Okay, here's my take:byhisgrace wrote:I just received my ECC package and was looking over the book suggestions for the book basket. There are so many to choose from. I noticed that those with an asterik are ones that the Hazells reccomend.
Would you only choose some of the listed books? Are they for the book basket time to enrich what we are already studying?
1. There are a lot of books listed. They don't expect you to find all the books at your library. Use the ones your library has.
2. Start with the starred books as they are especially good. Then, pick a few of the other books, based on their description.
3. Check your own bookshelves at home. Sometimes you'll find a neat article or chapter in a larger book so mark it with a yellow sticky to say "this chapter applies to what we're learning."
4. Don't sweat it if you can't find many books from the list. Use the ones you find and see what else the library has. You might want to preview books that you don't really know much about to make sure they are appropriate.
5. And, if you can't find many books otherwise, print out a few internet articles. Again, read them first.
Have fun. Some weeks the basket will overflow with awesome books and other weeks will be lean with just a few good ones. That's okay.