Would it be easy to substitute the Beginner's bible by Zonderkids instead of using the young discover's bible?
Kids using the Adventures pilot program this year have been excited because they can read their Bible themselves. What a joy to give this opportunity to our children! You really do need the Bible included in the program. We chose this Bible because:
1. It has larger print than most.
2. It is written on a Grade 3 level (actually 2.9). Children can really read God's word for themselves!!!
3. The print is black and not green like some children's Bibles.
4. We give the page numbers of every reference so that the children can easily find the verses themselves. (They will learn in later programs to find verses by reference.)
5. When they are older, you can easily switch them to the version you prefer, but for now, think of this as a huge step up from a Bible storybook.
(We use NIV for the memory but let you subsititue any version for that but we really recommend using the Bible in the program for their reading so that kids are given the opportunity to interact with God's Work on their level.)