I used MFW for CTG without any other history book, other than book basket books, and it was definitely enough, even without using Streams. Give it a try, I think you'll find its all you need.
Search found 31 matches
- Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:56 pm
- Forum: Creation to the Greeks Archive
- Topic: Books - Streams & Victor's with younger grades (author reply
- Replies: 32
- Views: 15063
- Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:24 pm
- Forum: Book Basket and Independent Reading Archive
- Topic: K & 1st - Favorite books and extra readers
- Replies: 67
- Views: 20239
Favorite books you would buy I was wondering what are your favorite books from the curriculum, especially the kinder level of my Father's World. We love books and thought maybe we would buy some of the best ones. Thanks for your opinion!! ALL of the McCloskey books are our favorites. What we did, w...
- Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 am
- Forum: Language Arts Archive
- Topic: Language Arts - Are the MFW recommendations the way to go?
- Replies: 34
- Views: 14827
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:19 pm Okay, I admit it.... I panicked when we were using PLL a couple of years ago, and thought "it's not enough!" So I went with something else for the past couple years. Now, I am regretting it. So for those of you who are concerned and want a different Language Arts pr...
Regarding writing a letter on Fridays (a great idea!), in the ECC Teaching Tips section, it says for the first week the student writes a rough draft. The following week, he revises it with adult assistance and writes the final draft. Does this mean do the rough draft one week, revision next week, j...
- Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:05 am
- Forum: Kindergarten Archive
- Topic: Handwriting - Is this included in MFW-K?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11552
Hi, I have a daughter that will be 5 next month and twin boy's 13 months younger than her. I have decided to use MFW and start homeschooling her in August. I'm really excited about this curriculum. I was wondering if you supplement any? I was going to use "Handwriting Without Tears" along with MFW ...
- Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:43 pm
- Forum: High School Archive
- Topic: Academics - Too much for average or not college bound?
- Replies: 30
- Views: 9738
Keepers of the Faith and Doorposts both have great books that will help guide your daughter in the wonderful path to being a Godly wife and Mommy. Doorposts in particular has more than one book for her age with lots of projects and ideas. Look at the site, and they are also very good to bounce ideas...