Come Celebrate with US!

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.

Come Celebrate with US!

Unread post by MFW-Marie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Celebrate with us!
My Father's World curriculum is now available K-12.

At our wedding, almost 30 years ago, we sang this hymn:

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not,
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

We are here to testify that this has been and will be forever true. Our Father has been faithful to be with us – in northern Minnesota in a primitive cabin in the woods preparing for missions – in Siberia and Moscow with 6 small children – through trials with physical health – through the largest forest fire in Colorado’s recorded history that came within 1 mile of our house, but didn’t touch us – through each joy and sorrow of life.

We thank Him that My Father’s World curriculum is now available K-12. We almost said the curriculum is now “completed” but we have a sense that curriculum development is never really finished.

We thank our Father God for inspiring us with ideas. When we look at all the books on our warehouse shelves, and think of our own limitations, we can only say “This is God’s work!”

We thank Him for gathering a community of families to work with us on this task. It takes a lot of people to keep MFW running!

We thank Him for faithfully meeting all our needs!

We began writing Kindergarten 20 years ago, never dreaming of all that was ahead. Soon after that, we moved to Russia for eight years. In 2002, after returning to the U.S., we added Exploring Countries and Cultures. Each year after that, we were able to add one more year of curriculum, writing first for our children, and then for the many pilot families that helped refine the program. (A huge thank you to all of you precious pilot families – your faithfulness has benefited many families!) God has blessed our efforts, and now we have a full K-12 program.

Now what? We are not sure! But of this we are sure – God has amazing plans for the future. He is dedicated to building His Body – people who belong to Him, so that we may declare the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His wonderful light. Join us in the greatest life possible – living for our King and His Kingdom.

David and Marie