Search found 4 matches
Search found 4 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:49 pm
- Forum: High School Archive
- Topic: Combining siblings in the same hs level
- Replies: 24
- Views: 10601
Hi Molly, I'm new to MFW this year, (14th year hs'ing, though) with only our youngest doing MFW K this year. Next year, I will have one graduated, one in 11th (probably will do World History and Lit), and two middle ones. I've tossed around my options for these two middles: one will be in 8th, the o...
- Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:44 pm
- Forum: 6th to 8th grade Archive
- Topic: Prep for High School - Writing, grammar, more
- Replies: 44
- Views: 19602
Great thoughts, Julie! I'm looking forward to the writing aspects of MFW in the fall when I bring my other kiddos into the program. Up to this point, we have done a mish-mash of writing methods, with IEW at the core of it all. I received Writing Strands 3 and 4 last week, so I am going to bring my 6...
- Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:05 pm
- Forum: MFW Curriculum -- Share Your Experiences
- Topic: K: God's Creation from A to Z -- Share Your Experiences
- Replies: 27
- Views: 47122
I just wanted to chime in on how much we are loving MFW K this year. We have been homeschooling for 14 years and have used a wide spectrum of methods, but we had never done unit studies before. It always seemed like a little too much leg work to pull it all together. I am loving how MFW combines the...
- Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:07 pm
- Forum: Other Subjects Archive
- Topic: Facts of Life - Handling delicate topics Bible, Science, Art
- Replies: 34
- Views: 11424
Just jumping in here with a few words of advice I had gotten a few years back..."tell them before someone else gets the chance to tell them something that is your privilege/responsibility as a parent. They will hear it sooner than you think, from a friend maybe even in Sunday school." I've also hear...