CTG - Weeks 22 & 23

If you are using Creation to the Greeks, please share your ideas with us.
Marie

CTG - Weeks 22 & 23

Unread post by Marie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:23 pm

Weeks 22 & 23

momatpeace

Save your tabernacle!

Unread post by momatpeace » Tue May 20, 2008 12:43 pm

After we built the tabernacle and used it for Project Share night... it got played with.

This week... #23 it said, "Look at the tabernacle you built." Oops... be sure to save it and not play with it like we did. °Ü° We closed our eyes and used our imaginations. LOL
Jennifer
Wife to Dan
Mom to Tori ~ Mansel ~ Milo ~ Danielle ~ Wayne
Finishing up CTG and loving it!

kstedl

Week 22

Unread post by kstedl » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 pm

We're in week 22, and I have just started adding in some additional things. We have started the Ancient Greece lapbook from Knowledge Box Central. I went through it and have added the topics into my teacher's guide on the appropriate dates. This week we are reading certain sections of D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths, and then filling out the little booklets on some of the gods & goddesses from that book.

I also had purchased the Homeschool in the Woods Old Testament pack. We will be doing a few of those activities throughout the coming weeks...like a booklet on Israel's First Three Kings.

I also found an excellent book from the library, called, "Hands-on History Projects About Ancient Greece" by Marian Broida. She has some neat projects in there that we will do. I used her project on "Mycenaean Writing (Linear B)" to help with the "Who are the Mycenaens" booklet from the lapbook mentioned above. We'll also do the "Black-figure Pottery" project, the "Athenian Ostrakon" project, make Knucklebones, and make jewelry with a Herakles Knot.

Even though you definitely do not need to add a thing to CTG, sometimes it is fun to add some "extras" here and there!
Kris
Loving RTR w/ 4th & 6th grade DD's