Science - Is the Birds/Nests book needed for State Sheets?

Toni@homezcool4us

Science - Is the Birds/Nests book needed for State Sheets?

Unread post by Toni@homezcool4us » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:17 pm

bethben wrote:Does Adventures use the Birds, Nest, and eggs book beyond the science portion? We have already done all the science books they have and will use another science program. I'm just wondering if the birds book is used elsewhere (like in the state sheets?).
Beth
The state cards have the state birds on them.
Blessings!
A proud adoptive mom of 4 children,
~Toni~
I invite you to join me THE WISE WOMAN BUILDS HER HOUSE

southernshae

Unread post by southernshae » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:02 am

Hi,

As far as when you use Birds, Nests, and Eggs, I will say that it is scheduled to coordinate with the state being studied. For instance, when you study Maryland, you will read about the Northern (Baltimore) Oriole. Of course, you only read about the American Robin once although many states have it for the state bird (same with Cardinal, etc.). And, some of the birds in the BN&E book aren't state birds, so they are scheduled at different times. My dc love this book....believe it or not, it's hard to find books that show the birds, the nests, and the eggs.

A truly wonderful (and truly old) book about birds that we found in the non-fiction section in our library is by Marguerite Henry, the same author of the "Misty" fiction series: Birds at Home. The oversized book was gorgeous....I'd highly recommend anyone doing Adventures check to see if their library has this OOP book.
4 dc (3 in ps, 1 dc at home)
MFW1 ...slowly.. with ds
Past user of MFW1, ADV, and ECC