Search found 405 matches
- Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 pm
- Forum: Ideas - Creation to the Greeks
- Topic: CTG - Week 1 (including the Sabbath & Creation)
- Replies: 52
- Views: 38839
Hi, all - We just finished Week 1. Our family really enjoyed the Sabbath activities! We used the Altoids mint box idea for our spice box (Thanks, Lainie! :) ). The bread recipe in the book was delicious. And while "resting" on Saturday was a challenge, we did it, and it was one of the most restful &...
- Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:43 pm
- Forum: Other Subjects Archive
- Topic: Encouragement - Behind - Finding Peace and/or Catching Up
- Replies: 94
- Views: 27232
Hi, Annie - I would stop, regroup, and start fresh with the new curriculum in the fall, in everything except math. I'm not one to skip anything. We try to be very diligent in our home. But sometimes life presents things that are out of our control. If a child gets sick while attending a school, the ...
- Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm
- Forum: Kindergarten Archive
- Topic: MFW-K and state requirements for social studies, days,
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7541
Hi, AnneMarie - We just finished the K curriculum. It's wonderful! Our daughter finished the year reading (& loves it!!), counting money, adding, subtracting, counting by 10s.... She learned so much from the extra books the curriculum recommends, and the times we spent snuggled on the couch reading ...
- Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01 pm
- Forum: Ideas - Exploring Countries and Cultures
- Topic: Weeks 9-11 Brazil
- Replies: 63
- Views: 62807
We just finished reading the biography of Nate Saint's sister, Rachel Saint. It's an amazing story! The story of Nate Saint isn't complete without learning how Rachel Saint reached the tribe for Christ after her brother's death. (We ordered it from the same company, YWAM Publishing. I think it was $...
- Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:02 pm
- Forum: Exploring Countries and Cultures Archive
- Topic: Schedule - Ideas when first weeks are taking too long
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6858
Our family is doing ECC and K curriculums this year. I can often feel overwhelmed. As HS moms, we're not just teachers: we're the teacher, the school nurse, the principal, the lunchlady, the janitor - we do it all! as well as try to be loving wives and mothers and homemakers. I can't do it all perfe...