God's Creation from A to Z 2nd Edition (Feb. 2107)
God's Creation from A to Z (2013 - cover and title change only)
My Father's World from A to Z 2nd Edition (2012)
My Father's World from A to Z (first published 1998)
The current K Student Sheets work with all previous kindergarten Teacher's Manuals. There is info on how to use them with previous editions in the online description: https://www.mfwbooks.com/item/92053/Stu ... om-A-to-Z/
Version 4: Second Edition of God’s Creation from A to Z, released February 2017.
Significant revisions to the Teacher’s Manual include:
- 5-day units with one letter a week (all previous editions had 6-day units) – activities are the same, but reformatted to 5 days
8 new Cuisenaire Rods activities were added)
New Christmas unit for December (similar to Pre-K) with Bible stories, hands-on activities, and colorful Student Sheets
New Fruit of the Spirit unit to end the year, focusing on character (love, joy, peace, etc.) as well as cooking, science, and more with new Student Sheets
New activities for outside play
Library booklist in appendix updated
Package contents changes:
- The Basic package now includes the literature books that are related to science or geography.
- The Deluxe package now includes the additional literature books formerly available in the Lit Pack.
- The Butterfly Garden and Ant Hill habitats have been removed from the Deluxe package because a few states find it difficult to receive the live insects through the mail. Both habitats are still highly recommended and available from MFW.
- 2017 & 2018 TM purchases (and upgrades) also will include one year's membership to God’s Big World. This is an excellent magazine that is mailed to your home every other month. You will also have access to World’s online content.
Also see the Upgrade tab on the Kindergarten page at the main MFW website:
https://www.mfwbooks.com/products/5/Kin ... Z/#Upgrade
In 2019, the 2nd edition of God’s Creation from A to Z began scheduling God's Amazing World. It is easy to add to any Teacher's Manual on Mondays, when previous Teacher's Manual say, "Present information about" the week's science topic.
Version 3: First edition of God's Creation From A To Z (2013)
In 2013, all MFW covers were updated to reflect learning stages.
K now has the orange "Discover stage" cover and is called God's Creation From A to Z. No content changes.
Version 2: MFW-K 2nd Edition (2012)
The core of the program has not changed. However, the new Teacher's Manual, now over 220 pages, includes the following revisions:
- New grid lesson plan charts for each unit
More hands-on activities
Expanded Bible lessons
Extensive booklist for each unit with many new Book Day storybooks (new in 2011)
Deluxe items are scheduled in the manual (music CD, Cuisenaire rods & book, butterflies, ants, dinosaur book, For the Children's Sake)
- New thematic math sheets (such as farm theme math sheet for the horse unit)
New sheets with animal pictures for scheduled activities
Badge patterns to trace
May be used with either a first or second edition Teacher's Manual
Additional Notes from previous conversations:
1. Some manuals printed in 2011 began to include preliminary revisions in book lists (from the previous 75 to now over 400 books, whittled down from over 4000 books reviewed, and including more recently published books) and the addition of the Literature Collection (with a booklet of new activities).
2. MFW-1st Student Sheets were first created in 2010. (Early on, there were some "Story Pages" that were accidentally printed double-sided, but that was quickly corrected.)
3. MFW Kindergarten badge activities have gone through three stages:
a. The original manual suggested making badges, generating LOTS of posts in the ideas forum, many of which are saved here: http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9562 These ideas are not required but may be useful for families who want to use the new badges in creative ways, as well as for families still using their older edition K manuals.
b. For a few years, the MFW-K instructions were to use the "premade badges" in the student sheets, which were in the shape of calling cards.
c. Starting in 2012, the MFW-K instructions include (a) using the "premade badges" as flashcards, and (b) there are also templates or "badge patterns" in the student sheets.
4. "Introduction to Classical Music" was changed to MFW's "Hello to Classical Music" in 2012 and can be used with all manuals by just using the songs in order and printing out the activities on the CD.