Library - MFW reminded me how wonderful it is!

My Father's World uses a Book Basket method to develop a love of learning and enrich all subjects; Independent Reading Time has different goals and methods but there is overlap in book lists and helpful hints
ChristyH

Library - MFW reminded me how wonderful it is!

Unread post by ChristyH » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:27 am

I had forgotten how wonderful the library was. I walked out with a huge box full of books and currents movies for FREE. I don't really even have to store them because they have to be returned. There for they won't be needing shelf space. Did I mention it was free, even the movies? There was so much great stuff.

The book basket aspect of MFW is such a huge plus, because it is unlimited in scope. I found even more great books then the ones listed. Something I do to help myself with extra books from the library is to open two windows in explorer and make one at the library website and one at Amazon. Then I just copy and paste the titles between the sites. Amazon is great for looking at current books and reviews and pictures of the books, while the library makes it all FREE.

For those of us with limited means the library is a God send and fun. Oh, did I mention it was FREE!
Married Scott, 1992
Erin, 13
Connor, 10
Gavin, 10
ECC 2007-2008
CTG 2008-2009
RTR 2009-2010
1850 to modern times 2011

Cyndi (AZ)

Unread post by Cyndi (AZ) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:44 pm

Hi, Christy! Welcome to the library-lovers club! :-) I never imagined that we would use the public library as much as we do. It truly is a God send!

There was a recent fun thread started by kugio, where we all shared what our typical trip to the library looks like!
2018/19: US1877
used MFW from K through WHL

bethben

Unread post by bethben » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:51 pm

I LOVE the library!!!! I've found so much stuff there. I have become a resource for my friends telling them what all they can find. My husband works at a Christian Publishing house and I guess I work against what he's doing when I tell all my friends about all the wonderful books he publishes that they don't have to buy because you can read them for free. I have found ways to get any book I want to read from the library. I've even found leap pad books that can be loaned out! That's fun. There were over 70 titles for the leap pad learning system. FOR FREE!!!

The whole library thing was a big selling point for me. I'm not really wanting a huge home library, but I like having a lot of books around!
Beth

StarrMama

Unread post by StarrMama » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:10 pm

Me too, me too!
My mom and I took our kids to the Central library in Denver today (a five minute drive) for preschool story and craft. My 3, 5 and even 7 year olds love the stories and free craft. Mom helped them with the craft while I and baby searched for Adventures Book Basket books: Columbus, Jamestown, Native Americans, Pocahontas, air, stars and the universe. I checked out close to 30 books and the kids picked 2 movies and 6-8 books each. This is what home school kids need backpacks for! Lol! We have a large open basket next to the tv in the living room for library books only. They have to stay in that room. My oldest has a plastic shoe box for the books she borrowed that she keeps in her bed. She gets to read in bed before she goes to sleep. Three Cheers for Libraries!
~Rose
Wife to Desi. Mama to Hope 8 (ECC), Owen 6(K), Emmaline 4 and Levi 2. Happily serving God in the inner-city of Denver,CO.
www.6starrs.blogspot.com

scmlg

Unread post by scmlg » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:29 pm

I love our library, I've not had trouble finding books at all for MFW.

Just an FYI, I even got Hooked on Phonics that the kids do on the computer. My boys think it's all fun and games, but it's helping to build their vocabularies as well. LOL
Mom to 3 boys. Curtis, 11, Kyle, 9.5, Colton 3 years old. Live in Amish Country, Ohio.

Finished Adventures
Finished ECC
Finished CtoG
Working on R to R and a bit of preschool time

Lucy

Unread post by Lucy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:00 pm

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!!! This was a big selling point for me since the curriculum I came from suggested that you buy them all. We do buy some special ones that become dear to my kids, but it is so great to have the access to them for, what was that wonderful word I kept hearing? Oh yeah, FREE!!

Lucy
wife to Lee and mom to Twila 18 (girl) and Noel 16(boy). Happy MFW user since 2002.

KimR

Unread post by KimR » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:40 pm

FREE is a beautiful word!! We were at our library today and I found they even have Genevieve Foster Books! It seems everytime I go there, or search our library's online site, I discover something new that I didn't know I had access to, all for free!
Kim ~ Wife of Mike; Mother of Matthew (21) and Tyler (12) Currently using RTR <><