Pre-K: Voyage of Discovery -- Share Your Experiences

If you have used My Father's World curriculum, please share some of your experiences with us. We would all love to hear your stories -- and it will be especially helpful for new people who are trying to determine if MFW is right for their family or school situation.
Marie

Pre-K: Voyage of Discovery -- Share Your Experiences

Unread post by Marie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:40 am

If you have used Voyage of Discovery, please share some of your experiences with us. We would all love to hear your stories -- and it will be especially helpful for new people who are trying to determine if MFW is right for their family or school situation.

Marie

Re: Pre-K: Voyage of Discovery -- Share Your Experiences

Unread post by Marie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:28 am

We'd like to thank the families in the pilot program who helped us evaluate and improve Voyage of Discovery. Below are some of their comments.

---
You've made it really easy on parents. It's just enough for each day, not too much. My son loves school and is disappointed when it's not a school day. He's been thanking me daily: "Thank you for doing school with me, Momma!" I am super happy with the curriculum.
Katie

---
I really appreciate how mommy friendly the lesson plans are. You are doing something amazing with this program!
I was really surprised with how well my daughter did with the Number Activities. The Sock Throw was really fun for us to play, educational and physically challenging. The Penny Drop was also a fun way to count. All of my kids got involved in the activities and my 2 year old loved the Cotton Ball races.

My daughter absolutely loved making the stop light. It was super cute and gave such a fun exercise to practice obeying the rules. The Command Cards were also a big hit, as well as Follow the Leader. I liked that these activities were all centered on obedience, and yet so very fun for my little one. They were activities that I can see us wanting to play over and over again. I love these kind of activities because it really encourages me to play with my kids.
Tina

---
I like the integration of the Bible stories and character themes with the hands-on activities the children do.
Kimberly

---
Voyage of Discovery has been a great combination of Biblical learning, academic learning, and character education! My son now can identify and write all of the letters, and he has a good foundation of the Bible. The transition from preschool to pre-K was simple for us. I love this program and plan to use it on my younger children as well.
Brooke

---
We have loved the Voyage of Discovery curriculum! It has been such a great fit for our schedule and my son's educational needs. We love the hands-on-learning activities, the educational toys, and the easy-to-follow weekly lesson plan and notes!

The ABC activities are going really well. My son has developed a new interest in finding and talking about letters. He absolutely LOVED getting to use the test tubes and eye dropper this week.
Missy

---
I like the routine this Pre-K is giving our days. My kids really seem to like doing it. We love that each week starts with the treasure hunt of the letter of the week. Very fun. We also love the discovery science time each week!
Jessie

---
The Voyage of Discovery curriculum is so exciting that my son asks to do it even on the weekends! The curriculum perfectly balances discovering the world, developing motor skills, preparing for reading and writing, and learning biblical truths that a child can apply at their own level.
MFW has picked such great educational toys and exciting books! They've taken the work out of homeschooling and left me with all the fun! The educational toys are great but the ideas that MFW adds easily triple their value. My son will play with them over and over as I give directions on all different ways to use them.

Life for a preschooler really is a voyage of discovery. MFW curriculum has captured that wonder and developed it in specific skills and concepts appropriate for their age. The curriculum is easy to follow and it helps me guide my child through concepts that build from simple to more complex over the year. After all, the most exciting and enduring lessons are those you discover yourself.
We love the MFW curriculum! Can you tell?
Elizabeth

buffcrump

First Year Completed

Unread post by buffcrump » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by buffcrump » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:05 pm
We just wrapped up our first year of Homeschooling with My Father’s World using the pre-k 4 and Kindergarten deluxe packages - it was a success! We absolutely loved using this curriculum and look forward to ordering curriculum for next year. I love how each unit focused around a biblical concept; my boys will be forever impacted by each one! The hands on activities were wonderful with 2 very active boys.

I have loved everything about My Father’s World from the display of information, wonderful staff, the ease of using the curriculum for both student and teacher, and the affordability compared to other companies we considered.

Thank you and your staff for all that you do to provide an amazing homeschool experience!

manyblessings

Unread post by manyblessings » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Another outstanding year with MFW! Voyage of Discovery was wonderful. First, I loved going through the Preschooler's Bible from beginning to end, and instilling the importance of reading the whole Bible often, throughout our lives. Second, I loved the positive, easy-to-teach character lessons, which were also easy for my daughter to learn. Third, I loved the gradual progression of skills and complexity in the academic lessons and student sheets. From the start, they helped instill confidence while meeting all necessary Pre-K objectives. Lastly, it was fun! I had the Deluxe kit, so the educational toy package added interest and hands-on learning daily. Thank you, Marie, for helping make this past year so enjoyable! We are continuing on this year with God's Creation from A to Z, and are already off to a great start :)
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA
2018-2019 LGS

GMYERS

Unread post by GMYERS » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:59 pm

We LOVE this pre-K curriculum! I was a little hesitant to purchase since some of the samples seemed maybe too simple for my 4 year old, but decided to try it during the huge winter sale and got the deluxe version. We're almost to week 4 and I am so pleasantly surprised and thankful at how much my daughter loves it and asks for it on the weekends! It's so very rich in all the things taught and a variety each day (not just academic but character building and a constant God-centered theme), that my daughter and I aren't bored at all and it adds such a nice definition to our mornings together with her younger brother tagging along. She has been so proud to make her own bed each morning and asked what else she can help with around the house (yay! WIN!) and asked to play more school games after her afternoon quiet time (using the educational toys and extra cards). We're welcoming another baby in a few short weeks and I know that having the dedicated pre-k time with my oldest will help the transition. THANK YOU!