2nd/3rd Supplement - Scheduling it in

SandKsmama

2nd/3rd Supplement - Scheduling it in

Unread post by SandKsmama » Tue May 13, 2008 1:03 pm

Scheduling - Ex1850, 3rd grade supplement, and 1st
LSH in MS wrote:I need help in figuring out how to schedule this. Should I start with the youngest and work up? What can the older ones do while I am working with the youngest? Thanks for advice!
I'm not doing that exact mix, but I AM teaching 3 kids right now, so I can tell you how I do that. I have one doing MFW K, and then 2 doing RTR. (when we first started this year the middle guy wasn't quite done with 1st grade, so I was doing K, 1st, *and* RTR - crazy!) Anyway, I do start with the youngest....here's how my "3 ring circus" looks:

I do MFW K with the youngest. The older 2 work on their independent stuff, which in our house is math and English.

When the youngest is done with MFW K, I send her to play in her room, and I move on to the middle guy, helping him with the rest of his math/English/art, etc. The oldest has more independent work to do - she does Latin, Vocabulary, Art/Music during this time.

Then everyone takes a 5 minute break, and then I do Bible/History/Science with the older two. The younger one usually does a video or computer game during this time.

hth!
Amanda
Amanda, Wife to a great guy since '99, SAHM to 4 fabulous kids! DD(7/96), DS(1/01), DD(8/03), and baby DS (3/09)!
Used MFW K, 1st, ECC, CTG, RTR, Ex1850, and currently using 1850-Modern!

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Tue May 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Lori,

Not sure about all 3 levels. I’m still all nervous about next year when I’ll have 7th and 4th grader and the K kid (the K kid is my autistic one. Eek) What am I going to do???? Well, I get nervous too. I know… a day at a time. We’ll both be ok.

Anyway when I did EX1850 and the supplement I remember some things that seem to help a bit.

*It worked better for us to get done as much as possible with 2nd grader. Then let her go play or whatever for a break. She needed that. Then do just the older history reading with oldest. Then get them back together for science time and/or any other hands on stuff. And we adjusted things through the year as needed.

*I adjusted the supplement grid a bit. It was there to help out on times when there was too much world history in the rest of the day. That way you could just let the younger ones have US history instead of hearing everything. So, I would spread it out sometimes, especially in the early weeks with the read alouds. It took me a bit of time to adjust to doing both, eventually settled on the younger read alouds in the day and older read alouds in the evening. All worked out. But the supplement grid wasn’t super full each week. It is designed as a replacement for longer world history stuff.

-crystal

Julie in MN

Unread post by Julie in MN » Wed May 14, 2008 10:35 am

This thread gives more experience about ways to do 1st alongside an older program. Maybe something in there will be helpful?
http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?t=2713
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

cbollin

2nd/3rd Supplement - Scheduling & fitting it all in

Unread post by cbollin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Debby3 wrote:I just got my box today of 1850-Mod!! Yeah! Next year I will have 7th, 5th and 3rd graders. This past year I used the 2nd grade supplement for my 2nd grader and I usually felt pressed for time to try to fit it all in.

I'm looking at the suggested schedule in the 1850-Mod TM, and again there aren't any suggestions for scheduling the 2nd-3rd grade material. I'm wondering what others of you have done?

I have been following the suggested schedule and then adding the 2nd-3rd grade history after the older kids history. My kids have this idea of wanting to get school done by 1:30-2, so I feel very pressured to get everything done early. I feel like I'll lose them in the afternoon.

This is probably a two-fold question, but I'm looking for guidance so we can work more smoothly next year, being that the work load will probably be heavier. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Hi Debby,
Box day!!! Year 5!!! Yeah!!! Well, this is what worked for me. I had a 6th and 3rd grader in year 5 and then had to run the autistic preschooler all over town. It was a busy year. I was so thankful to be using all of MFW recommendations for language arts and math.

As much as possible we just went down the main grid with a twist.

Bible time – together (it didn’t usually work out to have dh do this the night before. It was in the morning.)

Then 3rd grader got her individual time with me --
- with her history workbook from the supplement grid. (We worked together.)
- Spelling Power
- PLL.
- Sometimes we’d read a bit together – but not read alouds (I’m getting there…)
- Singapore Math.

During that time, oldest –-
did basket, some independent work or deal with the youngest or finally got her breakfast on her own.

Then 3rd grader needed a break. During that break time was when oldest would get her history time from the main grid. 3rd grader didn’t need to hear all of that, so it was a great time to get it done. She’d get a lot of book basket done or go play.

We’d invite 3rd grader to come join us for any hands on stuff that she would enjoy doing as well as notebooking time.

Science with both. 3rd grader mostly done for the day.

Worked with oldest on individual stuff (ILL or WS, SP, she did All in One English on her own) and she did math on her own too.

Read alouds were done at night. My dh did the older read alouds right after supper. And the younger supplement read alouds were done at bed time.

And in your case, will the 7th grader be trying to work more independently on science and some language arts? That might be a time to get some things done with youngers???

Essentially, I got done with 3rd grader as much as possible. Worked with 6th grader. They had some together time. Finished read alouds at night. oh yeah... and took youngest to her stuff. I don't know how we got it done --- God provided.
-crystal

Debby3

Unread post by Debby3 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Crystal,
Thanks so much for schedule! It helps to see how others do things. I like your idea of doing history with the younger first right after Bible. I've been waiting until her seatwork is done and after the older's history. But with doing her history first, the older's can have time to get some of their independent work done. My two oldest already do their math independently. We are using Saxon Math. However, they seem to like to do this after all work is done, which seems to be a problem. Oh, I just had a thought! Perhaps, I can schedule them to get their math done first while I'm doing history with younger. (Sorry, I'm just thinking as I write). I wonder if that will help with the clog befor and after lunch, which is because of math. As I am looking at the printed suggested schedule, it looks like most work done with mom is done in the morning. Maybe I need to save independent work for the afternoon. I've been having the kids do their independent work first. If they choose to slack off or dawdle, everyone else's schedule is thrown off. But if they choose to slack and dawdle in the afternoon, it's their free time they are breaking into. That may be incentive to not dilly dally. Hmmm!
And in your case, will the 7th grader be trying to work more independently on science and some language arts?
Yes, he'll be doing science on his own this year. That will be wonderful!

Thanks for letting me "talk through" my thoughts. I'll have to pray and think through this schedule now a little differently than in the past. The Lord is so kind to give me other's thoughts to help in our home school. I've always tried to work with my youngest first because I've heard this is important for them. However, this helps to tweek it.

Well, I'm off to seek the Lord. Thanks again!!
Debby
Debby
happily married since 1992
mother of 3: ds(12), ds(10), dd(8)
used ECC, CTG, RTR, Ex-1850
Fall '08 1850-MT

SandKsmama

1850MOD, 2nd/3rd grade supplement

Unread post by SandKsmama » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:41 pm

I'll share my schedule - I am teaching a 13 year old 8th grader, 8 year old 4th grader, and 6 year old first grader this year, with an 8 month old thrown into the mix. We are doing 1850-Modern, with the 2/3rd grade supplement. (my first grader joins in with us - she's fairly advanced)

Right now, we start with Bible at 7:45 all together, then from 8-10:30 they work through all their individual subject work. Some of it they do on their own, and while two of them are doing say, math or handwriting, I do spelling with the other one (we use All About Spelling). The 1st grader does Handwriting, math, phonics, spelling, and music practice (each of these is 15 minutes for her), plus she spends 30 minutes playing with the baby. The 4th grader does handwriting, math, reading practice, spelling, grammar, and music practice (all 15 minutes, except math, which is 30 min). The 8th grader does math, grammar, writing/literature, spelling, music practice, logic (not every day), typing (some of these she does later in the day; grammar is 30 minutes, math is 45 minutes, everything else is 15). From 10:30-11:30 we do our MFW History (art/music here too) all together. From 11:30-12, I do MFW Science with the 2 younger ones, and my oldest does her General Science. Then we break for lunch for 45 minutes. After lunch is when we do our read alouds, from about 12:45-1:30. Then the little ones are done, so they go off - the rest of their afternoon is chores, playtime and rest time. My oldest does have a few subjects to finish after that - she sometimes can finish them before lunch - it just depends on how quickly she works or how much is in the lesson that day. Her "done" time is 2:30 on the schedule, but all of those things are independent. I am done with what I do by 1:30. Of course, this is the *ideal* - doesn't always happen that way...some days we start later, or the baby doesn't nap "on time", or things just drag, but in *general*, this is our day. Last year, I did the Ex1850 with the supplement with 7th, 3rd, and K, and we were done by lunch time nearly every day.

Hope it helps!!
Amanda, Wife to a great guy since '99, SAHM to 4 fabulous kids! DD(7/96), DS(1/01), DD(8/03), and baby DS (3/09)!
Used MFW K, 1st, ECC, CTG, RTR, Ex1850, and currently using 1850-Modern!

mnmmomjen

Questions about EX1850

Unread post by mnmmomjen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:43 am

Hello,

I am considering using EX1850 in the fall for my about-to-be 6th, 4th and 1st grade children. Are the 2nd/3rd grade supplemental materials scheduled into the Teacher's Guide, or is there a separate TG that I would purchase? Would these materials be appropriate for a first grader? I also noticed, in another post, a mom referring to additional consumable materials for 2nd/3rd graders to use with this part of the history cycle. Can someone clarify for me how the integration of younger children is planned into the curriculum?

For the SOTW book in this level, has anyone added the workbook or enrichment book that goes along with each level of SOTW? Is that even necessary, as it sounds like there are several enrichment/hands-on projects included in the schedule?

Is it necessary to use MFW LA along with the history? Are they interrelated in any way? I have LA for my older children that seems to be working, but am open to feedback from others who have used MFW LA.

I have used MFW for Kindergarten and just purchased 1st grade after speaking to one of the very helpful moms working the booth at the ICHE convention. I am looking for a way to include all of my children in a study of US History; so far, I like what I am seeing in the product descriptions as well as the posts from moms who use MFW.

Jennifer

Julie in MN

Questions about EX1850

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:02 pm

mnmmomjen wrote:Hello,

I am considering using EX1850 in the fall for my about-to-be 6th, 4th and 1st grade children. Are the 2nd/3rd grade supplemental materials scheduled into the Teacher's Guide, or is there a separate TG that I would purchase? Would these materials be appropriate for a first grader? I also noticed, in another post, a mom referring to additional consumable materials for 2nd/3rd graders to use with this part of the history cycle. Can someone clarify for me how the integration of younger children is planned into the curriculum?

For the SOTW book in this level, has anyone added the workbook or enrichment book that goes along with each level of SOTW? Is that even necessary, as it sounds like there are several enrichment/hands-on projects included in the schedule?

Is it necessary to use MFW LA along with the history? Are they interrelated in any way? I have LA for my older children that seems to be working, but am open to feedback from others who have used MFW LA.

I have used MFW for Kindergarten and just purchased 1st grade after speaking to one of the very helpful moms working the booth at the ICHE convention. I am looking for a way to include all of my children in a study of US History; so far, I like what I am seeing in the product descriptions as well as the posts from moms who use MFW.

Jennifer
Hi Jennifer,
I'll try to cover your ?s but let me know if I leave something out.

1. The 2nd-3rd grid is in the main manual. Have you looked at the samples? See if this link works. Scroll down to page 10, almost the last page, and you'll see the extra little grid for younger kids.
http://www.mfwbooks.com/downloads/pdfs/ ... exp_TM.pdf

2. Then go back to page 9 page on the sample and look at the main grid. The manual will often tell you that something is advanced (such as Bldg. A City on a Hill) and your younger is doing his own thing during that time.

3. MFW only uses the SOTW Activity Book in year 5. I felt there were plenty of activities without it in year 4 -- from cooking to tinfoil boats to the state sheets.

4. Some LA will be embedded in the curriculum, such as writing notebook pages. But as for adding the suggestions on the MFW Language Arts page, that can easily be switched out. You'll have a little more planning, and you should be careful not to duplicate all over the place, but many people do this & it goes just fine.

P.S. For your goal of combining all your children this year, ECC would be another excellent choice. Learning about the world together and praying together is such a wonderful year.
Julie

TrustingHim

Re: Questions about EX1850

Unread post by TrustingHim » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:28 pm

mnmmomjen wrote:Would these materials be appropriate for a first grader? I also noticed, in another post, a mom referring to additional consumable materials for 2nd/3rd graders to use with this part of the history cycle. Can someone clarify for me how the integration of younger children is planned into the curriculum?
They are scheduled in the TG, but they don't really mesh with the other students. I used them with a 1st grader, no problem. However, I had to schedule a separate time apart from the other students.
mnmmomjen wrote:For the SOTW book in this level, has anyone added the workbook or enrichment book that goes along with each level of SOTW?
I didn't use the SOTW activity book. I would wait and see how all the other activities work for your family, then, if you find you need more activities, you could purchase it later.
mnmmomjen wrote:Is it necessary to use MFW LA along with the history? Are they interrelated in any way? I have LA for my older children that seems to be working, but am open to feedback from others who have used MFW LA.
No. We don't use MFW's LA suggestions.
mnmmomjen wrote:I have used MFW for Kindergarten and just purchased 1st grade after speaking to one of the very helpful moms working the booth at the ICHE convention. I am looking for a way to include all of my children in a study of US History; so far, I like what I am seeing in the product descriptions as well as the posts from moms who use MFW.
While the 2nd/3rd grade supplements don't really mesh with the rest of the curriculum, it's still the best way to go. Any other curriculum we used I had to buy two separate programs and try to juggle it all at once. The supplements were just enough to engage my youngest and give her an American History introduction, but I never felt like I was juggling two different programs.

Blessings!
Dorinda
Wife to an exceptional DH for 17 years
Mother to 2 Girls; 14 and 11
Used: EX-1850 & 1850-MOD both with the 2nd/3rd grade go-alongs and ECC with 7th/8th grade go alongs
2014/15: Ex-1850 & AHL
Psalm 118:24

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm

when we did EX1850, almost 5 years ago, I thought the younger supplement went really well with the chronological history being studied. I had a 5th and 2nd grader at the time. I liked how many of the projects in the year 4 manual worked for both my girls. so that's how my middle gal was folded in. I liked how the readings from American Pioneers and Patriots were scheduled to go along with the chronological history my older student was learning. We did Native Americans with younger while older reviewed explorers. So, one of them was doing the who was here already ,and the other was doing "who was showing up to the partee"

then, while studying colonies, that's when APP book was focused on people and children who lived during those times..
Squanto was scheduled when it made sense.
sarah noble was scheduled when it was that time of study in the "big program"
4th of july book, and red/white/blue book -- done while older student is studying details of the Rev. War. parts appear in another time frame -- when it makes sense in that part of the flag history. there's a note in the manual about that...

it's like that kind of blending and integration. They are connected by chronological history.

not every week in EX1850 will you find a full separate history program to juggle, so there are weeks were the younger sections are blank. so that means other stuff in big program will fit more for younger.

Younger students can do the Plan B for Bible -- where they only memorize selections of book of James instead of whole thing. and that worked for us.

no it wasn't 100% perfect each week, but it was close enough and better than juggling 2 manuals or programs. I remember being fearful that it wouldn't work, but it really did. My girls are light years apart (middle gal has some special needs delays) yet, it just really was nice to have them in same stuff like that.

mnmmomjen

Unread post by mnmmomjen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks to all of you for your thorough and thoughful responses to my questions! I really do not want to purchase an additional history program, and would rather tweak something, so I appreciate hearing how others have made this program work for a variety of ages.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

cbollin

1850MOD Scheduling help needed

Unread post by cbollin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Winkie wrote:Hi! I used to be on this board daily when we started with MFW, but it's been a long time now. (with 6 dc life has been busy - go figure!) I'm approaching this coming schoolyear with trepidation. This will be our 8th year with MFW, so I'm familiar with it but each year has its own flavor to it and I'm concerned about the workload for this year. I'll be teaching 7th, 5th, and 2nd in 1850 MOD plus MFWK and 2 preschoolers to keep things interesting ;-)

Oldest is going into 7th grade. That means a step up for him in science, math, and grammar. I think he's supposed to do math and science on his own, but I'm sure he'll need my guidance at the beginning of the year since all 3 programs will be new (for both of us!) So that's a little scary. How much will he really do independently and when will he do it?

2nd grader will be doing the supplement, which says to me "twice the history readings!" How do I fit that all in? I'm also concerned about what to do with him while I'm reading history to the older 2. He's so excited to finally be part of big brothers' school that I can't just tell him "this book is for big brothers, not for you" without hurt feelings. How much of the history portions do the younger ones need to be sheltered from?

I've already taught MFWK 3 times so I know the program, but I got the 2nd edition manual for this year which means it isn't quite as familiar as it used to be. I expect that most of the content is the same but I'm sure I'll see new things and think "Ooo! We never read that book before or we never did that activity" and want to do everything.

I'd appreciate any teaching tips or scheduling suggestions you can give me. Thanks!
hi wendy! (I remember you)

ideas on a few things...

*it's ok to have the 2nd grader around during history time. You can relax and let them have a coloring sheet from the SOTW... or color a timeline piece.... or book basket. It's ok to have them in the same room... you just don't need to make sure they stay around

If you preview a chapter and realize it's a tough one that maybe you don't want them hearing... plan for "this is your book basket time while I read some older stuff." One of my most precious memories of that from 5 years ago came when I didn't see a need for my 3rd grader to listen to communism post WWII.... I instead sent her to book basket about China. She kept coming back in the room... I finally said "tell me what you're learning in book basket' (I figured she just wanted to hang out). "oh.. mommy.... china is a beautiful place with beautiful people and I want to go there some day. can we pray for the Muslims who live in China like we do with our THUMB prayer?"

so.... remember... it's just SOTW that they don't have to do... Bible time will be together.. prayer time together... book basket...

and 2 read alouds. I did one in afternoon and one in evening. sometimes my husband got involved in read alouds too. and sometimes we bundled on the weekends and did several chapters at a time.

Science and math - if possible..... you might work with 7th grader on that, even if the youngers just enjoy a few extra minutes in book basket that first week. 1850MOD doesn't start full blast. If you spend some time helping the 7th grader get used to some of it, that's ok. Module 1 of General is a step up..... check the donna young website for free note taking pages for that module. help them to be ready to study. don't panic on the first test.
Not all children have to use DIVE cd for Saxon 87. It really can be ok if not all students do a full work load the first week in math.

hopefully that will get some ideas started...

-crystal

Julie in MN

Re: 1850MOD Scheduling help needed

Unread post by Julie in MN » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:02 pm

It's been a while for me, but one thing I remember about 1850MOD is the "optional" activities in the Activity Book were often the kinds of things that would appeal to the younger set. My son built an ice castle, kept a little "medical chart" (re: Florence Nightingale), made a red/white yarn bracelet, made Enfield rifle bullet comparisons, etc. So, if you're reading a chapter and it's over some of their heads, they may still look forward to the activity options at the end. I made myself a little tote that year, and kept upcoming supplies in there like cardstock and red yarn.

Also I remember an "extra" we really enjoyed that year was listening to Sgt. York on audiobook, read by Little Bear Wheeler. It really helped make the book memorable, and would take some work off your shoulders. Not sure if Across 5 Aprils is available in audiobook too, but that's a long one so it might be something to look into. It gives a lot of Civil War info that isn't in SOTW, so it's worth the effort.

Oh, and my son did the cooking book with another homeschooler. One week I'd read the info to them, and the next week they'd do all the cooking themselves. Maybe they started reading the book themselves later, too, I can't recall right now. So since you have several kids at home, that might be something they could do while you teach K.

There are several weeks at the beginning where you are learning the states and capitals, and I would think all the kids would enjoy that. Also the music. And even most or all of the Bible - I love the Bible that year.

If you get really over your head, the Apologia science can be done online (free) with the VirtualHomeschoolGroup.

If your oldest son will be doing ECC next year, then the read-aloud about Brother Andrew could be put off if need be. The 7-8th grade ECC package has a great book about Brother Andrew (also available as an audiobook). There are also books about Corrie Ten Boom and Hudson Taylor in high school (though not until 10th grade).

So those are some random memories. I see Crystal has posted, good, she has taught multiple ages like you.
Julie

TriciaMR

Unread post by TriciaMR » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Wendy,

I'll be joining you: 1 7th grader (girl with dyslexia) and 2 3rd graders (boys, one with dyslexia).

Some of my ideas:

On History, my thought was to do the 2nd/3rd grade history first (read aloud, and then there are a couple of books scheduled sometimes). My oldest loves the read alouds scheduled with the 2nd/3rd grade supplement, and so I'm sure she'll want to sit in on those. Then, do anything that doesn't have the square next to it (president sheets, state sheets, and any other readings that are for all ages). Then I was most likely going to have my boys do book basket while I do the history readings with my oldest. I think I was going to look at the STOW activity sheets, and for things like outlines and maps, have them in front of her as we read (I did get the STOW vol 4 on CD) so she can fill them out easier.

I am also planning on working with my oldest on math and science after lunch. My goal is to get everything else done before lunch with my little guys, and then they are free or get to do independent work. My oldest will do her reading, spelling, English, Rosetta Stone, book basket, AWANA verses, and such while I'm working with my boys.

So maybe something like this:

Bible - All together
(Here oldest goes off and works on her "independent stuff")
Spelling with me while other one does Rosetta Stone (then switch)
English with me while other one does math drill (then switch)
Reading with me while other one does hand writing (then switch))
History - start with 2nd/3rd grades stuff. Then boys can do BB, while oldest and I do older stuff.
Science - oldest can sit in or go finish independent stuff
Math - with boys
Art/Music - not 100% sure where we'll squeeze this in. May do music on the way to P.E. class on Wednesdays or something.
Hopefully we're done by lunch with that (and if the older read aloud doesn't have the "advanced" box, then I'll probably read it at lunch, otherwise bedtime). Then after lunch:
Math with oldest
Science with oldest

I'm guessing as the year goes on she'll become more independent. We've done the first 4 lesson in General Science together (I did get her the book on CD so she is following along in the book as she is listening). The boys have joined in watching the experiments. We've done about 7 lessons in Saxon. She's starting to want to read the chapter herself to see if she gets it, and then if not, have me go through it with her.

I might suggest starting Saxon and General Science before the rest of it to see how they do.

-Trish
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

Winkie

Unread post by Winkie » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks so much for the ideas!
cbollin wrote:hi wendy! (I remember you)
-crystal
Hi Crystal! I thought you might - you seem to remember everything MFW-related :-) It's nice to see you're still active here.
cbollin wrote:and 2 read alouds. I did one in afternoon and one in evening
That's a good idea - I can do one at naptime and one at bedtime. I know my younger ones will enjoy the 2nd grade read-alouds too.
Julie in MN wrote: If you get really over your head, the Apologia science can be done online (free) with the VirtualHomeschoolGroup
I'm a sciencey person myself but that's good to know - I'll check it out.
TriciaMR wrote: Art/Music - not 100% sure where we'll squeeze this in. May do music on the way to P.E. class on Wednesdays or something
That's exactly how we've done music for years!
~Wendy
6 boys, 1 girl + 1 long-awaited baby sister
Completed MFW from K to Graduation
2018-19 will use US1, and ECC (for the 3rd time!)

MelissaB

How do you incorporate your 2nd grader into Expl to 1850

Unread post by MelissaB » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:29 pm

klewfor3 wrote:I am looking ahead to our school year next year and was wondering how to schedule our day to include my 2nd grader. I know I will need to order the supplement but I am trying to figure out how it fits in the daily schedule. Do I just work with my youngest when the others are doing their reading/book basket, math drills, and other things?

Thanks,
Kathy
Hi, Kathy,

Could you schedule Tyler and/or Paige to do the 2nd grade lesson with her? History learned in second grade isn't usually retained very long, but the time Brooklyn will spend learning under her older siblings will be treasured for years to come. :)

We're doing 1850-Modern Times this year. Exploration to 1850 was incredible. Enjoy!
Melissa B. (Arkansas)
Girls ages 16 & 13
Completed K, 1st, and Investigate {ECC; CTG; RTR; Expl.-1850; and 1850-Mod. Times}
"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,.." Titus 2:4