Re: Time to save your favorite posts

This forum will contain information about the message board software. Use this area to ask questions about how to use message board.
Colleen

Unread post by Colleen »

Archiver2 wrote:It's time to save your favorite posts from June.
Does someone from MFW take some of the general board posts and then put them in the "official" archives? You know, like the Exploring Cultures and Countries Archive or the High School Archive.

I have noticed that sometimes in the archives things are condensed a bit so that it still makes sense, but it doesn't have every single post. I just want to make sure that great posts aren't depending on me to get them into the MFW archives! ;)
Colleen in MI
Wife to Dave (for almost 20 years) and Mom of four.
Currently doing:
US History to 1877 with 11th grade girl
Exp to 1850 (2nd time) with girls in 8th & 6th grades
First Grade (4th time) with only boy
Julie - Staff

Unread post by Julie - Staff »

Hi Colleen,
Yes, it's my job to build the archives out of posts that are being taken off the board, you can remain focused on teaching your children :) My Father's World has a commitment to assisting MFW-users via their message board (as well as individualized telephone support).

As you've noticed, though, not all message board posts are saved, and those which are saved are often condensed. The archives are also cleaned out on occasion, in order to remove outdated information and duplications, or to make room for more common or more current questions. Therefore, it's always best to save something that is important to you, just in case.

You make a good point, though, that my monthly post about saving your favorites doesn't really say that any of them will be archived. I think I'll try to improve on that - thanks for the idea :)
Julie
Colleen

Unread post by Colleen »

Thanks MFW & Julie for doing all that. We do appreciate it and use it!
Colleen in MI
Wife to Dave (for almost 20 years) and Mom of four.
Currently doing:
US History to 1877 with 11th grade girl
Exp to 1850 (2nd time) with girls in 8th & 6th grades
First Grade (4th time) with only boy