Search found 3 matches
Search found 3 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:32 pm
- Forum: Choosing Curriculum Archive--For Those New to MFW
- Topic: Comparing - Can our family really do a Unit Study?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 25595
Hi Sherron Welcome to MFW!! There's not a whole lot more that I can say that the other ladies didn't say so beautifully. But I also thought I might just add a couple of thoughts. You will be schooling w/ a pre-K. I have a toddler and pre-K along w/ a 10yo ds and 8yo ds. So your road will be bumpier ...
- Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:06 pm
- Forum: Language Arts Archive
- Topic: Poetry memorization (and other memory work)
- Replies: 28
- Views: 15470
When we start a lesson on memorization, I first read the poem to my ds and explain the meaning to it. We "digest" it to understand what the poet was meaning. Then I hand them the tape player w/ our "poem tape" in it, of which I've already recorded the poem on and they go and listen to it for 15 min....
- Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:36 pm
- Forum: Preschool & Pre-K Archive
- Topic: 3-year-olds - Feeling left out of K and olders, scheduling both
- Replies: 31
- Views: 13486
Thanks Ladies!!! Such great advice from all of you. I really appreciate your time. I don't know why I didn't think about getting him involved while we were doing things (i.e. flag, art etc...) probably b/c I wanted something to occupy him so I could school the others.....but that's not what it's all...