Supplies - Ordering for 2 Kindergarteners or K the 2nd time

God's Creation From A to Z: A Complete Kindergarten Curriculum
Marie

Supplies - Ordering for 2 Kindergarteners or K the 2nd time

Unread post by Marie » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:18 pm

Beth wrote:I am thinking of using MFW for my two kindergarteners. I have a few questions. Is the curriculum complete or do I need to bring in things from the library, etc? Also, since I will be teaching two children, will I need to order a second set of Student Materials?
Thanks so much,
Beth
Author: Marie Hazell
Date: 4/21/2004

The Kindergarten program is complete, but you will want to add library books on the various science topics (sun, moon, leaf, etc.)just to add more information. You will also read aloud from children's literature books (one every six days) on the topics you study. This is known as "Book Day" and it is a very special part of the program. There are recommended titles in the teacher's manual. If you cannot locate a title we recommend, we give alternates, or you can substitute with any good children's picture story book.

To teach two kindergarten children, you will need one additional set of student materials. You also need one a-z textured letter set for each student.

Lucy

Unread post by Lucy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:02 am

doodleboomommy wrote:My oldest daughter did MFWK in 2004. I am thinking about starting my youngest in MFWK in the fall.

My question is--will my TM from 2004 still go with the student materials I would be ordering in the summer? Does anyone know?

Thanks so much!
Cheryl
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Yes, Cheryl, you can use the same student materials.

Lucy

Fenni

Unread post by Fenni » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:32 pm

Tami H wrote:I'm going to use the K program with my twins but I also have a preschooler who will want to be involved. I know that I need the extra student materials for one, but is there anything there that would benefit the preschooler at 3 years old? I'm planning to purchase 3 of the A-Z Textured Letters but was unsure about the Cuisenaire Rods and Cuisenaire Rods Alphabet book. I already have some rods, so will one set be enough? Also, should I have a Rods Alphabet book for each of them?
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:51 pm

the rod book...You would only need one book if you rotate that activity, having the other child(ren) do something else at that time. OR you do have permission to reproduce the pages the children will use with the rods. I think you'd be fine with one set of rods.

There's nothing else I'd pull from K to use with the 3 yo. I might get a cheap dollar store workbook for the 3 yo to use with no pressure. or just a notebook and writing utensils, maybe some stickers, or some things printed off websites. Kumon workbooks are great and they have some for this age group. The Lauri toys MFW sells are also excellent.

RachelT

Unread post by RachelT » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:49 pm

We have especially enjoyed the number pegs and puzzles, lacing letters, and the Wee Sing Bible songs book and cd from the 3-4 yr old Preschool package that MFW offers.

I was in your boat almost two years ago and I think it would be great for you preschooler to have a coloring/activity book of his/her own so that when your twins are working on the student pages, your preschooler could be coloring the same letter of the alphabet, doing a maze or a connect the dots page, etc.

I also have this fun book called "Alphabet Art" by Judy Press. There are crafts for each letter of the alphabet and some fingerplays. These could be for all three youngers.

Rachel