* Voyage of Discovery – A Pre-K Adventure!

Using MFW Preschool & Pre-K Packages, as well as occupying babies and toddlers while teaching
Marie

* Voyage of Discovery – A Pre-K Adventure!

Unread post by Marie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:33 am

I’m excited to announce that our new pre-k daily curriculum, Voyage of Discovery, is about to leave port and head for the open seas!

After all the fun of creating All Aboard the Animal Train, I couldn’t stop! After all, I now have a four-year-old grandson.

God has been faithful to inspire me and keep me going and help me in so many practical ways. We’re not finished yet, so your prayers are appreciated.

A wonderful artist has created the cutest sea animals for us. A sweet coworker has made countless trips to the library, bringing up to 200 books at a time home for me to preview. Pilot families are trying the activities and making them even better. (Thanks to you amazing families! We all owe you a big debt of gratitude.)

Voyage of Discovery is our new year-long pre-k adventure for 4s (and older 3s). In this complete program, children will discover many exciting things about the world in which we live. They’ll gain academic readiness skills with the alphabet and numbers and enjoy read aloud times. They’ll learn about their community – post office, fire station, church, grocery store – and make delightful science discoveries. They’ll develop fine and large motor skills and increase in cognitive skills. Most important, they’ll learn God’s truth and be encouraged to live it in their lives.

The Voyage of Discovery is very flexible and you can begin any time of the year. Lessons are about an hour, four days a week, for 32 weeks. You can easily adapt this if needed, by condensing days or taking two days to teach one day’s lesson.

See our website for information; it’s expected to ship by the end of May.

P.S. If you will be teaching a kindergartner as well, see this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15482

manyblessings

Re: NEW! Voyage of Discovery – A Pre-K Adventure

Unread post by manyblessings » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:59 pm

EEEEEEK I'm so happy to see this-I have been stalking the board and the website for this news :-) Thank you, Marie, for everything you do. I have loved MFW since my oldest kids were little. I did the whole curriculum-hopping thing through the years and now I am thrilled to have another chance to stick with MFW for my youngest daughter, who is 3 and a half. We are enjoying Animal Train so much, and it's nice to know we will have Voyage of Discovery by the time we finish :)
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA
2018-2019 LGS

tiffanys

Unread post by tiffanys » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Now I wish I had a 4 year old to do this with! I'll admit, it took many several years to jump to MFW, but I can't imagine using anything else now. I recommend it to all my friends!
Tiffany
Having a great year with Adventures with my two older boys - 3rd & 1st grades
With the world's chattiest 4 year old boy & his 2 year old sister tagging along

lea_lpz

Unread post by lea_lpz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:27 am

So excited! I was hoping a preschool package for 3/4's would come out soon! I know we'll get some good use of it as in have a 2 year old and newborn twins! Looking forward to using it when my toddler is old enough!
dd: 10, Prairie Primer
ds: 7, mfw 1st
dd: dd3, All Aboard
Dynamic Duet of Destruction twin dds 1

snowyday

Unread post by snowyday » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:29 am

Hi! I have four boys and will have a 7th, 3rd, and 1st grader next year. My youngest son will be turning 5 in late May. I'm reluctant to start him in K next year. He's bright but otherwise is a very wiggly, active boy!! Voyage of Discovery says it is for 4yo and older 3yo. I was wondering if it would be appropriate to use with a young 5yo who needs some extra time before he begins K. Honestly, I just want to enjoy some special time with my last Pre-K child but didn't know if this curriculum would be too young developmentally.
Thanks!

mainemom

MFW & Pre-K

Unread post by mainemom » Sat May 28, 2016 4:49 am

We have a 4yr. old boy and have decided to homeschool him instead of putting him in PS like his 3 much older brothers. After much reading and research, I realized MFW (early grades) has what I was searching for. The curriculum is gentle and fun while providing the academic education I was hoping for. Some parents don't want to use any curriculum until 5 or 6 while others use lots of workbooks or other curriculum and load the academics.

MFW gives enough academics to 'school' but yet in a super fun, gentle way. When I showed my husband the Voyage of Discovery TM (which son calls The Big Orange Book of Fun), and how much he's going to learn while being quick & easy, he asked when can we start? He was so excited that I found what we wanted for! I plan to use MFW for the long haul. If I'm trusting MFW in the early years, why wouldn't I trust them later on too?

Oh, the customer service is absolutely incredible which was also a deciding factor for me in using MFW. I feel like they are my partners in educating my son. A team. I highly recommend MFW.

Poohbee

Re: MFW & Pre-K

Unread post by Poohbee » Mon May 30, 2016 12:00 am

I love what you shared, mainemom! So true! I love that MFW is academically thorough, but it is such a fun and gentle introduction to formal learning. Some of my favorite things about MFW are that it integrates the Bible throughout, is literature-rich and very hands-on, and it allows me to teach my kids together for many subjects. Those are just a few of the things I love!

It's such a blessing for those of us who have been using MFW for a long time to hear about new families who discover MFW and are blessed by it the way we have been. Thanks for sharing! And welcome to homeschooling and to MFW!
Jen
happily married to Vince (19 yrs)
blessed by MFW since 2006
have used every year K-1850MOD
2018-2019: Adventures with 9yo boy

manyblessings

Questions about Pre-K curriculum

Unread post by manyblessings » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 am

arosemalone wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:42 pm
I am considering the Pre-K package for my four-year-old son. How much time does it take per day? I also have a fourth-grader doing ECC.
Hi, we've just finished week 6. I have the deluxe set, and it takes between 1 to 2 hours a day for us, including the playtime outside. Just depends on whether we spend more time outside, or take longer on an indoor activity.

It's been a lot of fun so far. :) In fact, I just started a break because we are getting ready to move at the end of the month, and my 4 year old was very, very disappointed we did not do PreK today!
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA
2018-2019 LGS