1st grader along in RTR

Including getting a later start using "English From The Roots Up" or "God & the History of Art"
cbollin

1st grader along in RTR

Unread post by cbollin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:56 pm

blessedbyHim wrote:I'm planning ahead and curious if anyone has had a first grader follow along with RtR and get much out of it? Currently he's kindergarten and follows us in ECC. I don't expect much because we do other things just for him so I'm curious how much things will pick up in RtR - as far as level of difficulty, pace, etc. ECC has very easy to tailor to multiple ages...hoping the other programs will be as well! :)

We will be doing other 1st grade level things as well which are not the MFW 1st simply because they are things we already have.

Thanks!
The first time I taught RTR my middle gal was 1st grade. Middle gal focused on her first grade stuff (which in her case was mfw first) and was invited to join in on activities from RTR.

She enjoyed crafts and science in RTR that year, and various activities. art, music, fun stuff, dress up. I think she remembered more from second half of the year than first. There will be things that the first grader will pick up, but you don't have to worry too much if they don't either.

-crystal

TriciaMR

Re: Has your first grader followed along with RtR?

Unread post by TriciaMR » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:57 pm

We're doing RTR with 1st graders here... My boys love the science and Body Book stuff, so they sit in on that. The History is hit or miss with them...

-Trish
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

my3boys

Re: Has your first grader followed along with RtR?

Unread post by my3boys » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 pm

TriciaMR wrote:We're doing RTR with 1st graders here... My boys love the science and Body Book stuff, so they sit in on that. The History is hit or miss with them...

-Trish
This is how it's going with us as well. My first grader loves the models in The Body Book and we use The First Encyclopedia of the Human Body. For history he likes Roman Empire. For Bible I am using a Bible storybook. That's about all he is using out of the RtR package - and it's enough for him.
Alison
Mom to 3 busy boys ages 11, 8, and 6
finished K, First, ECC, and CtG - currently using RtR