Bible - How much to repeat when cycling through again with younglings

Issues specific to teaching 6th to 8th graders, including the transition to Saxon math, Apologia science, Progeny Press guides, and grammar lessons
Christina

Bible - How much to repeat when cycling through again with y

Unread post by Christina » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 pm

My youngest will be cycling back through MFW. My question is what do I do for bible memorization? He still remembers most of the memory work. Any suggestions for what to do for bible memorization?

Lucy

Unread post by Lucy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi Christina,
How wonderful that your youngest remembers the memory verses. I think you could do several things.

One thing I have done is, since we did not get to use MFW 1 (but I do have a manual), we have been memorizing Proverbs verses which I felt he really needed for some character development.

Another idea would be to simply choose some other passages to memorize. You could of course review the ones he still knows, but choose a few other great passages you would like him to know from the old testament and some other well known and useful Psalms. You may even ask him if there is anything he would like to memorize. I only suggest O.T. and Psalms since that is the focus of next year. I am sure others will give you some ideas too.

Here is a link to other suggestions for 7th/8th graders. Some of this will not apply if you are not using ECC; you may decide to use Top Story for world events though. It would be optional.
http://www.mfwbooks.com/ecc_7-8.htm

Hope this gives you a start.
Lucy
wife to Lee and mom to Twila 18 (girl) and Noel 16(boy). Happy MFW user since 2002.