Well, if you're already *busy* then why not enjoy your shorter days for a while?!baileymom wrote:OK...for the last few months I've gone to the CTG Ideas board, and there's...NOTHING! And there's not a whole lot of extra history going on since we've been focusing on Saul/David/Solomon.We are on Week #25.
I'm not very creative, busy is my only adjective right now. We've only thrown in a few VeggieTales and coloring pages lately. Just wondering what all you creative moms are adding in?
But if you really *like* extras, I think we touched on a few things at that time in CTG:
(1) Priestly garments -- looking more closely at the significance of each. Here is a page to look at, or you may be able to find a coloring page if your child likes that.
http://www.bible-history.com/tabernacle ... rments.htm
(2) Sometimes I'd add to a specific Bible character I like such as Rahab You can usually find things online at Calvary Chapel or DLTK's Bible Activities, or I may find something around our home to read/do.
(3) We also did a chart of the kings of Judah & Israel, which should be coming up for you. Ds colored one color for bad (most of them!) and another for good, and a few he decided to color both.
(4) My son did a big project of making a King Tut mask somewhere in the latter half of CTG. We considered it review, I guess?!
(5) And then just general extras - ds learned a hymn or two on the piano, we visited the Orchestra & afterwards studied the works we saw, I inquired about spring Feasts that we might visit in the area, review all you've learned this year, take nature walks, field trips...