* We're having fun in CtG!

Including using "English From The Roots Up," "God & the History of Art," & Composer Studies
IdahoGrown

Re: New here and just finished week 3 of CtG

Unread post by IdahoGrown » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:58 am

***Welcome!!!!!!***

I am glad to hear MFW is going so well for you! This is our first year too and we are at week 16 in CtG. It is like nothing I have ever used before and I am thoroughly pleased and at peace with our hs'ing.

We used another program for P3/4, P4/5, K, 1+2, 3, and 4. Then God laid it on my heart that there was something that was missing from our homeschool. That something was MFW and biblically integrated history! :-)

Btw, I love the grid pattern too. :) It is so easy to use the guides! And the appendix in the back is so useful! The student pages are wonderful! Okay, I will stop now. Lol!

Glad to hear you are enjoying CtG!
Jean
Mom to dd 13 and ds 8
Hs'ing since 2004.
Using Adventures and RtR 2011-2012

Previous cores used: CtG 2010-2011

terick89

Finish Strong

Unread post by terick89 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Wow, we are at week 33 for CtG...can't believe it! This was our first year homeschooling 11 year old ("fifth grade") triplets! There were days I really did NOT think we would make it. But we did with God's help and a LOT of grace! I am so glad we plugged away and didn't give up on MFW or homeschooling! It was challenging, but so worthwhile and meaningful.

To those of you who are faced with challenging days, please don't give up! Hang in there and finish strong! You'll be so proud of yourself and your children! IF I can make it then I'm certain anyone can! Thank you to the Hazell's (boy I'd love to meet them) and this message board.

Here's to looking forward to RtoR! Happy up and coming summer everyone! I really find inspiration in you all from this message board. Thank you Lord!

Blessings,
Teri
dd, 11
ds, 11
ds, 11
Teri
DD, 13
DS, 13
DS, 13
CtG 2010-11, RtR 2011-12, Exp. to 1850 2012-13

marsha617

Starting CTG on Monday!

Unread post by marsha617 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 pm

We're starting CTG on Monday. This is our 3rd yr. using MFW but first yr. using all their recommendations except spelling. We're even using the independent whiteboard. We switched to Singapore, PLL/ILL, GHA, and I'm sticking to MFW science only. I'm looking forward to not formulating other plans outside of my full load everyday! ;) Happy schooling everyone! Blessings to all!
Andrew 10
Nathan 8
Ryan 5
Josh 2
Yes, we have ALL boys. Life is fun and always interesting!
MFW since 2008; CTG this coming school yr.

Poohbee

Re: Starting CTG on Monday!

Unread post by Poohbee » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:43 pm

We are starting CTG on Monday, too! (And 1st grade for the second time).

As I was writing the first memory verse for CTG on my white board tonight in preparation for tomorrow, I couldn't help but stop to reflect and be thankful. The scripture is: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness...." 2 Timothy 3:16

My dds have been enjoying their summer break so much, they are not ready for summer to end. I have been dreading the first day a little bit because I know my dds aren't excited about starting school already. However, as I wrote that verse on our white board, I just got this feeling of peace. I know that it is going to be such a great year as my dds and I delve into God's word together! I am so thankful that I am able to stay home and homeschool my children, and I am thankful for MFW, a curriculum that helps to draw my children and I closer to Christ as we learn together each day. What a huge blessing! I am looking forward to a fantastic year! And I hope you are too, Marsha! :)
Jen
happily married to Vince (19 yrs)
blessed by MFW since 2006
have used every year K-1850MOD
2018-2019: Adventures with 9yo boy

asheslawson

Unread post by asheslawson » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 pm

We started Monday...I was like Marsha...I was looking forward...but my 10 year old ds was not wanting summer to end. But it went great! Of course, in 1st day fashion - we ended up doing school all day. Today was a bit better and we finished around 2:30. I homeschool 2 & babysit 2 toddlers.

Have to say though - we LOVED our last 2 days. My kids loved the Dinosaurs of Eden book...and don't want me to stop reading. Surprisingly my 10 year old, who usually despises art, loved drawing with his pencil gripped in his teeth. He was a bit apprehensive at first, as was my dd6, but after a few attempts...they decided to draw more pictures after finishing the butterfly. I wished my Christmas box wasn't in the attic...I have some Joni Eareckson Tada Christmas cards in my wrapping paper box that I would have loved to show them. But - it's TOO hot to go up there right now!

Today was also a blessing...we only had one linen napkin that my mother-in-law wrapped around a gift she gave me. I chose to let them paint this and their was some tension..but they came together - sketched out what they each would do and both painted their picture on the napkin. It was so nice to see them working together on this. Then my ds10 set to work cutting the stars out of the pie tins. We are really excited about this week and looking forward to our sabbath weekend. Wishing everyone a wonderful school year!
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him" Colossians 2:6
dd-28, ds-25, ds-24, ds-22, ds-14, dd-10, student 13, granddaughter 3
MFW K, 1st, ECC, CTG, RTR, EX1850, 1850-MOD
http://texashomeschooler.blogspot.com/

Poohbee

Unread post by Poohbee » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Ashley, it was so much fun reading your post. Our first couple of days sound so much like yours! We're off to a great start, and the kids are liking most everything we're doing. Our first day usually goes a bit longer than usual because we spend some time outside taking pictures, we fill out an "All About Me" sheet for their binders, make a cover sheet for their binders, etc.

Like Ashley's, my kids love the Dinosaurs of Eden book. We started The Tanglewood's Secret this week, as well, and they love that book, too. When we did the "Lesson in Frustration" for art, drawing with our teeth like Joni Eareckson Tada, my 6yo dd got very frustrated, but my 10yo dd surprised me and really stuck with it. She even refused to use her hands to pick up her colored pencils when she tipped over the glass they were in twice. I was really happy with her perseverance. I thought this lesson about Joni was so neat because I happen to have a print of a picture painted by Joni. I pulled that out and showed it to my girls after their art lesson. They thought it was amazing to see the picture she painted by holding the paintbrush in her mouth, especially after trying to do that themselves and discovering how challenging it is! Today, the girls made clay pots for 1st grade and we started working on our spice box for CTG. We've had some great discussions about God and his Word as we've been reading the Dinosaurs of Eden book and the verses in Genesis about Creation. We've been reading book basket books about Shabbat, and my dds are really looking forward to our celebration this weekend, especially Saturday being a day with no work. :-)

We are thoroughly enjoying CTG and 1st! I can tell already that this is going to be a fantastic year!
Jen

asheslawson

Unread post by asheslawson » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Poohbee wrote:When we did the "Lesson in Frustration" for art, drawing with our teeth like Joni Eareckson Tada, my 6yo dd got very frustrated, but my 10yo dd surprised me and really stuck with it. She even refused to use her hands to pick up her colored pencils when she tipped over the glass they were in twice. I was really happy with her perseverance.
Hi Jen,
I loved to read this...I did not mention in my post that my 6 yr old, who is usually daring and vibrant and never shy, actually started crying when she did this activity. It melted big brother's heart enough that he came over and rubbed her back while she cried on my shoulder. She is usually very artistic and draws some pretty surprising pictures while he is not so into art...and is satisfied with simple stick figures to get his point across. After a few minutes - she calmed down when I kept explaining to her that she did not have to complete this and trying was enough (it was really her big brother's art program - but she always wants to participate with his art and science). It gave us a lovely time to discuss some of the cool things Joni E. Tada has done - I told her about the camps she has run for people with disabilities and we talked about how frustrating it must be to have no choice but to do something differently than non-disabled people. It was another of those moments that I thank God I found MFW for all of the wonderful moments we are blessed with, in which we can teach about tenderness and kindness towards others.

Hope your year goes great...Sounds like your 6 & 10 yr old had very similar experiences as my 6 & 10 yr old!! Ashley
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him" Colossians 2:6

marsha617

Unread post by marsha617 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:07 pm

This was by far the BEST first week we have ever had!!! :-) I have homeschooled since 2007, two of those years we used MFW. Since we implemented MFW curriculum suggestions & the whiteboard, I cannot express how wonderful the week turned out. My kids got to the schoolroom @ 8:00 am every morning (and me too) and we were done by 12:00. This has never happened. I thank God for the new changes he brought our way. We haven't added in spelling or writing yet, but I think we can finish around the same time.
Andrew 10
Nathan 8
Ryan 5
Josh 2
Yes, we have ALL boys. Life is fun and always interesting!
MFW since 2008; CTG this coming school yr.

Cyndi (AZ)

Unread post by Cyndi (AZ) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:34 pm

I think the first week of CTG was our best homeschool week ever, too. It was just a wonderful experience. We've done the first 3 weeks now and are just loving this program.
2018/19: US1877
used MFW from K through WHL

asheslawson

What a thought! (CTG & Victor)

Unread post by asheslawson » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm

We were studying "The Fall" in Victor today, while following CTG. We read p. 12 & Genesis, ch 3. My son really had some more interest in this - as a matter of fact - he could not be convinced to summarize the story on the history notebooking sheet and wrote 2 full pages front and back. I did convince him to summarize on the picture page - and we attached his story. He loved it.

He had such an interesting thought after reading Victor Journey Through the Bible. THe book, on p. 12 at the top of the 2nd column, reads "No trace of the beautiful garden has been found and some think that it withered and died when God expelled Adam and Eve. Others believe it was destroyed by the great Flood in the days of Noah. Some think it still exists." This evidently resounded with him.

He wondered aloud...with a cute smile on his face..."What if it is still there? What if we can't see it because of sin?" He mulled on that awhile and then wondered further, "What if there are protected animals, still safe within the confine of the garden, even dinosaurs? What if they are still sinless and only those animals outside of the garden live as we do, killing and being killed. What if sin exists outside this garden, that we can't see, because we are blinded by sin, but what if the garden really is still there?"

Who knows...I certainly don't....and the whole idea of it seems pretty fantastic for sure...but then again...doesn't so much of the bible seem that way? I can't remember who said it - but I've even read the quote of an atheist who said the creation story is more probable, but he just chooses to believe in evolution because the story the bible tells is too fantastic to believe! Wow - what a wonderful God we have - that He is capable of doing things so wonderful as what He has done - and yet there are still some wonderful mysteries! I am so glad to be blessed with the innocent thoughts that our children take such pleasure in imagining! And yet - part of me wonders....what if? Could Eden still be there - but our sin keeps it protected from our view and completely guarded from our reach? Is the cherubim still guarding the gate...but we can't even see this because of our sinful state? I wonder.....

momma2boys

Unread post by momma2boys » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:25 am

We just finished our first week of CTG. And I have to agree that this year started out wonderfully! My son is loving it so much that he said he didn't even long for the weekend because he wanted to keep doing his school work. :) I didn't think that I would enjoy it so much because I just loved ECC last year, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Yay for MFW and yay for CTG!!!
Anna (CO)

Still married to the love of my life
Mom to two boys, 13 and 11 - both adopted and with their own unique special needs

We've done ADV, ECC, CTG, RTR and on to EXPL-1850 this year!
http://www.ChiqBanAnna@gmail.com

Mallorie

LOVING CtG!

Unread post by Mallorie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:10 am

We are just finishing up week 4 of CtG. I really, really like this program! It seems a lot of work, with the feasts and such, but they are magnificent! We have been so blessed by the celebrations (we did get slightly off track once due to a really busy week and poor scheduling on my part), but are on track now to celebrate Yom Kippur this Sunday. Having the kids make the candle holders, help with the breads and desserts, etc. The Sabbath blessings..having my husband pray over the kids and I that way are precious memories. I will admit, I *almost* let the classical music studies slide. I'm so glad I didn't. Vivaldi is playing again, I adore The Four Seasons, and I play it randomly throughout the days. I'm looking forward to next week where the kids sketch while listening.

We read The Tanglewood Secret in a fraction of what we were supposed to, so are using The Golden Goblet as our read-aloud until we get to the next scheduled one. Amazing books.

I feel compelled to note this for people who look into MFW for the future, as it's the type of thing I was looking for when I was researching curriculum. A lot of people love ECC, but a lot of people don't, and don't continue MFW as a result, which is a shame. We trudged through ECC, and I freely admit geography doesn't hold my interest much. As I got to the end of the year, I realized how many "shortcuts" I took and didn't do the program entirely as scheduled. We took advantage of the book basket, which was great, but even there, I could have done more, and wish I had. I think it would have made the year more enjoyable. I had a "get it over with" attitude instead of a "dig in" one.

This year, I set my mind to do CtG as scheduled, to the fullest. I did make two exceptions: I use R&S spelling for both of my kids, and I don't do writing strands because I enrolled my kids in a homeschool writing class with a phenomenal teacher. Ok, so three, I haven't decided on foreign language because funds have been tight. lol My point is, I'm doing everything that is scheduled, and seeing the fruits of it. Checking out as many book baskets as we can and doing the crafts in them. Cleaning the house and preparing the meals, etc.

And it does tie nicely into AHL that my oldest is doing. He gets the benefits of the feasts, and interjecting into our conversations once in a while.

Thanks MFW! :)

Tracey in ME

Re: LOVING CtG!

Unread post by Tracey in ME » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:50 am

Mallorie wrote:I feel compelled to note this for people who look into MFW for the future, as it's the type of thing I was looking for when I was researching curriculum. A lot of people love ECC, but a lot of people don't, and don't continue MFW as a result, which is a shame. We trudged through ECC, and I freely admit geography doesn't hold my interest much. As I got to the end of the year, I realized how many "shortcuts" I took and didn't do the program entirely as scheduled. We took advantage of the book basket, which was great, but even there, I could have done more, and wish I had. I think it would have made the year more enjoyable. I had a "get it over with" attitude instead of a "dig in" one.
I am guilty of doing this many times. I have caught myself looking at other curriculum almost every year (okay, yeah, every year) since starting to use MFW (in 2006)...and I ALWAYS come right back to MFW because THAT is what I wanted in the first place. If I try to skim through and just "get done," I end up missing so many wonderful activities, projects, and learning.
- Tracey
Mother of six (16, 13, 9, 7, 4, and 15 months)
2006 - Present - My Father's World
2001-2005 Sonlight

Our blog: http://traceys-journal.blogspot.com/

momxnine

Unread post by momxnine » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

We keep getting interrupted w/CTG. The first week we missed Sabbath because of a church function or something and then Week 2 we didn't get to make it up. But hopefully next week we'll get to Rosh Hashanah then catch up another week w/Sabbath. We did Rosh Hashanah about 20 years ago with a couple of other families and it was so much fun. Everyone spent the night at our house and one of the dad's blew the "shofar" (really a very loud obnoxious old horn!) to wake everyone up. It was a wonderful, blessed time. We probably won't go into that much detail this next week, but still looking forward to it. Hopefully that'll at least catch us up even though it won't be the exact Jewish dates. : )

I loved ECC so much that I'm doing it with my grandkids too, but I also like geography. I was a little more leary of this year, but after reading through everything, I know it will be just as wonderful but in a different way. :) And one of my older sons is in AHL this year, so like you said, it goes along nicely.
Blessings,
Vicki in SW MO.

Mom to 9, ages 10 - 31, Grammy to 4
Married 32 years, homeschooled for 25 years; 6 graduated, 3 to go

Poohbee

Unread post by Poohbee » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:19 pm

I was so blessed and encouraged by your message, Mallorie! We, too, loved CTG! I was intimidated by the feasts before we started, but as we dug in and did them, oh, my, what a blessing they were! As you described, it was beautiful to see and hear my husband bless our children. My kids loved us putting on a table cloth, eating on our good dishes, and dining with candles on the table. We very seldom do that, so each time we did it for a feast, it was special. The feasts seem like a lot of work, but they are so worth it! Ours weren't very authentic as far as the meal went. I think we had lasagna for most of the feasts, because that is a favorite meal for everyone in my family. We made the celebration special and made it our own in many ways.

And, truly, having celebrated the feasts makes our studies this year in RTR so much more meaningful. As we are reading The Bronze Bow and read about them celebrating the Sabbath, we can remember our own Sabbath celebration, and the book comes to life even more. The same is true anytime we read or hear about Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur or Passover.

I agree, too, Mallorie, that MFW is so rich when you participate in it fully! I have tried to do Book Basket more fully this year, and my kids are loving learning about Rome on their own through our book basket books. We made our jeweled clay pig today (well, one dd made a pig and the other made a bird...my eldest always wants to do things her own way) ;-) and my girls really enjoyed that! Even though those types of activities take more time, they are fun and memorable and so worth doing. I have been pleasantly surprised at my second grader's attempts at narration and notebooking summaries this year, as well!

I'm so glad you are enjoying CTG, and I'm so glad you shared your experiences! What a blessing!
Jen

mlangley

Unread post by mlangley » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Mallorie wrote: I will admit, I *almost* let the classical music studies slide. I'm so glad I didn't. Vivaldi is playing again, I adore The Four Seasons, and I play it randomly throughout the days. I'm looking forward to next week where the kids sketch while listening.
Just yesterday, my children said that they LOVE listening to Vivaldi!
Grace Christian Homeschool

Using CTG & AHL with 3 children

Mallorie

Unread post by Mallorie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 pm

LOL Our Sabbath feast was lasagne. :-)
We actually did have fish for the Rosh Hoshanna, because family took us out on Lake Michigan this summer and we caught a bunch of salmon, so we already had that in the freezer.

Oh...Vivaldi. Puts me in my happy place. :)

amyhatfield2003

Roll call for C to G

Unread post by amyhatfield2003 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi! We are on week 6 of CTG and are amazed at how much we have learned already!

Feel free to visit our blog to see what we've been up to (I post updates almost every day): http://homegrownhatfields.wordpress.com/

There are lots of experienced people on the message boards who are happy to help if you have any questions and I love how MFW pulls everything together for us! I think you're going to love CTG!

Amy

momxnine

Re: Roll call for C to G

Unread post by momxnine » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:43 am

Amy, Thanks for posting the link to your blog! I went and visited. Your boys look like they're having a great time! We did the cuneiform writing this morning. Fun! Even my 14 & 16 year old boys wanted to do it. Of course, they had an ulterior motive.... Eating the finished project! :-)
Blessings,
Vicki in SW MO.

Mom to 9, ages 10 - 31, Grammy to 4
Married 32 years, homeschooled for 25 years; 6 graduated, 3 to go

thelapps

Re: Roll call for C to G

Unread post by thelapps » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm

We are in Week 7 and Yes! loving it. I somehow felt more overwhelmed last year with ECC. Probably because we had first grade and ECC with a reluctant 8th grader.

The boys and I are enjoying the studies this year. And since we have a family of boys they love the feasts. Anything having to do with food is right down their alley! They wanted to build the sukkah with cornstalks and ornamental grasses but I ended up doing it myself with rope and blankets between trees and we never got to that feast. Just ate the first evening meal in it and read most of the scriptures that go with it daily. We got kind of freaked out by the BIG yellow jackets that came in to examine our citronella torches and candles. We've actually never done the Sabbath celebration yet, either. Maybe once everything is frozen outdoors we can try that one. We were still doing garden stuff over the time it was scheduled. We started the second week of August -I'm trying the year-round schedule this time. The boys love the science stuff with pyramids but especially the Genesis book experiments. They seem to really like the Ancient Egyptian studies. They made elaborate mazes for King Tut's pyramid when we did that in art.

Anyway, we are having fun and I hope you all are too. Make it fit your family and circumstances. Enjoy the studies of scripture and seeing the mind of God in history. I like to go to the weekly forums on here for CTG and see what the suggestions are. It's usually helpful.
Blessings to all!
Marie
Marie Lapp
5 sons using WHL; AHL; & RTR

mlangley

Just ordered CtG!!

Unread post by mlangley » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm

kanderson wrote:I am so excited. I just placed our order for CtG and RS Spanish this morning! And now... we wait..... LOL

We've been using MFW since Kindy and each year just gets better and better :-)
yay - we are on week 18 of ctg right now and love it! Hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
Grace Christian Homeschool

Using CTG & AHL with 3 children

One of each

Re: Just ordered CtG!!

Unread post by One of each » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:43 am

We're on week 17 and love it too. Love how the Bible is read daily and how the Journey book fills in the picture of the places and people of the Bible. We would never have studied Classical music on our own, but we are finding that we enjoy the CDs. And we enjoy the Genesis 4 Kids book too. My children really liked the Ph litmus test experiment. You're in for a great year! :)
ds, 13; dd, 10
2013-2014 RTR
2012-2013 CTG
2011-2012 ECC

kanderson

Re: Just ordered CtG!!

Unread post by kanderson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Just to update: Our package arrived on Monday. We barely made it through dinner when the kids and I couldn't stand it any longer and ripped open the box LOL. The books are awesome. DS (9) grabbed the Dinosaurs of Eden book and spent the rest of the evening going through it. DD (6) was mostly interested in going through her new 2nd grade spelling book and announcing to everyone that she could already read and spell all these new words - haha! I have to say my favorite so far from the package is the Celebrating Biblical Feasts book. We are still loving ECC but, boy, we can't wait for CtG! Box day is probably one of my favorite days of the year ;)
Kristin
married to dh since 2001
ds-9 ECC
dd-6 1st,
ds-4 MFW Pre-School/ Rod and Staff,
dd-2, into everything!
one in the arms of Jesus

http://wefruitfullymultiplied.blogspot.com/

mommy3,4and6

Day ONE in MFW Creation to Greeks

Unread post by mommy3,4and6 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, I'd like to share our first day of school journal :)

Monday, June 24, 2013.
Well, our first official school day for the year 2013-2014 is over. We started studying My Father's World Creation to the Greeks today with my three girls in grades 5th, 6th and 8th. We did not start our math, and I may wait one week to start our writing program just to give me more time to get organized. Baby enjoyed some exciting sessions of his Gentle Revolution Encyclopedic Knowledge Program including: Mis Comidas (my foods in Spanish), Dogs and Shapes.

Some challenges I already can start to see (nothing to do with MFW, just with our own circumstances, so we would be faced with the same challenges even if we used another program as our core). I'm praying God will help us overcome these bumps in the road, I really want this to be a good year :)

*Our home PC has a virus so we are down to one laptop and that is going to be difficult with the three girls on the computer!

*My girls are pretty close in age, so even when I only had one in homeschool, they really all were "homeschooling," they just kinda did what big sister did on their own level. I've often seen posts online about "what to do to keep my younger ones preoccupied during school" and never really thought it was a big deal.....until NOW! My eight month old was busy, busy, busy and not cooperating too well at naptime today. I'm finding tons of ideas for baby and preschoolers on Pinterest, so I think this will get better, with a little imagination and lots of prayer and patience!

*We HAVE to get serious about our Flylady "before bed routing" and taking care of the kitchen before bed....that was not fun this morning.

Finally, one thing I did miss this morning was my Bible reading, so I know definitely that I have to do that tomorrow.... essential for the wellbeing of my homeschool!!!

Some awesome things were:

* The girls all get to work together this year on their core subjects of Bible, History and Science!

* I get to be their teacher again and spend more quality time with them that way. Yaay! (last year all the girls worked on their own Cores). I missed being their teacher!

* Getting back to school early puts us in a great mood! We really need a schedule to thrive in our home. This night the dishes got done and more chores were completed by all of us, which I attribute to being back on a schedule!

*Starting school early also puts us back in “health conscious” mode. This morning we had a great start to our school day with a wonderful Paleo breakfast of bacon, egg omelet with onions and Serrano peppers and avocado on the side . Snack: of our very own home-grown apricots. The rest of the day was pretty paleo too: curry meat and potatoes for lunch. Dinner was great too : marinated pork chops, roasted veggies (whole cloves of garlic, broccoli and cauliflower tops, diced sweet potaoes, covered in olive oil and butter and garlic salt and other spices). The baby loooved the roasted veggies and I pureed them for his dinner with butter from grass-fed cows (new find!).

* Starting the school year in the summer makes “P.E.” super fun and super easy for mom: SWIMMING! Yay! Baby loves the pool too so he gets to jump in with his big sisters J BTW, this goes along wonderfully with his Doman- Gentle Revolution physical program activities. We have been practicing “under” in the bathtub but there’s nothing like swim practice in the real pool!

* Because we know we are starting school waaaaaaaaaaaaaay early, we can relax and enjoy our studies at our own pace. This week, for example we already have a fun summer field trip lined up: Universal Studios for my husband's company picnic! Because we are starting school early, we can just take the day off and have no guilt whatsoever! Yay! God is good!
Julie in MN wrote:What a fun read. We used to have threads about weekly progress often on the board. You're probably way ahead of most, though, starting in June! But I totally agree that getting back in a schedule helps the home function more smoothly.

Happy to hear your family can learn together, and that you're enjoying summer PE!
Julie

P.S. Maybe some toddler type ideas will help from the toddler/preschool board:
http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewforum.php?f=2
Thanks Julie,
I will definitely check out that thread!
mothermayi wrote:Well, one thing is for sure. I want to come to your house for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...oh, and snack! Yum!!

Congrats on a great first day!
Born again believer and married to sweet Christian man
Mom to precious babies:
Dd(13)
Dd (11)
Dd(10)
Ds 8 mos.
We homeschool and live in both California and Arizona ... hence necessarily on the road as well :) but mo matter where we are...God is there!!!

bondoboys

MFW First Timers: CTG and LGS

Unread post by bondoboys » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm

We've been home-educating for six years, and for the first time we've had a great first week and I feel like we can conquer a year of learning and growing. God bless you all as you grow your kids up in the Lord.