Search found 129 matches
- Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:58 pm
- Forum: Book Basket and Independent Reading Archive
- Topic: Reading - How much time to set aside? (silently, aloud, etc)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6069
I love book basket. My kids don't really pull books out to read from the bookshelf (on their own) all that much (although they do at bedtime), and sometimes they scoff at bookbasket, but usually they will continue reading even after the timer goes off. Their "reading" time for school is usually almo...
- Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:09 pm
- Forum: Preschool & Pre-K Archive
- Topic: 1-year-olds - Getting school done, Encouragement
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9649
We are doing MFW 1st with our first grader and ECC with our 4th grader. We also have a 20 month old boy who is quite rambunctious and spirited. I am having a really hard time getting the school work done with him around. I've tried to move school to his nap time, but that doesn't leave me any time ...
- Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:30 pm
- Forum: Adventures in U.S. History
- Topic: Glimpses of Adventures - How is it going in January?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8330
We are finishing up week 19 tomorrow. It seems we finish up the reading for the week of Pioneers and Patriots in one sitting (even the 4 y.o's) They love that book. Last week was my favorite for science. We made a jello cell - completely edible. The next day we ate it after I had the kids draw and l...
- Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:22 pm
- Forum: Kindergarten Archive
- Topic: Handwriting (& Coloring) - Ideas for children who resist
- Replies: 26
- Views: 15683