God's Will -- Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

God's Will -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:44 am

God’s Will –
I read this story recently and thought it was a great illustration. One we can use for ourselves and for helping our children understand surrender to God’s will.

A friend is talking with a young mother:
  • “Suppose your little Charley should come running to you tomorrow and say, ‘Mother, I have made up my mind to let you have your own way with me from this time forward. I am always going to obey you, and I want you to do just whatever you think best with me. I will trust your love.’ How would you feel toward him? Would you say to yourself, ‘Ah, now I shall have a chance to make Charley miserable. I will take away all his pleasures and fill his life with every hard and disagreeable thing that I can find. I will compel him to do just the things that are the most difficult for him to do and will give him all sorts of impossible commands.’”

“Oh, no, no, no!” exclaimed the indignant mother. “You know I would not. You know I would hug him to my heart and cover him with kisses and would hasten to fill his life with all that was sweetest and best.”

“And are you more tender and more loving than God?” asked her friend.

“Ah, no!” was the reply. “I see my mistake. Of course I must not be any more afraid of saying, ‘Thy will be done,’ to my heavenly Father, than I would want Charley to be of saying it to me.”
Better and sweeter than health or friends or money or fame or ease of prosperity is the adorable will of our God. It gilds the darkest hours with a divine halo and sheds brightest sunshine on the gloomiest paths. (from The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life by Hannah Whitall Smith)

Because He can be trusted,
Marie

manyblessings

Re: God's Will -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by manyblessings » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:59 pm

How very beautiful! Obedience brings blessing, always! “And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the field.-Deuteronomy 28:1-3 ESV Our God is a GOOD Father!
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA, LGS
2019-2020: ADV

joyfulmom

Re: God's Will -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by joyfulmom » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Thank you - I needed to read this today!
Lori

2016-2017 1st, 1850-Mod, Ancient History & Lit, 1877 to present
2015-2016 K, Exp to 1850, US history to 1877
2014-2015 RTR, World History
2013-2014 1st, CTG, Ancient History
2012-2013 K, ECC