Search found 4 matches
Search found 4 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:40 pm
- Forum: Preschool & Pre-K Archive
- Topic: Special Needs in the early years
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5012
Both of my daughters attended an early childhood program for ages 3-5, for the 2 years before they enter kindergarten. It was called phonology because it was only for kids with only speech delays. I am now homeschooling them both (k and 1st) The preschool was great. They loved it, had a wonderful te...
- Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:35 pm
- Forum: Other Subjects Archive
- Topic: Special Needs - Ideas for helping with speech
- Replies: 24
- Views: 9489
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:34 am I talked to Lauren's speech therapist and we discussed what level she is at now and her therapist felt that I would be able to work with her on my own. She also willingly offered to evaluate quarterly each year to make sure that she is making good progress and give...
- Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:45 pm
- Forum: Language Arts Archive
- Topic: Handwriting - Encouraging proper pencil grip, right OR left
- Replies: 61
- Views: 25009
I found a really good website with a picture of the correct pencil grip and some grippers to help and they also gave the idea to use an easel.
- Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:19 pm
- Forum: Choosing Curriculum Archive--For Those New to MFW
- Topic: Combining K & 1st - Experiences teaching them together
- Replies: 39
- Views: 16133
I was getting so anxious about starting school again and really dreading it. I'm not really sure why but I was really nervous. We started today, doing 1st and K together (my 2 year old was sleeping so it was a little smoother....) We combined everything but the reading lessons and my K did all the c...