Hard Days -- Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

Hard Days -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:25 am

Some days are just … well, hard! I had one of those days yesterday. I felt like a failure. I needed Jesus to come and give me hope.

This morning He reminded me that He’s not finished. He’s still at work in me. And will be every day of my life here on earth! He promises that He is working in me (and in you) so that our desires and actions align with His good purposes. (Philippians 2:13)

My righteousness, my “goodness,” doesn’t come from what I do. It never will. It “comes from God on the basis of faith.”

“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal …”

He encouraged me not to give up or feel like a failure, but to “press on” – “straining toward what is ahead” – I will “press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward” (Philippians 3:9-14).

He’s at work in me – in you – making diamonds from dust.

Here’s a song to ponder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1ARbpB0gA

A diamond in the rough,
Marie

toddzetta

Re: Hard Days -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by toddzetta » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:39 am

Marie,

Thanks for sharing this. It is a great reminder that God is at work in our lives daily.

Todd
Todd- part time homeschool dad
Began MFW 2010
Currently in CTG with Dd 11 and Dd 9
Ds 3 using MFW toddler program

Poohbee

Re: Hard Days -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Poohbee » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:21 am

Thank you so much for sharing this, Marie! I love it when you share your beautiful heart and what God has been showing you or teaching you in your life. Your message and the Hawk Nelson song were such blessings to me today.

Jen
Jen
happily married to Vince (19 yrs)
blessed by MFW since 2006
have used every year K-1850MOD
2018-2019: Adventures with 9yo boy