Do You Trust Me? -- Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

Do You Trust Me? -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:21 am

My cat is so silly. I was trying to remove a nasty tic from her face. But she wouldn’t sit still. She resisted and resisted. I couldn’t help her – she ran away! She trusts me, but not enough. Her fear was stronger.

Hmmm … How often does our loving Father want us to just stay put and let Him work in us to remove something nasty?

Do we really want to walk around with a tic on our face? Removing it might hurt at the moment, but the end result is worth it.

Where is God saying to you – to me: Do you really trust Me? What are you afraid of? Do you trust Me more than your fears? Will you let Me transform you?
  • These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us.
    • - 2 Cor 4:17, The Message
Because of Him,
Marie

allgrace

Re: Do You Trust Me? -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by allgrace » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Marie,
I just want to thank you for posting Minutes with Marie. I always enjoy/learn from them even though I don't usually comment. Please keep posting!
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds11:RTR
Dd8:RTR
Dd6: MFW K
Ds 4: VOD
Ds. 2: being very active😜

Marie

Unread post by Marie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I love sharing the things God is teaching me.

Marie

Bandy

Unread post by Bandy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:26 pm

I want to say thank you, also. I so look forward to reading Minutes with Marie. I'm always touched by your messages.

Marie

Unread post by Marie » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Dear BlessedMomof3,
I took a look at your link and it seems that you have concerns about The Message translation. As you may know, we have been involved in Bible translation projects in other countries for many years. We certainly agree that Bibles translated directly from the Greek and Hebrew are far more reliable as a core text for Bible study. I often go back to the original Hebrew or Greek words to better understand passages from the Bible. I sometimes find that paraphrased versions such as The Message have a place too, especially in more devotional times.

I know that we can have a genuine and deep love for the Lord and still see some things differently. Thanks for being a part of our Message Board community!
Marie