Cursive - When does MFW start & misc cursive ?s

Copywork, Cursive, Dictation, Grammar, Handwriting, Letter Writing, Memory Work, Narration, Read-Alouds, Spelling, Vocabulary, & Writing (many of these topics apply to other subjects such as Bible, History, and Science)
LA in Baltimore

Re: ECC-When to start cursive?

Unread post by LA in Baltimore » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I always waited for the summer, when things were much slower and I had a lot more patience!, to teach cursive to each of my children. I tried to make it a special time, just them and me.
For us, it worked out to teach it the summer before third grade.
I didn't require them to use it regularly in their writing until I was sure they were pretty confident on how to make most of the letters. Some needed more practice before we got to that point. One of mine is an avid pen pal writer, so it came much more quickly for her because she was choosing to use it all the time!
Only by His grace,
LA in Baltimore
Currently enjoying Rome to the Reformation
Graduated oldest May 2010, Three more to go!

Julie in MN

Re: ECC-When to start cursive?

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Cyndi (AZ) wrote:Here's hoping Julie chimes in on this thread. Her comments about her ds being allergic to pencils still crack me up! 8[] She's so knowledgeable about teaching boys.
What, Cyndi, you think my son was just kidding about the allergy all this time :~ %|

Most of the public schools around here introduce cursive at the end of 2nd or beginning of 3rd, and during 4th kids are required to write everything in cursive. One of my son's friends had to copy the entire Book of Genesis in cursive over the 4th grade year at Christian school. By 5th or at the latest 6th, cursive becomes optional. That year of all-cursive seems to cement it in their minds.

In MFW, not all of the language arts recommendations are scheduled in the manuals because each of our children will be at different levels, but there is a mention of introducing cursive, I'd have to look it up.

At my house, the pencil has always caused sniffles and big tears, and my ds types most of his work except math (and even those longer practices are done on the marker board). So, at first I tried to just teach my son to "read" cursive. I thought maybe he didn't need to use it because he wanted to type all his life, but really he needed to be able to read a note written in cursive by his boss and not say, "Oh, I was homeschooled and I can't read that!" I tried lots of fun things to teach him to read cursive -- I made little card games and spiral card sets and he traced with marker on a cursive placemat.

But the reading alone just wasn't working.

So I went to a cursive workbook (HWT) and very gently had him writing a few letters in cursive several times a week. That program forced him to use standard technique instead of making up his own way just to get it done - they start with a "magic C" before writing most letters (c, o, a, d, q, etc.). Then in 4th, he did another workbook, a little more regularly. Eventually, he did his Bible verse in cursive, just because that was one of the few things he actually wrote in pencil. I got one of those computer fonts where I could print out the verse in cursive for him to copy. We continued that way through 6th grade or so, and then I just decided it was enough for us. He could read "most" of the letters he got that were written in cursive and could sign his name and write a little something.

When ds went back to printing his Bible verses, my dh requested that we work on his handwriting, so I went back through the basic formation of each letter with him over 8th grade, explaining that his father felt this would be helpful to his future. That's basically what MFW has kids do each year, and for a lot of kids the letter formation instruction cannot be gone over too often. I agree with trying to perfect the printing as far as possible, whether or not you begin cursive this year.

And so it goes, one boy's struggle with the great challenge ... of using a pencil,
Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

jhagberg

At what age do you start teaching cursive?

Unread post by jhagberg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 am

spaldingclan wrote:Does MFW introduce cursive writing at some point? I was just curious when and if some of you have introduced cursive. My dd6 has very neat printing and spends time forming her letters and making them look nice, so I was thinking the next step would be to begin teaching her cursive, but with her still getting a handle on reading I wasn't sure if that is too much too expect right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:-)
Yes, MFW recommends starting cursive in third grade. It is listed in their LA section as Cursive Connections.
Joyce

erin.kate

Re: At what age do you start teaching cursive?

Unread post by erin.kate » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:18 am

My daughter, 7, has beautiful penmanship. She is in first grade with MFW1. I thought about starting her in cursive this year, after Christmas, but then decided to hold off until 2nd grade. I think that third grade is waiting too long for her since she really wants to write in cursive, so I don't want to miss my window when she is most enthusiastic, and she is very ready.

I think waiting until 3rd grade is perfectly fine, too ... all depends on the child and their readiness. Gracie not only forms her letters beautifully, but effortlessly, and that was key for me, too.

Best to you!
♥Count it all joy ~
Mae 11, Viola 9, Jude 7, & Jack 6
2015: RTR
2014: CTG
2011: Adventures
2010: MFW First Grade
2009: MFW K♥

NJCheryl

Unread post by NJCheryl » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:23 am

I think it depends on the child. My daughter started learning in PS in 2nd grade and we continued when I brought her home in third. My son will be in third in Sept. and I know he is not ready so I will probably hold him off until 4th.

Cheryl

carissa

Unread post by carissa » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 am

I purchased Peterson Handwriting's 2nd grade homeschool set for my son. I went ahead and got it because my son needed to stop some bad printing habits before they became more ingrained. Mr. Nelson recommended the transition to cursive happen before they start experimenting with it on their own. This takes advantage of their excitement to learn it, and avoids having to unlearn incorrect cursive habits they've come up with on their own. I suppose that advice would apply no matter what handwriting curriculum you go with. HTH!
Carissa in Michigan
Wife to Steve for 21 years.
Mom to ds Brendan (10), ds Caden (8) and dd Sydney (8).
We've done MFW-K, ADV, public school for 2 years, and now considering ECC :)

baileymom

Unread post by baileymom » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 pm

My DDs both started cursive in public school in 2nd grade. My nephew started in K ... private Christian school, using Abeka. (was very frustrating for my son, who was getting letters from his cousin that was a day older, and they were all in cursive...now they're typed!)

BUT...we're just getting ready to buy MFW's cursive to start this spring (he's 8.5 yrs)...he's very ready.

I kind of feel like age doesn't so much matter...once they have printing down (neatly, without a model, without having to be watched), I'd say it would be OK to start cursive.
Kathi - graduated 1, homeschooling 6, preschooling 2, growing 1

spaldingclan

Unread post by spaldingclan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Thank you all so much. Our local Christian school teaches the children cursive before printing (Abeka) and my oldest dd really struggled with that. I like waiting at this point. My K-er has neat printing, but works hard at it. I'm in no rush to start her, but just was curious what others do.

That was a big help!
Kim
**Stars of Grace Academy**
happily married to dh since 1995
mom to 3 outgoing daughters:
dd1 age 14: Freshman at PS
dd2 age 6 1/2: currently in MFW1, finished MFWK
dd3 age 5: currently in MFWK
http://thislittlehouseschool.blogspot.com

cbollin

Needing pencil grip & cursive suggestions......

Unread post by cbollin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:19 am

Jamie wrote:I'm afraid I've goofed, and have waited way too long.....My 12 yo son has a pencil grip that probably should have been fixed years ago, but I kept letting it go. I guess you could say that his grip is pretty soft, therefore, his writing doesn't have a lot of "pressure" behind it. I've been a little concerned that there could be some sensory issues. I have looked up different finger strengthening exercises that we could be doing, but haven't gotten started on those. Has anyone else had a similar issue with any of their older kiddos? If so, do you have any suggestions?

As far as the cursive handwriting, I took both him and his sister through the cursive book that MFW suggests. They both went all the way through it, but neither of them use cursive as their main writing. My daughter uses it more than my son. I've been trying to encourage my son that someday, when he uses his signature, it would be nice to write it in cursive. I should have taken more time to watch each of them form their cursive letters, etc. so that I could catch anything that wasn't being formed correctly. I do have them do their spelling words in cursive, I've had my son copy things out of his ILL in cursive, & my daughter will just do it on various things.

Any suggestions on how to encourage using cursive more? Should I take them through a cursive program again? I've thought of giving them things to write in cursive, then sit right there so that I can watch, help, and encourage. Any other thoughts?
First things in my mind/experiences with cursive:

They need to be able to sign their names in cursive but not much else in this digital age. Other than that? if you go to the doctor's office they want block print on forms.
Begin to have them sign their names on every assignment in things like math, science, some English. don't worry on the notebooking or copywork.....

My husband didn't do much cursive until he was in high school and realized that cursive looks a lot like my writing when I just print faster and connect the letters without lifting my pencil.

hmm... on the SAT what is the current status on this: is it copy the secrecy pledge in print and only sign your name in cursive, or copy the whole pledge in cursive and sign as well? too much conflicting info on the 'net about that.... and by the time your children take it,... it may be different.

oh, pencil grips - you can buy those very cheap in stores. It's ok to use them for a long time. Or fancier ones.
here are some basics in that instruction
http://www.drawyourworld.com/lessons/ho ... pencil.htm

my teachers hated the way I held pencils.went into panic mode over it. To this day, I'm still embarrassed to write in public. (and people wonder why I don't take notes).

Jamie

Re: Needing pencil grip & cursive suggestions......

Unread post by Jamie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks for your reply, Crystal. I probably need to quit thinking about it so much. I've just wondered if it would help him to want to write more, etc. if he could write faster. I'll have to look up your link.....thank you for that. Blessings!
Jamie
Married to my sweetie for 16.5 years
14 ds, 12 dd, 10 dd, 7 ds, 4 ds, 1.5 dd
MFW K, ECC, CtG, RtR, Ex to 1850, & 14 yo currently in 1850 to Modern

Julie in MN

Re: Needing pencil grip & cursive suggestions......

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:40 am

I figured I wasn't a good one to answer because I'm pretty much like Crystal. I don't hold my pencil correctly, and I don't use cursive at all except to sign my name. But I wanted to add that I write very, very quickly, so speed is possible :)

That said, I did keep running through a cursive book with my son from about 3rd to 5th grades. I just felt that it's so important to be able to "read" cursive, and without writing it I wasn't seeing him remember how to read it.

There are some families on this board who really invest effort into penmanship and it would be interesting for you to hear from them, as well. Maybe I'll get a chance later to dig around the Language Arts archive, if none of them chime in. It does sound possible to teach this skill, but I have not succeeded with my youngest ;)

Julie

Here's one post on achieving neat penmanship http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php ... 794#p76804

4monkeyz

More Cursive Handwriting review pages?

Unread post by 4monkeyz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:47 am

mom2h wrote:We really need to review our cursive since learning it last year. Most of our pages are filled up, though. Anyone have suggestions for finding additional cursive practice pages that match MFW's cursive curriculum?
Thanks!
Rhonda
Hi!
Here are a few places I would check - Donna Young has cursive printables (not sure if the print is too small?) and then someone recommended guesthollow, they have cursive copywork and letters. Also, the handwriting worksheets maker is super nice! I have used that for catechism q/a and also this year for my 1st grader who isn't ready for free-styling her Proverbs copywork. When my oldest was starting to learn print, I printed out from Donna Young the alphabet, then slid the sheets into page protectors. The kids use dry erase markers to practice, then wipe and reuse. Hope that helps!

http://donnayoung.org/penmanship/index.htm (scroll down for the cursive section)

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/p ... ywork.html

http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/fl ... /index.htm
Andrea ~ Christ-Follower, Blessed Wife, Mama of 4
  • Adventures & First 2012
    ECC & K 2013
    CtG, First & K 2014
    RtR & First 2015
    American History detour
    Returning CtG 2019!

gratitude

When to start Cursive Connections?

Unread post by gratitude » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:39 am

kanderson wrote:Just curious when others have started Cursive Connections with their third graders? We are finishing up Week 5 of ECC (after some time off with colds and a stomach virus for all 4 kids- ugh!). DS has decent consistent handwriting so I'm sure he could handle it if we started now. I just didn't know if others had maybe waited until mid year or some other time to start? Any thoughts?
~Kristin
I started cursive mid-year of 2nd grade, with an 8 year old who is at the older end of his grade. Thus, he was just turning 8 1/2 or so.

I will probably start cursive at the beginning of 3rd grade with my second son, who is at the young end of his grade. Or even part way into 3rd. He is in 2nd now.

Julie in MN

Re: When to start Cursive Connections?

Unread post by Julie in MN » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:31 am

Kind of a late reply here...

At the beginning of each manual, there is a little time set aside for handwriting, before some of the other English components have started. I think it even says in the manual that 3rd graders may be ready for cursive at this time.

We started cursive in 3rd at our house, but we did it slowly for 3 years or so.
Julie

robertb10502

Cursive Connections

Unread post by robertb10502 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am

rkmouw wrote:I am wondering if any of the teachers manuals give input as to when to work on cursive handwriting during the week or do we have to schedule it in ourselves? Have any of you used cursive connections as suggested by MFW? If so, what did you think of it?

Thanks!
Katie
I am using it now. I just add it in where ever. So far my son is doing good. I think cursive connections is good just not good for every child. For the next child I need a cursive that will break the strokes down a little better as handwriting has never come easy for him. Also if I remember right MFW sells only book 2.....I found book 1 and started with that. We worked through book 1 and are working on book 2 now.
-Samantha- wife to Robert - mom to Christian, Riley, Eli and Annie.

2012 - 2013 ECC
2011 - 2012 1st and Adventures
2010 - 2011 K and 1st
2010 - 2009 K

rkmouw

Re: Cursive Connections

Unread post by rkmouw » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Thank you for your response! I am still trying to decide whether to use Cursive Connections or Cheerful Cursive - decisions, decisions!
I did see that when they get to ECC, Writing Strands is scheduled under Language Arts 2x/week which they don't use until 4th grade, so maybe I will schedule cursive writing during that time for my daughter next year when she is in 3rd grade.

Katie
Katie
Wife to Ryan, mom to DD9 ECC, DS7 MFW 1st, DD3

Yodergoat

Adding cursive to Adventures?

Unread post by Yodergoat » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:00 pm

My daughter, turning 8 in March and over halfway through Adventures, has been interested in learning cursive for well over a year. She has always had nice handwriting when she tries, but can tend toward sloppiness when in a hurry or if she doesn't care about what she is doing. I have been holding off on cursive until she showed more consistent neatness at all times, whether writing a note to Nana (when she would strive to be neat) or doing her spelling list (when she would usually tend to get hasty and careless). I told her why we were waiting and since then she has been neat and careful most of the time. Last year, when I said she wasn't quite ready to learn cursive yet, she even tried to "invent" her own cursive... it was cute and fancy with lots of curlicues and embellishments.

I ordered "Cheerful Cursive" and it should come in Tuesday. I'm wondering how to schedule this into our school day. Should it be a daily thing? Should she use the cursive she's learning when doing school work?

Just curious how others have handled this.

Thanks!
I'm Shawna...
... a forgiven child of God since 1994 (age 16)
... happily wed to William since 1996
... mother of our long-awaited Gail (3/15/2006)
... missing 6 little ones (4 miscarriages, 2 ectopics)
... starting Rome to the Reformation this fall!

Cyndi (AZ)

Adding cursive to Adventures?

Unread post by Cyndi (AZ) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Yodergoat wrote:My daughter, turning 8 and over halfway through Adventures, has been interested in learning cursive for well over a year. She has always had nice handwriting when she tries, but can tend toward sloppiness when in a hurry or if she doesn't care about what she is doing. I have been holding off on cursive until she showed more consistent neatness at all times, whether writing a note to Nana (when she would strive to be neat) or doing her spelling list (when she would usually tend to get hasty and careless). I told her why we were waiting and since then she has been neat and careful most of the time. Last year, when I said she wasn't quite ready to learn cursive yet, she even tried to "invent" her own cursive... it was cute and fancy with lots of curlicues and embellishments.

I ordered "Cheerful Cursive" and it should come in Tuesday. I'm wondering how to schedule this into our school day. Should it be a daily thing? Should she use the cursive she's learning when doing school work?

Just curious how others have handled this. Thanks!
Hi Shawna :) Yes, I would have her do cursive everyday. Maybe spending two days on each letter. Just follow your curriculum, and only have her spend 10-15 minutes on it at a time. (She's probably going to want to practice on her own afterwards, anyway.) That's how we did it, and it worked out really well. In fact, my dd did it independently, and it worked better - go figure. If you have a glo-doodle or something similar (small whiteboard, etc.), have her practice on that, too.
2018/19: US1877
used MFW from K through WHL

Yodergoat

Re: Adding cursive to Adventures?

Unread post by Yodergoat » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Cyndi (AZ) wrote:] If you have a glo-doodle or something similar (small whiteboard, etc.), have her practice on that, too.
Ooooh, she would love this! :-) She has something or other that glows... can't recall the name but it is dry erase and lights up. Nice idea! It will make it seem less like "work," I am sure.
I'm Shawna...
... a forgiven child of God since 1994 (age 16)
... happily wed to William since 1996
... mother of our long-awaited Gail (3/15/2006)
... missing 6 little ones (4 miscarriages, 2 ectopics)
... starting Rome to the Reformation this fall!

klewfor3

When to make them write in cursive all/most of time?

Unread post by klewfor3 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:31 pm

sarah05 wrote:My son is going into 4th grade and has been working in Cursive Connections for about 5 months (he basically does a page per day)... he has definitely gotten better but he hasn't actually started writing his "regular" work in cursive. He will definitely need to keep doing cursive practice this school year so I plan to add that to our day if needed.

I was just wondering when most parents made their kids begin writing in cursive for other subjects? Did your kids just start doing this on their own.. my son does not seem to have that desire... or did you make them do it sometimes and not others... or when should it replace print (if ever). I am just kinda confused by the whole thing. I mean is writing cursive all the time even the goal.. if not then why did we learn it? It just seems like it will really slow him down and frustrate him if he has to write in cursive all the time, yet I know the only way for it to get easier is for him to have to use it.

How much cursive practice should it take before he has to use it in his other subjects? MFW mentions doing that one book of Cursive Connections in 3rd grade and then as far as I can tell, nothing else is said about it. Do kids really learn it well enough to use it most the time from doing the one book???

Just as FYI- I totally learned cursive in 2nd grade, but I never wrote in it.. I have always written in print because it just came more natural to me and I think it is so much neater and easier to read. I understand it is important to learn so that you can read it in books and if someone else uses it and is good for the brain and allows some people to write quicker and easier.. etc, etc. So I am not saying I don't think it's valid.. I just don't know where to go from here with it.
I am no expert but here is what I did with my son. He did a page a day of the cursive connections in third grade and then I had a cursive chart hung on the wall (I know there is one in the back of the book too).

After he finished the book, I would only have him write the memory verse in cursive. He wasn't very excited about using it but, it was enough to keep him practicing his new skill, early enough in the day so he wasn't tired and would put some effort into it, and short enough that he wouldn't be overwhelmed.

He is going into 5th grade next year (RTR) and I think we'll continue the same pattern. Every once in a while I'll have him write a poem or the "Friday" letter in cursive. I might require a little more this year since he does well with it...but I'll decide as we go.

In my case, I checked with a few friends whose kids were the same age in a local private school (we live In IL). They learned cursive but weren't required to use it for their papers. As long as the students did neat work they were ok either way. That was good enough for me!

Our kids' generation will do a lot more keyboarding than writing it seems anyways. :-)

Kathy
Kathy
Mom of Tyler 13, Paige 10, Brooklyn 9 and Chase 3
God bless us!
We've used:
MFW-K
MFW 1st (both versions)
MFW ADV
ECC
CTG
RTR
Expl-1850
Currently using 1850-Modern Times (2016/2017)

TriciaMR

Re: When to make them write in cursive all/most of time?

Unread post by TriciaMR » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Hmmm... Well, I have twin boys going into 5th grade... One is dyslexic/dysgraphic. He has done a couple of years of cursive (using Handwriting without Tears), but prefers writing in print. Because of his dysgraphia this year we are focusing on getting his printing neat/legible and automatic (using Handwriting without Tears 5th grade print book). The lack of automaticity for this boy makes spelling especially difficult on top of the dyslexia.

My other boy, as soon as he learned how to connect the letters, started writing everything in cursive (and occasionally prints). He is also focusing on neat/legible handwriting this year (again, using Handwriting without Tears, but the 5th grade cursive book). He really likes writing in cursive.

My thoughts are perhaps verse copywork always needs to be in cursive (to keep the practice up), but then he can choose whatever he likes for everything else. I use StartWrite software to type up the verses in cursive so they have a cursive model to copy from. There are also fonts out there you can buy that do cursive so you can make your own copywork sheets.

(I was writing at the same time as Kathy - looks like we had the same idea about the verses being in cursive!)
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

DS4home

Unread post by DS4home » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:31 am

I have a daughter who couldn't wait to write in cursive! Once she learned about half of the letters she started writing her spelling words in cursive. When she got to a letter she didn't know she just printed it then resumed cursive. Her spelling list looked interesting for a while there! ;) I would add that spelling comes easy for her and is not an issue, so this was fun for her. If spelling goes well for your son, maybe you could have him start to do those words in cursive first, then build up to whole sentences with the Bible verse later in the year? If spelling is difficult I wouldn't suggest doing this though. It could just add frustration and not fun.

Dawn
Celebrating our 29th Anniversary <3
Amber(HS Grad, Married), Carmen(HS+Col Grad, Married), Nathan(HS Grad, College), & Bethany(10th).

2019: WHL for the 3rd time!
Completed the MFW cycle: Pre K-yr.5, AHL(pilot), WHL, US Hist.1

AnnieMarie

Unread post by AnnieMarie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:45 pm

My middle daughter has Sensory Processing Disorder which seriously affects her fine motor skills, so ANY writing for her is torturous. The picking up of the pencil after each letter while she is printing just kills her concentration and comprehension of what she is supposed to be writing,not to mention the handwriting itself is atrocious. However, her OT said to teach her cursive to see if that helped and oh my goodness, it did. She now has better concentration while writing, less frustration and amazing comprehension of what she writes. Writing is still not her favorite thing to do but she now does it with the minimum of complaining all because of learning cursive. I still have to make accomodations by getting her typing or dictating but I feel that learning cursive did great things for her. There is something about cursive that works the brain differently than printing does. So I encourage you to keep your child plugging away with his new skills. He may not write cursive all the time but if he does it and sees it on a regular basis it will come more naturally to him. Blessings.
AnnieMarie

DD 14 MFWK-1850Mod 2nd cycle ECC CTG AHL
DD 10 MFWK, MFW1, 1850Mod-RTR
DD 5 MFWK, MFW1 ECC-RTR

sarah05

Unread post by sarah05 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks everyone, I think doing the spelling and memory verses in cursive is a good compromise. I mean he doesn't mind writing cursive (so sorry if I made it sound like that)... I guess I just assume if he has to think about that then it will be more frustrating since he just learned. But I guess we should just try it and see how it goes. I have heard that cursive is actually easier for some students and speeds up their writing. Now that I think about it.. that's what the public school told us.. write in print or cursive as long as it is neat. So I guess once I know he can do it then I will leave it up to him.

4monkeyz

Unread post by 4monkeyz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:47 pm

sarah05 wrote:....I have heard that cursive is actually easier for some students and speeds up their writing.......
This is interesting bcs. I just had this conversation with my 10 year old son about speed!!! He is a bit of a neat ocd handwriting kid so much so that if something isn't perfect he erases and starts all over. This is starting to cause issues when he is in a situation where time is not on his side. For example, at church he either doesn't finish or he has to look off of other kids work to finish his badge work in Cadets. He has voiced frustration at being the last or being embarrassed at not being done when the rest of the kids are. He also wants to take notes in church during the sermon, but is put off by the need for speed. So I just told him that switching to cursive full time might make him go faster!! :)

Love the ideas for implementing cursive in memory work, I fear I haven't been enforcing the cursive.
Andrea ~ Christ-Follower, Blessed Wife, Mama of 4
  • Adventures & First 2012
    ECC & K 2013
    CtG, First & K 2014
    RtR & First 2015
    American History detour
    Returning CtG 2019!