Book Basket - Resources for movies in ctg

Including using "English From The Roots Up," "God & the History of Art," & Composer Studies
joeann

Book Basket - Resources for movies in ctg

Unread post by joeann » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:48 am

Do you have any suggestions for locating movies/videos that are listed for CTG?

I did find one site that is helpful for creation and they are free. It is creationism.org and look under the topic library.

I found out this morning that FamilyPass.com went out of business.
Foster Family Farm in MS
married 11years to wonderful hubby Stephen, blessed mom of 7 children: Caleb(95) Gabrielle(97) Micah(98) Daniel(2000) Noelle(02) Abigail(04) Seth(06)
~A Joyful Heart is good medicine~

Julie in MN

CTG videos

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:06 am

Joeann,
All of the Schlessinger videos were available at our local library, as were most of the other historical videos.

Most of the major Bible figure videos were available through interlibrary loan from other libraries in our state. Some of those arrived late, but as Kelly always says, that's called "review"!

One of them (Abraham) I even asked for as a Christmas gift - another source for videos :o)
Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

kellybell

Unread post by kellybell » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:58 pm

We ONLY use the libraries (public and church) for videos, never online or Blockbuster/Hollywood. We rarely purchase (I did just buy Drive Thru History Rome from Focus on the Family) videos.

Our library has the Schlessinger videos, many Nest videos, and The Way Things Work videos too. They even have some Christian vidoes (the kids are watching a Jurassic Ark one on creation as I type) including Incredible Creatures that Defy Evolution and the popular VeggieTales. They have many Moody videos too.

I haven't been able to find all the MFW recommendations for videos at the library but we've seemed to not suffer at all. I think you could do MFW without TV time at all!
Kelly, wife to Jim since 1988, mom to Jamie (a girl, 1994), Mary (1996), Brian (1998) and Stephanie (2001).