Pesky Little Foxes -- Minutes with Marie

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

Pesky Little Foxes -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by Marie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:29 am

Today has been one of those mornings.

I woke up early, drove to my office, and realized I’d forgotten to bring part of my breakfast. (A part I was really looking forward to.)

Then I sat down to write today’s message board post. I spent quite a bit of time writing it, and it was all ready to go. I was about to click submit. But I checked my video link one more time. And wouldn’t you know it, the ad on YouTube (that came on before my video) was totally inappropriate. Oh bother!

Now what? These are little things, but they are frustrating things.

A verse came to mind: “Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin our vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom” (Song of Songs 2:15 NIV). Did you know that foxes come into vineyards and eat the fruit? They won’t uproot the plant; they won’t destroy the branches; but they do eat the fruit. They must be caught.

Our Beloved is the Vine, and we are the branches. Pesky little foxes – worries and fears and frustrations -- can do a lot of damage if we let them roam freely. Those little fruit-eaters can do a lot of damage. We must “take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” 2 Corinthians 10:5 – and catch those foxes before they ruin the fruit.
  • the little foxes … though they are little, they do great mischief, they spoil the vines, which [have] … tender grapes that must be preserved, or the vintage will fail. Believers are as vines, weak but useful plants; their fruits are as tender crops at first, which must have time to come to maturity.

Seize the little foxes, the first risings of sin, …those sins that seem little, for they often prove very dangerous. Whatever we find a hindrance to us in that which is good we must put away.
    (Matthew Henry’s Commentary, blueletterbible.org)
So watch out for those foxes!
Marie

arosemalone

Re: Pesky Little Foxes -- Minutes with Marie

Unread post by arosemalone » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Thank you, Marie, for these devotionals. I just got the Pre-K curriculum, and I enjoy the encouraging devotionals in the TM as well. I know that MFW is really special. One of your staff called me today to ask how our homeschooling is going and to pray for our family. That was really encouraging, and I appreciate it.