Bible - Making the most of this time

Art, Foreign Language, Music, Nature Walks, as well as general ideas and encouragement
lea_lpz

Re: Anyone planning to read the Bible along with child(ren)

Unread post by lea_lpz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Mom2theteam wrote:I didn't end up always in sync with what he was learning, but it was still nice.
At least I'm not the only one. As much as I'd love to stick with a daily reading plan, I'm afraid that when I become overwhelmed with a lot of things to do, this is one of things that tends to get left to the way side, which is ironic, considering that it's then that you most need the Lord's Word.
Mom2theteam wrote:I do my Read through in a year on You Version. I am using the chronological order version of reading through in a year. I admit, I'm "behind" and use the catch up feature a lot. But, I am more consistent than I used to be.
This is the version I am thinking of doing since mfw1st goes through the OT and then NT, but so I get some daily wisdom from Proverbs and Psalms. I'm not too worried about being perfectly aligned with my dd, as she'll really looks like only be reading through selected stories, but would like to have the sense of accomplishment that we both got through our Bibles :-)
MelissaB wrote:For many years, we read a Psalm each morning and a Proverb each night at bedtime.
What a wonderful idea about reading Psalms in the morning and Proverbs at night. I have the You Version app. and am almost done completing my The Essential 100, which took me more than a 100 days, but saw a whole Bible in a year plan with an additional Psalm, so if I do that, I could add in an evening reading of Proverbs to read in the evening corresponding with what day of the month it is.
ds14, dd11,ds9, dd4.5, dd2.5, dd2.5 (yep twins)

lea_lpz

Re: Anyone planning to read the Bible along with child(ren)

Unread post by lea_lpz » Mon May 06, 2013 8:37 am

Just to give you an update, inspired and exited, I was motivated to finish reading 100 Essential Readings from You Version and had about 30 days left until we start 1st so am in between reading 100 descriptions of God for 30 days and then plan to start the Eat this Book plan going through the Old Testament and then the New Teatament with a daily Psalm, and I plan to read a daily Proverb corresponding to the day of the month :). Really excited to accomplish this along side my daughter! Looking through mfw 1stamd preparing I am really excited and am seeing this will be a great year of growth and spiritual reflection.
ds14, dd11,ds9, dd4.5, dd2.5, dd2.5 (yep twins)