Search found 7 matches
Search found 7 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm
- Forum: Ideas - 1850 to Modern Times
- Topic: 1850-MOD - Weeks 1 & 2 (including studying the States)
- Replies: 16
- Views: 9158
Suggestion if you've got more than 2 kids playing this game together. .....have each kid put a unique colored mark (i.e., yellow star, or purple heart) on their deck of cards. It helps when you're finished and trying to clean up with 5 kids and 5 decks! One of my kiddos had hers marked like above an...
- Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:42 am
- Forum: Support for using the message board
- Topic: Renewing HSLDA Membership with MFW discount?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3685
I'd like to get the MFW rates when I renew my HSLDA membership. I found the number but the HSLDA website is telling me that it's not a valid coupon code. I don't want to have to fill our a new membership form and lose the history of us being members for the past 8 years. How do I renew and get the M...
- Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:18 pm
- Forum: Choosing Curriculum Archive--For Those New to MFW
- Topic: Schedule - Will block scheduling work?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4012
I'd be interested to know how you've done block scheduling. Here's what I've been thinking about doing this coming year. Daily: Bible, Math, Lang. Arts (reading, spelling [2nd], grammar/ writing strands) Monday: History & Science Readings Tuesday: Science Experiments Wednesday: Music/Art Thursday: W...
- Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 am
- Forum: 6th to 8th grade Archive
- Topic: PP - Choosing Guides, Book Reviews
- Replies: 27
- Views: 9784
Out of the Dust can be classified as freestyle poetic story telling. I encourage you to preview this book for suitability before getting the pp guide. Thanks for the heads up on Out of the Dust themes. Hmmm, that does make you think. My daughter is pretty sensitive and I can't imagine her reading t...
- Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:09 pm
- Forum: Book Basket and Independent Reading Archive
- Topic: Reading - Learning without "Readers" or "A Reading Program"?
- Replies: 52
- Views: 19302
My ds7 is almost finished with his grade 2 pathway reader books. How is the content of grade 3 for age 7? At what point is the content of these books going to be beyond the early elementary grades? I realize Pathway books are not MFW, but I still thought I would ask here since it is this kind board...
- Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:07 am
- Forum: Preschool & Pre-K Archive
- Topic: Combining with older grades - More help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 7592
I actually start with my older kids first, early in the a.m. while the littles are still sleeping. 6-8 a.m. is the best times to get the independent kids pushed in the right direction. Then breakfast with the little folks and after we start the prek & K lessons while the big kids work on their check...
- Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:45 am
- Forum: Other Subjects Archive
- Topic: Prep/Organization - Daily advice from the very organized!
- Replies: 75
- Views: 23332
I make a spreadsheet for each child called "180 Days of School." I include holidays, coop's and any field trips I know we're planning. This helps me to be realistic about what can be accomplished. These serve as my check list and record for the new school year. I also put together a 34 week student ...