Schedule - Preschool and Pre-K wisdom

Using MFW Preschool & Pre-K Packages, as well as occupying babies and toddlers while teaching
manyblessings

Schedule - Preschool and Pre-K wisdom

Unread post by manyblessings » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Following the daily plan works!

A short while back, I started doubling up lessons in AAAT with my 3.5-year- old, because I *thought* she was finishing everything too quickly, and then didn't have anything to keep her occupied afterward (and sometimes she wound up in front of the TV too much or getting into mischief).

I discovered that by doubling up on lessons, we actually lost the beautiful flow of our days, and things got worse instead of better. I got behind in my own chores. I was spending less time with my daughter after school time because I was rushing to catch up on household duties.

So starting tomorrow, I am going back to the schedule as written. I'm beginning to see the wisdom in the schedule, and have decided that when she finishes a day's work, the TV stays off (except for up to one hour in the afternoon). I am challenged to spend even more time involving her in my daily work and just being present with her as she finds things to do, rather than trying to find things to keep her "entertained". Following the schedule as written allows time for that, where as doubling up was making that impossible for me :) I have a newfound appreciation for the daily plan, and have seen firsthand why it's exactly enough as is :-)
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA, LGS
2019-2020: ADV

Julie in MN

Re: Following the daily plan works!

Unread post by Julie in MN » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:14 pm

manyblessings wrote: I am challenged to spend even more time involving her in my daily work and just being present with her as she finds things to do, rather than trying to find things to keep her "entertained".
I love that quote :)

And I love how the preschool and preK programs challenge us to do things like going outdoors or teaching chores to our children.

Enjoy!
Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs