PP - Errata corrections

Issues specific to teaching 6th to 8th graders, including the transition to Saxon math, Apologia science, Progeny Press guides, and grammar lessons
IdahoGrown

PP - Errata corrections

Unread post by IdahoGrown » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:53 am

Johnny Tremain Question
JulietteAkers wrote:My copy of JT has some problems with print errors. I realize MFW isn't at fault. My copy of Johnny Tremain flubs the story of Johnny's weekend at the Silsbees' harvest. He was dancing with the girls and they were not noticing his burned hand in chapter 5, 'The Boston Observer'. Has anyone used the JT with their 7th grade student who can translate pg 129: "Although in the reel and jigs they danced, every moment a different girl was...cmed to notice." Please don't adjust your monitors, you read that correctly. What is the real quotation from the book?

Regards,
Julie Akers
I recall running into a few problems like that when I got Johnny Tremain from [another homeschool company] a couple years ago. Guess they haven't fixed the problem.

Sorry I don't have my copy anymore or I would help.
Jean
Mom to dd 13 and ds 8
Hs'ing since 2004.
Using Adventures and RtR 2011-2012

Previous cores used: CtG 2010-2011

kcmyworld

Re: Johnny Tremain Question

Unread post by kcmyworld » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 pm

The sentence reads: Although in the reels and jigs they danced, every moment a different girl was clinging to it, none of them seemted to notice.

Robin
CtG, ds 9, dd 8, dd 8 mos