EFRU - Needed if learning Latin and Greek?

Including using "English From The Roots Up," "God & the History of Art," & Composer Studies
MelissaB

EFRU - Needed if learning Latin and Greek?

Unread post by MelissaB » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:21 pm

marmaladesorrow wrote:I'm wondering if there are advantages to using EFTRU in CTG and RTR if my children are studying both Latin and Greek as foreign languages?
What a wonderful choice for foreign language! EFTRU provides definitions and sentence examples for foundational Greek & Latin root words. If your dc are already studying Grk/Ltn as a course, i'm not sure if or how much EFTRU would be an additional benefit. You could probably skip it {although the intro. may provide helpful hints on helping your dc memorize words in their Grk/Ltn courses :) }.
Melissa B. (Arkansas)
Girls ages 16 & 13
Completed K, 1st, and Investigate {ECC; CTG; RTR; Expl.-1850; and 1850-Mod. Times}
"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,.." Titus 2:4

mothermayi

Re: EFTRU if learning Latin and Greek?

Unread post by mothermayi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:29 pm

EFTRU, imo, isn't necessary if you are studying Latin and Greek as whole languages. If you want to see the words and play with them a little, someone posted the lists on Spelling City. This way you can have fun with the words without purchasing the book. We are studying Latin, and have found it unnecessary to continue with EFTRU. hth
Returning to MFW for 2015!! :-)
ds13 (8th)--MFW EX1850, EG, WWS, PP Guides, TT 2.0 Pre-Algebra
ds11.5 (7th)--MFW EX1850, AOG, WWS, PP Guides, Singapore 5B-6B
dd7 (2nd)--MFW EX1850, LLFT2, Miquon, AAS1
dd5--MFW K

marmaladesorrow

Re: EFTRU if learning Latin and Greek?

Unread post by marmaladesorrow » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Thank you! I decided to order the flash cards to use more simply, especially since we do a synergy group. I like focusing on some pivotal Greek roots this year and Latin next with Rome so I think it's a good fit for now. Wonderful thoughts. Thank you so much!
♥Count it all joy ~
Mae 11, Viola 9, Jude 7, & Jack 6
2015: RTR & Learning God's Story
2014: CTG & God's Creation A to Z
2011: Adventures
2010: MFW First Grade
2009: MFW K♥