Grace (#2)

Bring your cup of tea and enjoy encouragement for your day.
Marie

Grace (#2)

Unread post by Marie »

(Please read the original "Grace" post first; see below.)

Grace and I want to thank you all for the outpouring of love and prayers. We are so blessed to have you as part of this wonderful MFW family that God has given us. I also want to share some more thoughts with you, dear sisters......

As I saw my mom so severely dehydrated last week, I honestly wondered if she was soon to die. Her skin was pale and yellow and had no "color of life" to it. She couldn't stand and could barely move. She could speak, but only weakly, and her thinking was not clear. She did not know how sick she really was.

When we reached the ER, they gave her an IV -- precious water flowing through her veins -- that brought life back to her. Color returned to her cheeks, and even though weak, she could speak clearly. Over the next few days, she was determined to drink as much as she could. She wanted as much as possible of that life-giving water. She realized that the water she received one time in ER wasn't enough. She had to drink and drink and drink each day.

This is a picture of our spirit! God is our life. Those who don't know Him (the Living Water) have no life.in them. Even though they may be think they are O.K., they are not--their thinking is confused and they don't realize the true state of their life.

When we believe in God, He gives our spirit Living Water to drink....the Holy Spirit. Because we have life, we begin to think clearly, and are able to stand. But we must drink deeply day by day -- reading and meditating on and letting the Word fill us -- communing with Jesus, the Living Word as we lie in our bed and as we drive in our cars. Without His constant presence, without Living Water, our spirit becomes "dehydrated" and cannot function as God intends. May we truly understand that God is not "part" of our life, HE IS OUR LIFE! We have NO life apart from Him.

May it be true of each one of us that "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." (Psalm 42:1-2a)

As we drink water today, may the Holy Spirit remind each one of us to drink deeply of the Living Water.

Marie
lisa062797

Unread post by lisa062797 »

I am just reading both of these now. Thank you, Marie, for sharing this. Please know that we are praying for you here. (((Hugs)))
Lisa in MN
Wife to Nick
Mom to
Vincent (11) Completed MFWK, MFW1, ADV, ECC, CtoG, RtR, and currently in EX1850
Andrew (6) Completed MFWK, and currently in 1st
Isaac (4) Currently enjoying MFW preschool toys
RJ's Momma

Unread post by RJ's Momma »

Marie,

I just want to thank you. Your faith shows through so brightly that even my dd (8years old) sees it in the curriculum that you write. She has thanked me to switching to MFW this year many times, because she 'loves to learn about Jesus, and MFW teaches about HIM so much."

We will be praying for your mother and your family.

Again, thanks

Mrs. Meyer
aquak

Unread post by aquak »

Marie,

Thanks for the encouragement to DRINK! I know as a homeschool mom with so much to do all around us, reminders help! We just watched Ben-Hur this week for school and so vividly pictured the living water Christ provided us too.

We are praying for you and your family and want to share this song/blessing with you:

Christ be beside me, Christ be before me,
Christ be behind me, King of my heart.
Christ be within me, Christ be below me,
Christ be above me, never to part.

Christ on my right hand, Christ on my left hand,
Christ all around me, shield in the strife.
Christ in my sleeping, Christ in my sitting,
Christ in my rising, light of my heart.

Christ be in all hearts thinking about me,
Christ be on all tongues telling of me.
Christ be the vision in eyes that see me,
In ears that hear me Christ ever be.
James Quinn, adapt. from St. Patrick's Breastplate, 8th cent.

With love the Q family
Amy married to Steve parents of 5 blessings ds 12,dd 10,dd 8,ds 7,ds 4
taught ECC, CtG, MFWK doing RtR and MFW1
Mom2MnS

Unread post by Mom2MnS »

Hi Marie :) Thank you for these marvelous words from your heart. What a blessing and encouragement! Here is a quote I found recently. It bring a smile to me face and to my heart every time I read it:

If Christ were only a cistern, we might soon exhaust His fullness, but who can drain a fountain? CH Spurgeon

Love to you! Q

(that is, the OTHER person with a 'Q' initial - lol)
WLiC, Quinne

MFW since 2006
ECC (8th, 4th & 2nd) 2015-16
donnagio

Unread post by donnagio »

Thanks to Marie, and to all the posters.. It is so true that He is not a part of life, but that He is Life itself... How true as so many of us have said, that MFW reflects that wisdom by teaching not only the facts of life, but also the Author of life- Life himself... Thank you so much for the heart that you all have for teaching about the Lord. Donna
Donna
Steve's wife
Our children-
F(da 1984)graduated ps,in grad school
M (son 86)graduated ps,working
L(da 1989)graduated homeschool,engaged
and J( son 1996)currently homeschooling
Teaching and Learning CtG- 2nd year with MFW
mom2h

W-w WATER!!!!

Unread post by mom2h »

Marie,

I am going to print this out and slot it into our "W-w Water" Unit Folder to read to my MFW-K'er when we get there. I try to use as many picture-words as I can when teaching Bible concepts...one of them is bound to click! I did the same with your "Sun" post!!

HTH someone else

mom2h