# 6 - Turtle

If you are using God's Creation From A to Z, please share your ideas with us.
HouseofCockrell

Re: # 6 - Turtle

Unread post by HouseofCockrell » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 am

We are working on our turtle unit this week and my ds is loving it, of course! I am having to find lots of extra turtle activities because he just doesn't want to stop working! Anyway, one thing we've done is found a large, rounded rock and painted it using tempera paint to look like a turtle shell (can be a good lesson in patterns). My ds even used a glittery green, which looks very interesting on a brown rock. :) After the rock dried, we hot glued curved noodles (dyed green with food coloring, these also make good counters and you can thread them like necklaces for pre-writing practice) for feet and a tail, then a green pompom with googly eyes and a yarn smile for a head. Very cute and useful as a paperweight!
I'm Lauren married to my best friend, Mark, since 2005.
Mommy to ds, born 2008 and dd, born 2011.
Once upon a time, I began a teaching career, then left to be a stay-at-home mom. That's when my education really began...:-)

Emhrnbsn

Re: # 6 - Turtle

Unread post by Emhrnbsn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:47 pm

A book we read and really enjoyed for this unit was 'Rosie Revere Engineer' by Andrea Beaty. The line that I liked was "Life might have its failures, but this was not it. The only true failure can come if you quit."