Combining K & ADV - or should we all just do ADV?

God's Creation From A to Z: A Complete Kindergarten Curriculum
scarletrose

Re: What would you choose?

Unread post by scarletrose » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:03 am

gratitude,

I would buy the ECC student sheets. I bought then for my 4 & 5 year olds and am glad I did. They enjoy coring the different pages like their big brothers. Yesterday we did U.S. Map pages and I helped mark what states they've been to. They enjoyed that a lot. As soon as I pull out sheets for their brothers, they are asking where their's are too. I wanted to save money, but am glad I didn't skip buying those for them.
First year of MFW using ECC

erin.kate

Unread post by erin.kate » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:29 am

I also intend to use the student sheets from ECC with all four of mine, even Jack who is 3. I was talking with Paige at the MFW office and she was such a blessed reminder of the intention of pulling the family together for learning, even if it's as simple as scribbling on a country sheet. Not that money isn't precious ... I know that it is ... but I figure $16.95 x 3 = two trips out for dinner. ECC is money much better spent. :-)
♥Count it all joy ~
Mae 11, Viola 9, Jude 7, & Jack 6
2015: RTR
2014: CTG
2011: Adventures
2010: MFW First Grade
2009: MFW K♥

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 am

the other side of the equation is:

yes, it's only about 50 cents a week per child for extra sheets. In some families, that is a great value because younger children will want to do some of the same stuff. worth the peace and even if younger doesn't do all of the sheets, it's not a big money loss.

In other families - togetherness is not achieved through worksheets. My youngest wasn't interested in having her own worksheets - even to scribble on. She was connected to the ECC year by the cooking and crafts!

-crystal