Books - Optional ECC book Windows on the World

Including using "English From The Roots Up," "God & the History of Art," & Composer Studies
TriciaMR

Books - Optional ECC book Windows on the World

Unread post by TriciaMR » Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 pm

BoyMom wrote:Hi! I think we will be doing CTG next year with my then sixth grader and AHL with my then ninth grader. We have used Window on the World this year. I see that it is listed as an optional resource to use with CTG. Can you tell me how it is used? How much of the book is used in CTG? I assume it is not scheduled since it is optional, but does the TM refer to it so you know when it would fit in? Thank you for any info.!
My (old, 1st edition) TM says it is scheduled as optional prayer times, but a quick perusal, and I didn't see it in the grid. It may be in the daily notes, but I'm not seeing it. Maybe that is improved in the 2nd edition?

Of course, as soon as I said that, I found a time when it was scheduled. Sure enough, it wasn't listed in the grid, but it is shown in the daily notes.
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

Julie in MN

Re: CTG

Unread post by Julie in MN » Thu May 23, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm thinking the book was also an option when discussing different religions. Window had a short explanation of different world religions in the back. Okay, I'm seeing what I'm remembering in week 26 of my manual (which is also an older version).

[Later I went through and found more:] The front of the manual says it will provide optional ideas for learning about/praying for other religions, and then it is an option mentioned in the notes for Egypt, Israel, India, Iraq, and Greece/getting along today.

Just agreeing that it's not used a lot and you'll be fine finishing it up. I think many MFW families will have it on their shelves after using it in ECC, so that's why Marie mentioned how it could be used in CTG?

Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs