God's Kindness -- Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

God's Kindness -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:21 am

Today, I’d like to share about the kindness of God to one of my friends. I’ll let Christy (who works in our office) tell her story:
  • I lost a baby in 2009. It was horrific at the time. My turning point was when God gave me peace that my “mommy” days were not over but just changing. I had no idea what that meant. I assumed it just meant I was going on to the next phase in my “mommy” life of having big kids and doing big kid things. Well, that’s not exactly what He meant.

He meant I was going to go back to work full-time outside the home. He meant I was going to pass the full-time teaching of our littles over to dad. It meant moving 1,000 miles away from family and friends and all I knew for the last 30 years. I’m so glad I didn’t understand what He meant because I would not have been at peace about all the changes He had planned.

My peace came in a vision one day while I was changing a load of laundry. I saw a little toddler looking up at me with love and happiness in her eyes. God promised me a baby girl! He formed her in her bio-mother’s womb and saved her by name for me.

That little girl I saw is growing up in my home right now! The little girl I saw that day is the one our little girl is growing into. I didn’t see the little 6-month old we took in as a foster child 22 months ago. I saw who she is becoming – possibly what she will look like on adoption day in a few days. The baby that we lost and Jesus is holding now will forever be in our hearts. She was named Maddie Rose (after both great grandmothers).

Just recently we had another “God moment.” We were looking at the court order of when to appear before the judge to petition for adoption. On those pages our little one’s second middle name (she currently has two) was written – Rose! Since she has a rather long first name we never paid much attention to her middle names on the original paperwork.

Just another reminder that God is in control of EVERYTHING and He has a plan if we simply listen and follow Him with all our hearts. I love when He allows us to see how much He cares for the “little” things.
    --Christy
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. –-Jeremiah 29:11

Because He is always good, all the time,
Marie

manyblessings

Re: God's Kindness -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by manyblessings » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:59 pm

This brought a tear to my eye because it resonates so close to my heart. I had 3 losses-the most recent was almost a year to the day after our youngest daughter was born. It was devastating, yet God also promised me that I'm not done being a mom. At this point I am not sure if that means another child in some way, or the continued raising of my children who are with me, or reconciliation with my estranged oldest child and his wife. I have sometimes thought that my husband would be freed from having to work his current job to give him less stress for his heart (he has a pacemaker) and to partner with me in teaching our youngest child, or even to take over her teaching at some point while I might work full-time instead of him. This is a hard thought for me because he has more education and earning-power than I do. (He has a MA in Latin American Literature, and I have not yet completed a BA). We also received promises regarding my husband and I being ministers and doing more with music, yet my husband was rejected by our denomination for seminary because of something in his past (which no longer has any bearing on who he is now!), and I have not been able to complete my own studies due to financial constraints. My husband and I are now in a place of seeking God's next steps for us. We feel that may entail moving across the country. We were both drawn separately to MFW as the curriculum to use with our youngest child. Not long after we started, we began supporting a missionary in Malawi. I know God has plans, and little by little He shows us another step, and another blessing. I pray we see the next steps clearly, and that we have peace while we wait for God to bring His plans to pass. I believe we are getting very close to seeing everything fall into place. Thank you so much for sharing your story, it gives me hope.
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA, LGS
2019-2020: ADV