PP - Choosing Guides, Book Reviews

Issues specific to teaching 6th to 8th graders, including the transition to Saxon math, Apologia science, Progeny Press guides, and grammar lessons
cbollin

PP - Choosing Guides, Book Reviews

Unread post by cbollin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 am

Fly2Peace wrote:Not sure which Progeny Press Literature Guides to get. That could be a convention item to ask about, and look over. We will be doing 1850 to Mod which has "Across Five Aprils" as a read aloud, but that isn't one of the reviewed and selected as most suitable guides offered by MFW. Or, maybe drop back and do the ones recommended for this year, "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and "Johnny Tremain". (Admitting the title of "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" makes me think I will have to pre-read it, as I am not familiar.) Or, drop back another and do "Bronze Bow". Hmmmm. Then the year after is easier, since there are two recommended already for ECC specifically.
Hey F2P,
Progeny Press -- I think that Across Five Aprils should just be "only" read aloud and not necessarily have to do be for extra reading/lit analysis. In a year like RTR, you have so much less historically connected stuff, it's easy to pull a guide for read aloud. But in modern times you have a lot of flexibility.

Blackbird Pond -- is set in the times of Salem Witch trial. We did that PP guide and ended up in a lot of discussion about religion, POLITICS!, and even courtship/dating stuff. I know you a bit off list and in other places, I think you'll be fine in that book and will really enjoy the in your family discussions on it. There are no witches in it -- that's the whole premise of it. Don't get thrown by the title. It's historical fiction. or would that be regional realism? what is that?!?!?!?! I think I know you well enough to say you'll like it. It's lots of religion, politics and even "courtship" and "boys" stuff. .. I'm very glad we did that study. led to lots of good talks during these years.

-crystal

Julie in MN

new ECC questions

Unread post by Julie in MN » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:07 pm

club190 wrote:Talk to me about Progeny Press guides. I've never used them. I'm planning to get "Swiss Family Robinson" but am on the fence about which other one to get. I loved "Anne of Green Gables" and that whole series, but am not sure if it's too girlie for our testosterone laced home. Which other guide would you recommend with this study? Maybe the one for "Island of the Blue Dolphins"? Not really sure on that score, especially since the main character is a girl.
cbollin wrote:Which other one to use with 14 y.o in ECC, and has LD’s and … ok, if it we me, I’d want him to use a book that he will finish, and learn how to have literature analysis, even if it doesn’t 100% match a country being studied. I would look for a book that he might like, even if it doesn’t exactly match ECC themes.

Hmm… have you done Bronze Bow? Or Johnny Tremain? Witch of Blackbird Pond had a nice blend of male/female characters. hm..... I wonder what Julie's son ended up doing.....
Hi, I'm back from convention! Still have laryngitis but otherwise I had loads of fun at convention :)

There's some info about guides in the Archives:
http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2907

In 7th, my son ended up doing:
(1) Maniac Magee -- starting with an "easy" guide was a great choice. It showed my son how a book that looks like a simple series of events can actually be sending messages about more subtle things like prejudice and creating legends. That was exactly my goal.

(2) Carry On, Mr. Bowditch -- my son LOVED the book and did NOT love the guide. What I learned is that PP guides are written by different authors, and getting a personal recommendation (such as the MFW recommendations) is an excellent resource. The Bowditch guide was just too much minutia that he had to go back and look up, and lots of vocab about ships without ever really showing him a visual of what these things looked like (and probably he'll never see the words again).

I'm glad MFW now recommends specific PP guides! The guides have different authors, so they are not all the same. And about Anne, my son enjoyed the movie very much (the 1985 one), and may well have enjoyed the book, but I might have chosen one of the EX1850 guides instead of the Anne guide -- not sure???

Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

cbollin

7th grade ECC literature guide options

Unread post by cbollin » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:54 pm

lisagolightly wrote:This is our first year with MFW. I have three boys, 12, 9 and 7. The 12-year-old reads only under duress. (Painful for a book-loving mom to admit!) He still prefers for me to read to him. My 9-year-old is dyslexic and improving! The 7-year-old is precocious and capable.

My question is this:
I am not sure if doing the Progeny Press guide for Anne of Green Gables would be a good fit for my son. I am not opposed to him reading things with girls as the main character, etc., but doing a full guide on a "girly" book might not exactly draw him to reading! I'd appreciate knowing what anyone else has used during the ECC year!

Thank you,
Lisagolightly
mom to 3 boys

PS I have been reading the posts for the last few weeks, both before and after ordering ECC. It is such a blessing to know what a supportive group we are joining!
Welcome along!

Hoping that Julie in MN might see your thread. I'm not sure what her son did, but she'll have great suggestions for it because she has a son.

One idea is to just use another book from Progeny Press's middle school selection even if it doesn't match the geography/history cycle you are on. The year my oldest daughter was in 7th grade and doing ECC, MFW did not yet have specific recommendations of the PP guides. So, we did 2 books that she was interested in. One of them was a fantasy style book, Redwall. She loved it! Not the "typical" girlie book at all.

Another idea for reluctant reader? Audio books with the print version in front of them.

-crystal

Julie in MN

Re: 7th grade ECC literature guide options

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:56 pm

lisagolightly wrote:I saw a posting which mentioned Maniac Magee. I have never read (or even heard of) it.
Do you think this would be a good book to use?
Thanks,
Lisa
mom to 3 boys
Lisa,
I used Maniac Magee for my 7th grader's first Progeny Press guide. The story isn't classic literature. It's probably a step above Henry Huggins or Encyclopedia Brown, but it's not famous or classic like Tom Sawyer or Treasure Island, so I probably wouldn't "require" it. But I think it's used in Sonlight & a few other homeschool lists. It's a pretty easy read, a simple story about a boy who has friends "on both sides of the tracks" as they say, or from different races, and he basically brings them together.

Another thing to mention is that Maniac runs away from home at the beginning, which might upset some parents. But the Progeny Press guide offsets that by starting out with a discussion of "legends." PP suggests reading some books about popular American legends of literature (Paul Bunyan and the like) and comparing them to the "legend" qualities of Maniac.

What I really liked about doing this guide was that it was a gentle step up for my son, from thinking of stories as just a series of events (this happened, and then this happened), to thinking of literature as having themes and lessons and characterizations and such. It also had him start to compare a book to other things he knows -- from the legends to the Bible. The vocab included words useful to know and helpful in getting more out of the story, and the guide touched on literature techniques like I think this one pointed out hyperbole. I thought this PP guide did a good job of taking my particular son that little step up, without killing his love of the book or making him dislike literature study :~

The other guide he did was Carry On, Mr. Bowditch. He loved the book, which had a lot about Mr. Bowditch's childhood, so it is very easy for boys to get into. But the guide was too much about story details and the vocab was too much on ship details, so I can not recommend that particular PP guide, myself. Maybe someone with a different child loved it?

Julie

lisagolightly

Re: 7th grade ECC literature guide options

Unread post by lisagolightly » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:44 am

Julie,
Thanks for your thoughts on Maniac Magee.
That s what I am going to go with. My son is very literal, and making inferences has been very difficult!
Especially when his 9-year-old dyslexic brother will enter the conversation explaining the meaning
of a passage, even though he was drawing mazes, seemingly clueless as to what we were doing! (Sorry
if that is a run-on sentence!) I think this book sounds like just what we need, for that reason as well as
others.

So we will do Maniac Magee first, and then Swiss Family Robinson as suggested in the ECC TM later.

Thank you,
Lisa

123abcmom

Struggling 7th grader

Unread post by 123abcmom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 pm

faithmom wrote:Ok, I'm trying to make the best decisions I can. Since my goal is independence and study habits, would it be ok to use a PP guide from a slightly lower level for a 7th grader? My guy is a slow reader and I want to move him forward but not get him too bogged down either. He is really sharp, but has difficulty with certain things. We are not really behind, just not proficient at some things.

Anyway, what do you think about the PP guide? We were looking at The Cricket in Times Square and then Witch of Blackbird Pond (which is recommended). Our first choices were Tom Sawyer and Redwall, but I don't know if he would be able to tackle them well. I'm not so concerned about the guide as the reading itself. He has good comprehension, just slow.
Excellent selections for a struggling reader! My daughter did Cricket in Time Square in 7th and Witch of Blackbird Pond early in 8th Grade. The Cricket was a lot of fun and got her started nicely on doing a PP guide. She too is (was) a struggling reader-she made tremendous leaps in 8th grade.

Julie in MN

Re: Struggling 7th grader

Unread post by Julie in MN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:29 pm

I totally agree.

The purpose of the first guide is just to introduce an *idea* -- that we can look at literature beyond the simple series of events. In my mind, the purpose of the first guide has nothing to do with the book, itself. The only thing I'd look at is whether the guide is overly focused on minutia and whether it actually introduces a "literature study" concept.

About Tom Sawyer, my ds (who reads well but doesn't like to read) made great leaps from 7th to 8th grade. He read Tom Sawyer in 8th and enjoyed it very much. You might wait until 8th for Tom and get even more out of it.

Julie

faithmom

Re: Struggling 7th grader

Unread post by faithmom » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for your replies. I feel like I might be on the right path for PP. Hopefully we can pull the rest together as well.
Irene
Married 20 years
ds-13, dd-11, dd-9, ds-7, dd-3, ds-1
Used ECC, CTG, K, 1st
2010-11 Using RTR and 1st

Julie in MN

Progeny Press Study Guides

Unread post by Julie in MN » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Colleen wrote:Does anyone know how MFW chose which Progeny Press Study Guides to offer? I saw on the Progeny Press site that they have over 100. Granted a number of them are too young or too old for the 7th/8th grade that MFW is recommending we use them for. Is there any reason to limit ourselves to the ones MFW recommends if there are others of the right level that we're interested in? My dd has already read four of the five books that MFW lists, so I was considering finding something "new" for her to do with Progeny Press. Any thoughts? (besides avoiding books that are already in the MFW curriculum?)
My impression is that the guides MFW carries are based on (1) relating well to the history year and (2) having been actually done by folks & thought to be good.

The PP guides are all written by different authors, and they vary a bit. We used PP before MFW had a recommendation, and I liked one that we used & didn't like the other. I was very happy to find MFW was giving recommendations after that, so folks could be sure that they were choosing a good one, whenever possible.

However, MFW still says this at the bottom of their PP page:
  • The above choices have been reviewed and selected by MFW as most suitable and they are available from MFW. If these titles do not meet your needs, information about other literature guides are available on the Progeny Press website.
Julie

Colleen

Re: Progeny Press Study Guides

Unread post by Colleen » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks for the info Julie. I was only looking in the print catalog and didn't even see that on the website they have specific guides recommended for specific years. That helps a lot. :-) Thanks again.
Colleen in MI
Wife to Dave (for almost 20 years) and Mom of four.
Currently doing:
US History to 1877 with 11th grade girl
Exp to 1850 (2nd time) with girls in 8th & 6th grades
First Grade (4th time) with only boy

Julie in MN

progeny press

Unread post by Julie in MN » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 am

donutmom wrote:I'm wondering what guides you may have used that you'd recommend or not recommend (beyond what MFW recommends).

I've tried to look up if this question was asked, but I didn't see this specifically. I did see where someone had used 2 different guides--one they liked and one they didn't, but they didn't mention the names. So that's why I thought it would be nice to see what guides you all may or may not have liked. My son has picked out a number of different ones, and it makes me wonder what their guides would be like.

Dee
Dee,
Great question :)

Over on the 7-8th grade archives, you might find some good reading:
http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewforum.php?f=25

I shared (maybe too much!) about the two guides I used:
http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php ... 588#p60054

I hope lots more folks start sharing the guides they would recommend! And, the MFW ones will be ones that folks have tested & liked, as well.

Julie

cbollin

Re: progeny press

Unread post by cbollin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:42 am

I think in some cases titles dont' get mentioned because people have different standards for books.

I used and liked Redwall. I have no problem with that genre.(but it's fantasy genre, and talking animals. and wow.. it clicks with Christian themes. but some people don't do that genre.)

I would not use The Giver in jr. high. too much in that book on topics with euthanasia of old and young, Big brother, utopia failed societies. Too much for 7th grade. I wasn't willing to use that book until my oldest was in 9th grade and even then she didn't like it at all. and of course it's one of those books without a definitive ending. It has 2 very different interpretations to it. yuck.

I used and liked Bridge to Teraibithia. but warning again... That book might be inappropriate for some families. It had the word "damn" in it. And there is death and disobedience and lying and teenagers. not to mention 1970's culture with women's lib and Marlo Thomas and Free to Be Me..... (are you old enough to remember that show as the ABC after school special? I need to cover my gray hairs. My dh and I sang the song to our 7th grader and youtubed it and everything, because they were singing it in the terebiatha book. oh my... our teen just looked at us... you mean that is all y'all had to watch on tv? of course, Marlo Thomas rocks. I mean, she's still raising money for what her father started here in Memphis. after Marie's post on Legacy and all of that... I've started seeing a lot of generational legacy things. but it has nothing to do with progeny press or that book.. )

I also used and really like Witch of Blackbird Pond.

Swiss Family was good.

Bronze Bow? not yet. and didn't do Anne of Green Gables either. next year with middle gal.

so oldest did
Teribithia and Redwall in 7th grade while in ECC.... this was before Marie had official recommendations of course.
Blackbird Pond, and Swiss Family Robinson while in 8th grade in CTG.

Middle gal: starts Blackbird Pond this week...
and will do Johnny Tremain next semester. she's in 7th. and in ex195-
then in 8th, 1850MOD, I have Anne of Green Gables and Bronze Bow on the shelf. may as well use them.

So, if you are more conservative than me (and it doesn't take much to be that), you might prefer sticking with the ones that Marie suggests. She's more sensitive to a wider variety of needs in the Christian community than I am.

-crystal

donutmom

Unread post by donutmom » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks for the links, Julie. I will check them out. I do remember reading your experience. Most of what I had found was the guides people picked to use, but they hadn't used them yet. So it would be very nice to hear the follow-up experiences with them and recommendations. Off to check out the 7th/8th archives.

You make me laugh, Crystal!! . . . good to know about Redwall. That's one from my son's list. Thanks for your experiences. It's exactly the kind of info I"m looking for. Guess I'm taking too long in writing my posts--they are crossing in the "net"!

-Dee

dhudson

Unread post by dhudson » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:42 pm

We liked Tom Sawyer, Across Five Aprils, Swiss Family Robinson and The Hobbitt.

I pre-read the books so I can have a thorough discussion of the books and help my kids deal with any hard or difficult issues.
God Bless,
Dawn
http://www.shiningexamples.blogspot.com
blessed Mom of three - 16, 13 & 13
happy user of MFW since 2002

TurnOurHearts

Unread post by TurnOurHearts » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:32 pm

I've only used one - Amos Fortune, Free Man - but we loved it. Fabulous story, great study. :)

donutmom

Unread post by donutmom » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks for your recommendations. It gives us a great leaping point!

--Dee

s_duguid

Progeny Press choices - EX1850

Unread post by s_duguid » Tue May 01, 2012 8:53 am

We did PP guides with Johnny Tremain and Witch of Blackbird Pond this year. Really great!

-Sue
Sue, married 20 years and mother to 3 (only homeschooling one):
TJ (18), college sophomore
Drew (17), high school senior
Victoria (12) starting 1850-MOD in fall
  • completed Exp_1850, RtR, CtG, ECC, ADV

Colleen

Which Progeny Press lit. guides suggested for 1850 to Mo

Unread post by Colleen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Calicokat7 wrote:Planning here and I''d like to hear which ones other have used. They'll be for my 6th and 8th graders. Thanks!
On the MFWbooks website, there are no specific titles listed for 1850Mod.

My 7th grade daughter used "Number the Stars" (my choice) and is still to do "The Lion the Withch and the Wardrobe" (her choice). I bought them from the Homeschool co-op to get a deal. I like "Number the Stars" for 1850Mod because it is about WWII and the Holocaust, but it isn't too heavy for my sensitive, gentle girl. It is one of the more encouraging stories, because most of the Dutch Jews escaped. Anyhow, I can't really comment on the Progeny Press guide itself because although she has done most of it, I haven't graded it yet! Guess mom still has some school to do!

I let her pick the other guide, since I knew that it would end up being a summer thing.
Colleen in MI
Wife to Dave (for almost 20 years) and Mom of four.
Currently doing:
US History to 1877 with 11th grade girl
Exp to 1850 (2nd time) with girls in 8th & 6th grades
First Grade (4th time) with only boy

AnnieMarie

Re: Which Progeny Press lit. guides suggested for 1850 to Mo

Unread post by AnnieMarie » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 am

We used Farmer Boy because the little sisters were having it read aloud. Since my oldest was listening in anyway I felt that it would be advantageous to do that study.

We also used Across Five Aprils because I wanted her to understand the Civil War a little bit more without being overwhelmed. Both were very good.
AnnieMarie

DD 14 MFWK-1850Mod 2nd cycle ECC CTG AHL
DD 10 MFWK, MFW1, 1850Mod-RTR
DD 5 MFWK, MFW1 ECC-RTR

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:29 am

I'm in the same boat... middle gal is in 1850MOD. I've been pouring over the PP website... titles... I know, I know.. I know....it doesn't have to match the history study. I know... I know... my oldest didn't worry about that stuff b/c she was in 7th/8th before marie made selections and mfw sold stuff..... and it was all good.... in theory... just pick 2 of the MFW tested guides that you didn't otherwise use in 7th grade. don't worry if isn't matching historical fiction... honest... it's ok... but if you want those MFW tested and works guides..

so.... from looking at those titles on PP site for middle school, and might be related to 1850MOD...

anyone have any experience with the book or guides for :
I recently read The Cay. it was listed as wwii era.. didnt' like the book enough to study it.... I wouldn't bother with that one.

Out of the Dust. 1930's oklahoma dust bowl. the synopsis sounds so depressing.... miscarriages, pregnancies, hardships... depression... but the ending and conclusions could be nice. haven't read it... the study sample looks nice quality and is listed as 7th-9th, which tends with PP guides to have a little more, but each guide is sooooooooo different....

update.... I just read Out of the Dust. interesting... in poetic journal form. ends with note of hope and forgiveness.. don't know if the PP guide is good... story was quick read
Out of the Dust can be classified as freestyle poetic story telling. I encourage you to preview this book for suitability before getting the pp guide.
Most of the book is very depressing and very harsh. The character who writes the journal in FREESTYLE verse accidentally causes the death of her mom and unborn baby brother with a horrible accident, that also leaves her with injuries. She also ends up running away and returning. townswomen judge her harshly without knowing the facts and no one offers compassion to a child whose mother has died? really really didn't like this story or plot...
It's very quick read and glad I'm done with it..... quick as in... I zipped to the library during this original thread and read the book the same day and posted (that means I zipped to the library around 8pm on Monday and had it finished before I went to bed at 10 and I'm not that fast of a reader and I value my sleep). I'm still wondering how PP has a 7th-9th grade guide for this book.... :~ it ends with her beginning to try to forgive herself for the accident and almost being able to forgive her dad for leaving a pail of kerosene by the stove in the first place. yes... the samples of the guide talk about the "poetic style"... and how the words play to the senses..
just saying... read the book before you buy the guide. I'm thinking hmmm... PP guides in MFW context are there for taking up plenty of time in English.... might need another guide to meet that part of your time in class.

I don't remember Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry, from my own jr. high or high school days..... that's Mississippi, during Great Depression.....
at library... also got Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry..... (with audio.. so I got that one done too) still not sure all depends on the study guide, you know?

also got Holes by Louis Sachar... sounds like fun adventure... quick read for me once the audio was going.. LOL

Number the Stars was mentioned.... if I recall, that's a book basket title.. so that might work depending on the guide itself (which lists as 5th-7th.... and might be young or not... haven't seen it)

We liked Redwall book and guide. did that one in 7th grade with oldest..

got to love these extreme hot days in this part of the world.... nothing to do but sit in a/c. :)

everyone is different on books and all of that...
-crystal

carlamom2ansnm

Unread post by carlamom2ansnm » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 am

Not here yet, but just thought I'd give a good shot out for Number the Stars. We read that last year for Battle of the Books and my dd's loved it and still mention it. It was definitely a nice, somewhat uplifting (if that's possible) view of the war. Good luck in your search!

Calicokat7

Unread post by Calicokat7 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 am

cbollin wrote:Out of the Dust can be classified as freestyle poetic story telling. I encourage you to preview this book for suitability before getting the pp guide.
Thanks for the heads up on Out of the Dust themes. Hmmm, that does make you think. My daughter is pretty sensitive and I can't imagine her reading that. I do remember enjoying Number the Stars. I'll have to read that again.
1850 to Modern, fall of 2012
dd 13, dd 11, ds 9, and ds 7

MFW 1st Grade, spring 2012
dd 5

cbollin

Unread post by cbollin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am

I'm bumping this back up.....

I went with PP guide for Across Five Aprils. enjoyed it. We did the "interactive pdf" format (instant download) instead of the paper copy of the guide. I didn't require 8th grader to write all answers or type them either. But it was fun to the vocab that way.

We found it doable to use Across Five Aprils PP guide with read aloud and schedule in 1850MOD.
Now granted... uhmm. we used the library's audio cd for read aloud for most of it. I got tired of reading out loud. this was convenient to have 2nd copy of book too.

middle gal enjoyed the interactive pdf version of pp guide.
Because of the set up of this particular guide, it was easy to
Do the vocab exercises independently for 2 chapters at a time (the guide had it as 2 chapters at a time)
Then we read the recall and thinking questions before reading/listening the chapter to know what to really pay attention for.
Then read (uh.. listened to) a chapter then answer the recall questions from that chapter, then other questions from chapter. sometimes it was easy to pause and answer the questions as we came to it.
Do next chapter the next day.

During this time, I did not have her doing Grammar book (applications) or other "language arts". This kept the time and workload expectations reasonable for each day for her abilities.

finished book and guide today on schedule......

We did not do the essays in the guide, or too many extra projects as those were done enough in my opinion in reading from 1850MOD history. also during this time, we got to attend a local Civil War battle reenactment, so... lots of the extra assignments would have been twaddle and seat work that wasn't needed for us.

I liked using this guide. the vocab was good stuff with dictionary and thesaurus skills. I liked that. I liked the questions. I liked the literary terms with definitions and exercises to identify them. I liked the tie in with a few Bible references and thinking points. that didn't feel bashing over the head or anything.

I could see some of the writing things being held off until later for average student, or done at the end of the book for advanced kiddos and done in lieu of an assignment from Writing Strands. There was intro to persuasive essay as well. But I looked at the overall time each day for her ability and didn't see the need to do everything in writing.

I'm glad we used it. very doable and made school not be overwhelming. We learned some new literary terms, reviewed older ones.

If I had younger children listening for read aloud, it might change how I did it, but that wasn't the case in my family.

just thought I"d share the update.

I still do not know what we will do for our 2nd guide next semester. LOL

-crystal

jasntas

Which Progeny Press Study Guide for Exp-1850?

Unread post by jasntas » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:25 pm

mom2h wrote:MFW recommends students in 7th and 8th complete two of the Progeny Press study guides each year. Looking for a recommendation of at least one of the books/guides listed that would go along with our historical timeframe for EXPL-1850.

-Rhonda
Johnny Tremain and The Witch of Blackbird Pond are what is suggested.

I have a very slow (dyslexic) reader and we have used Amos Fortune, which is one of the read alouds, and Sign of the Beaver. My ds has loved Sign of the Beaver. HTH
Tammie - Wife to James for 27 years
Mom to Justin (15) and Carissa (12)
ADV & K 2009-2010 . . . RTR (again) & WHL 2016-2017
http://tammiestime.blogspot.com/
The days of a mother are long but the years are short.

mom2h

Re: Which Progeny Press Study Guide for Exp-1850?

Unread post by mom2h » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks, Tammie. I must have missed the recommendation along the line somewhere. I was pretty much just reading the new catalog.

Also, I forgot to ask, what is involved with using the study guide. Is it a workbook? Vocabulary? Does it require essays? or what exactly?

Rhonda