Be Courageous! - Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

Be Courageous! - Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie »

Most of us know this story – Jesus healing Jairus’s daughter and the woman who suffered for twelve years (Mark 5:21-42). But when I read it recently, I saw something new.

Imagine a huge crowd, people pushing and pressing in everywhere. The crowd is filled with people who are near Jesus, listening to Him and watching what He does. But they miss the best part! They don’t take the next courageous step. Jairus is different. He comes directly to Jesus and pleads earnestly for his daughter who is dying. One woman, with twelve years of suffering, is also different. She touches Jesus with fierce faith - “If I just touch his clothes I will be healed.”

No doubt there were many others in the crowd with huge needs. But only these two are mentioned – the ones who won’t be stopped by what others might think. They know what they want and they know Who to ask.

They come to God the Healer with right motives. “You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives.” (James 4:2a)

They ask passionately, no matter the cost. “Ask and it will be given to you ... Everyone who asks receives ... your Father in heaven give[s] good gifts to those who ask Him!" (Mathew 7:7-11)

Be courageous! Take your greatest need to your Father, who loves to give to all who ask Him!