RTR - Weeks 10 & 11 (including Acts)

If you are using Rome to the Reformation, please share your ideas with us.
Marie

RTR - Weeks 10 & 11 (including Acts)

Unread post by Marie »

Weeks 10 & 11 (including Acts).
mom2-3

Week 10: Bone in vinegar experiment

Unread post by mom2-3 »

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:18 am

We just did the bone in vinegar experiment and we are suppose to let it set until Monday... What exactly should the bones be doing? Or rather the vinegar doing to the bones????

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:01 am
Posted by: cbollin

The vinegar bone thing --- let it sit around for a few days. It will become very soft and bendable. I'm thinking there was an explanation for it in the next week's Body Book lesson. I think I remember we started this experiment on Sunday night (we ate chicken that day and I was getting ready for the week -- hey don't throw that bone away) and it was "ready" by a few days later. I remember this experiment!

Sure hope this is right.... Vinegar, which is an acid, reacts chemically with the bone. It removes the calcium compounds in the bone. If you are worried that if you consume vinegar your bones will dissolve, I think you can relax a bit. You'd have to take off your skin and sit in vinegar for weeks in order for that to happen! Not quite the same thing. :)
MelissaB

CALIGULA site

Unread post by MelissaB »

If you need more on Caligula, this is a good site: http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/caligula.html
Melissa B. (Arkansas)
Girls ages 16 & 13
Completed K, 1st, and Investigate {ECC; CTG; RTR; Expl.-1850; and 1850-Mod. Times}
"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,.." Titus 2:4