Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:23 pm
- Forum: Kindergarten Archive
- Topic: Phonics with a regional accent?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4510
I'm from NC, and I *definitely* don't say "cat" and "sam" the same way LOL. But having taught it to 2 kids so far, it hasn't been a problem - they seem to get it. They will sound it out saying the "a" sound the "right" way, and then when they read it, they read it in "Southern" LOL. It's kind of fu...
- Tue May 20, 2008 11:24 am
- Forum: Mathematics Archive
- Topic: Placement - Where did your child place after MFW-1 math?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 7838
I have a second grader going into Adventures. I chose to start with 1A because Singapore seems to be a different way of thinking in math, and I thought it best to allow her the easier exercises to change her way of thinking. It is a lot of mental math which I think is great! We aced the 1A test, but...