Updates - CTG books

Including using "English From The Roots Up," "God & the History of Art," & Composer Studies

Updates - CTG books

Unread postby cbollin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:22 am

Science - "Genesis For Kids" out of print?

firewarrior wrote:Since "Genesis For Kids" is now out of print, will MFW be replacing it with another book?
If so, what are their possible replacements? If not... what book will work instead?
~KH

I just talked with David Hazell to confirm this.

Yes, Genesis for Kids is still part of the basic (and deluxe) packages of CTG. MFW cannot sell it separately at this time. It must be sold as part of the package. If you are purchasing just the teacher's manual (and not the full package) to CTG directly from MFW, you can call the MFW office and ask about how to buy GFK at that same time. At this time, MFW is still able to reprint this book for their customers; therefore they still plan to use the book in CTG.

Hope that make sense :)
--crystal
cbollin

Unread postby Lucy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:17 am

As long as I have been with MFW this book has never been in publication. So we can only hope that the authors continue to allow it to be printed by MFW. I can not think why they would not want MFW to print it since it means some income from the book for them.

Peace to you,
Lucy
wife to Lee and mom to Twila 18 (girl) and Noel 16(boy). Happy MFW user since 2002.
Lucy

Book Update - Art

Unread postby Lucy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:46 pm

LSH in MS wrote:Revised verson of God and the history of art? what's different?

Are there major differences in the revised version of GATHOA? I know it's sepearated into 2 volumes instead of one. Any major changes?

Does MFW sell the revised version?

MFW sells the revised edtion. The change was primarily to the 2 volume format. There were no major changes made in the content.

Lucy
wife to Lee and mom to Twila 18 (girl) and Noel 16(boy). Happy MFW user since 2002.
Lucy

Unread postby kellybell » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:55 pm

There are a few wording changes that we've noticed. My dd's have the older one-volume comb-bound books and my ds has the two-volume paper-back. All we've noticed are some wording changes here or there to make things clearer.
Kelly, wife to Jim since 1988, mom to Jamie (a girl, 1994), Mary (1996), Brian (1998) and Stephanie (2001).
kellybell

The Children's Homer - Cover Change

Unread postby cbollin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:19 pm
About the 2 books, in the "group picture" of the CTG package, the older picture cover of The Children's Homer is used in the group photo while in the individual pictures of that same book, the newer cover picture is used. Those are the same book with just an updated picture.
cbollin

Unread postby Julie in MN » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:39 pm

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:43 pm
As for the book covers, I had two copies, one with each cover. I felt the "older" brown cover had nicer, whiter pages. But either one worked for reading the story!
Julie
Julie in MN

Book changes

Unread postby cbollin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:14 am

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:02 am
In the older editions of the manual, the book Celebrating Biblical Feasts is called Celebrate the Feasts. (same book, but publishers changed titles and that probably means some page numbers too) ---

And I've heard the book Pyramids went from soft to hard cover so older manual and newer books may not line up. But -- you'll probably figure it out.

-crystal
cbollin

CTG - Week 1 - Victor question

Unread postby jasntas » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:36 am

giddynsonshine wrote:What is Victor on Week 1 Day 4 in the Bible Section?

The name of the book recently changed to The David C. Cook Journey through the Bible by V. Gilbert Beers. HTH :)
Tammie - Wife to James for 24 years
Mom to Justin (13) and Carissa (10)
ADV & K 2009-2010
ECC & 1st 2010-2011
CTG 2011-2012
RTR 2012-2013
EX1850 2013-2014
The days of a mother are long but the years are short.
http://tammiestime.blogspot.com/
jasntas

CTG - difference between Victor JTB and Cook JTB?

Unread postby cbollin » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:18 am

Tracey in ME wrote:Hi! Do I need to get a new "Journey Through The Bible" (JTB) book? I have the one with basically the same color as the one listed at the ordering site, but mine says "The Victor Journey Through The Bible" instead of this new one that says, "The David C. Cook Journey Through The Bible." Thanks!

http://www.mfwbooks.com/setcnt/FAQS
    What are the changes to Journey through the Bible?

The Victor Journey through the Bible is now The David C. Cook Journey through the Bible. All of the pages and content are the same. The Teacher's Manuals can be used without any changes. Whenever Victor is referenced, you can use The David C. Cook Journey through the Bible instead.
that means.. the title changed. that's all. :)

Tracey in ME wrote:The one place I forgot to look! Doh! Thanks!

no worries.... I would have done the same as you and asked out loud.

-crystal
cbollin

Re: CTG - difference between Victor JTB and Cook JTB?

Unread postby jasntas » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 pm

When I received the new book last year MFW had placed a note in it, on pink paper I think, that explained the name change.
Tammie - Wife to James for 24 years
Mom to Justin (13) and Carissa (10)
ADV & K 2009-2010
ECC & 1st 2010-2011
CTG 2011-2012
RTR 2012-2013
EX1850 2013-2014
The days of a mother are long but the years are short.
http://tammiestime.blogspot.com/
jasntas

Return to Creation to the Greeks Archive