Silence -- Words to Ponder from Mother Teresa -- Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

Silence -- Words to Ponder from Mother Teresa -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:46 am

“God is the friend of silence. See how nature—trees, flowers, grass—grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence. ... The more we receive in private prayer, the more we can give in our active life. We need silence to be able to touch souls. The essential thing is not what we say, but what God says to us and through us. All our words will be useless unless they come from within—words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.”
  • -- Mother Teresa

When Jesus was on earth, He had such important things to do. So many people needed Him. Yet He often left all that to be alone with His Father. “Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed” (Luke 5:16).

You are surrounded by people who need you. ALL THE TIME! It’s not selfish to take time to recharge and restore. How do you find silence and alone time to feed your soul and be with your Beloved?

kw4blessings

Re: Silence -- Words to Ponder from Mother Teresa -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by kw4blessings » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:56 pm

I find early mornings, before the children wake, is my best chance for silence. It has been a struggle for me over the years. I've always liked the idea of waking before everyone and spending time in silence with the Lord, but making that idea become a reality has been tough. I am doing better now that my youngest is three. The silence of the morning is beautiful.... a great time to commune with the Lord!
Kelly, blessed mama to
sweet girl 10, busy boys 8, 6, 3
Finished K, 1st, Adventures, ECC
2016-17 CTG, K, and All Aboard!