* Testimonies from Users - Thanks ECC!

4toraise

Thank you

Unread post by 4toraise » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:53 am by 4toraise
I just want to take a moment to thank you, Marie and David, for the large part you have played in making this the best homeschooling year yet. This is our 3rd year and it's the first year I've felt relaxed and on schedule. I know a lot of that is due to the "year 3 confidence level", but it is also due to the wonderful curriculum God has blessed us with.

I started our second semester on time and without the big sigh of tackling school again. We started slowly and are again on track and enjoying the journey. I look forward to finishing on time this year, to not picking up ECC again in August in order to finish the previous year's work but to starting CTG in the beginning of our 2008-2009 school year.

Anyway, that's our MFW story and I'm so happy to be sharing it. :)

amelasky

Thankful

Unread post by amelasky » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Posted Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:34 pm by amelasky
We are finishing up MFW1 and my Adventures kit arrived yesterday! My husband had to laugh at me last night. I climbed up in our bed with my Adventures TM and read and read and read it until I was too tired to stay up any longer. He thought it was too funny that I was so excited about NEXT year that I couldn't WAIT to start planning and dreaming about what we'd be doing.

I am so thankful for the solid educational aspect of MFW, but more importantly, I praise God for the spiritual threads that are woven throughout every aspect of this awesome curriculum. It isn't an add-on or an after-thought. It IS the curriculum itself. It's not forced and doesn't come across as silly or anything like that. I am amazed at how the Hazells have so interwoven Jesus into the lessons that my daughter is learning about him and how important she is to him and it's happening naturally.

I'm not sure if that all makes sense to you or not. But, I just had to share how grateful I am for this company and its wonderful curriculum. NO, that's not it....I'm thankful for the amount of time and prayer that the Hazells have put into this company and their curriculum.

Thank you!
Annie

TammyB

A message to MFW from my 5 yr old daughter....

Unread post by TammyB » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:28 am

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:58 pm by TammyB
This morning my five year daughter said to me, "Mommy, I think we need to send the people at My Father's World a thank-you note for all the books!" I couldn't agree more!

Thank you, MFW, for providing such a wonderfully rich curriculum. My children are growing and thriving, and I couldn't be happier!

Tammy

TommyGirl

Testimonial for MFW

Unread post by TommyGirl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:29 am

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm by TommyGirl
I just want to say how much MFW has blessed our family in so many, many ways! We made the switch two years ago and have used 1st Grade, ADV, and are now using ECC. Each program has been incredible. I have struggled with wondering if we made the right decision and looking at other catalogs, etc. I am one of those who have a hard time not comparing and questioning. However, I am pleased to say that that has finally stopped for me and I know without a doubt that God has led us here and I'm not looking back.

MFW is so God-centered. So what if we miss some of the books in the world? If we are reading God's Word and keeping that as our core, then we cannot possibly be "behind" or be "missing something" integral to our children's education. My children know so much about the people of the world and pray daily, sometimes several times a day, for people groups that I had never heard of before. Would I rather they have read all of the classics or have a heart for the world? When I think of how much they know about people who are so different from themselves, my heart rejoices! God is laying a foundation in their hearts for a lifetime of love, prayer, and service. To my husband and I, no other curriculum can compete with that. I credit MFW for leading us in this direction.

I struggle as well with hands-on things. I am not crafty at all! We have had a hectic year with several unexpected events that has given us less time to school. To be honest, we don't do a lot of the hands-on activities. Or my kids do them by themselves if really interested. The ones we do are very simple and effective and worth the effort. After much guilt, feelings of failure, etc., I have finally found freedom in the truth that it is OKAY IF I DO NOT DO IT ALL! Praise the Lord that we don't have to do it all. He gives us permission and it is okay! I love that MFW works for us with or without the activities.

The design of MFW is far-reaching. I am so thankful for the Hazells who have put so much time, effort, love, prayer, and commitment in putting this together for homeschooling families who want to love and honor the Lord. If that is your desire, then I truly do not think that you can go wrong with this curriculum. I believe it would be almost impossible to use it without fostering a greater love for the Lord in your kids' lives. It has impacted my kids so greatly - not to mention how it has impacted my husband and me. I truly do thank God almost daily for MFW.

So, I could go on and on, I really could. I am so excited about using all of the upcoming programs with our kids. I hope that this encourages someone, but mostly I just wanted to say "thank you" to the Hazells and to all of you women who do take the time to post and answer questions and concerns so lovingly and thoughtfully. It means a lot to me.

Tiffini in IN
(using ECC, have used 1st Grade and ADV)

4Truth

I just witnessed to the plumber thanks to MFW!

Unread post by 4Truth » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:30 am

Posted Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:30 pm by 4Truth
The plumber was here for a leak that we discovered under the kitchen sink, but neither dh nor I had been able to find where the leak was coming from. So this plumber (he's been here before and is aware that we homeschool) was looking for the leak and kept popping his head out, asking questions because the girls and I just happened to be wearing dresses today (though we don't always). He asked about our religion because of the dresses, and the fact that we homeschool. This led into a conversation about different denominations, the history of the Christian church and where those denominations all came from, WHY Jesus was crucified by the Romans, and even a discussion about the movie Ben-Hur. (For those who don't know, Ben-Hur is one of the video recommendations on the Book Basket list in Rome to Reformation. It's a must-see! Especially now at Easter time.) I admitted that prior to studying the history of the Ancient Romans, the time of Jesus, and the early church, I really didn't know what Ben-Hur was about. I remembered having watched it as a child, but only remembered the scene where Charlton Heston was racing the chariot. I had no idea (before MFW) that this movie was about the Gospel!

But as I was explaining all this to the plumber, he just kept asking more questions. WOW! What an opportunity! I was able to share that the key difference between various ones who claim to Christians and those who really ARE Christians is whether Jesus was God and His work on the cross, as well as His Resurrection. (Were the Romans' gods, or Mohammed or Joseph Smith, able to be resurrected after their deaths?) And this guy wasn't contentious at all.... he truly seemed interested.

He was telling me about some of the things he's seen on TV and what did they mean by that, and what about that exhibit they've got going on at Crown Center right now, etc. etc. It was a great conversation. At one point when he stepped out to the van to get a different tool, my 12yo asked me with delight if I had just witnessed to the guy. Yes, I guess so! And it all seemed so natural.... because of what I've learned through the MFW curriculum. Not by my power, but by the Holy Spirit having led us to homeschool, to a particular curriculum, and even to the fact that we were wearing dresses today, which started the whole conversation. (I hadn't worn a dress in over two weeks due to be down with the flu!)

Oh, and the plumber never found the leak, either. It had stopped leaking.

You just never know what the Lord's going to use to open a conversation... so be prepared! :o)

Follow-up - Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:51 am
I just want to share that my post about witnessing to the plumber wasn't meant to sound like bragging. I got to thinking about it later, and realized that it may have sounded that way, but I truly give God the glory for it, and for leading us to the MFW curriculum. It's because of what we've learned through this curriculum that the plumber and I were able to have that conversation... and it was all so natural, not "contrived" or forced in any way. That's what I was so excited about!

To explain what I mean, I'm copying part of Julie's post here from the Choosing Curriculum Archive, with some parts highlighted that especially pertain to my "plumber" experience, and WHY. She worded what I mean so beautifully, and I hope she doesn't mind my using her post: http://board.mfwbooks.com/viewtopic.php?p=29937#29937

It's that biblical worldview (not just some denominational position) that MFW teaches that enabled me to share what I did with the plumber. It's the reason I was convinced to use MFW in the first place, and the reason I can't leave. I thank God for it, and it's a reminder for me to pray diligently for the Hazell family and staff.

Margaret Schrock

Words from a 2nd grader

Unread post by Margaret Schrock » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:30 am

Posted Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:28 pm by Margaret Schrock
We have been having a wonderful time with ECC this year and the sensitive second grader has often said, "I wish everyone in the world would know about Jesus."

dascott

Choosing Curriculum - Prayers Answered

Unread post by dascott » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 am

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:06 pm by dascott
I want to thank everyone again for all the responses as I flipped back and forth as to which curriculum to use. I prayed last night that God would direct me to the one that would be best for my kids next year and I asked for a clear sign, since I seem to keep questioning my decisions. Well, we were doing our work today and my ds (11) asked what we were going to be studying next year. Before I could answer he said that he wanted to study about different countries and do a report on one. My son has never mentioned wanting to study different countries before! I took that as an answer to my prayers and a very clear sign as to using ECC next fall!!

I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders now that a decision has been made. This has also served as a reminder that I need to prayer for God's direction more and rely less on figuring things out myself. I am looking so forward to starting with MFW ECC next year and can't wait for our convention to purchase the curriculum!

Dedra
TammyB wrote:Wonderful! Praise the Lord for clear direction!

It reminds me of a conversation I had with my son about a year and a half ago. We had just finished reading the Usborne book Living Long Ago, which gently introduces a child to the flow of time. In it he learned a bit about ancient civilizations (among many other things). At the time I was really agonizing over curriculum. I was feeling a lot of pressure to begin the ancients with him even though I felt extremely uncomfortable doing so.

At some point I asked him what HE was most interested in learning. He told me, "Mommy, I want to study all of our states, and then I want to study the countries of the world, and then I will be ready to study the Egyptians and the Romans."

He has not wavered from that plan. :)

This year we are doing Adventures. When we finish, we will move on to ECC. Then we will head to CtG. Love the plan!

It is just so funny to me that at six he had such a clear idea of what he wanted. It is also funny that at eight he still wants the same thing. (He had no idea of the MFW scope and sequence.) Blessings to you!

Teresa in TX

ECC testimonial

Unread post by Teresa in TX » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 pm by Teresa in TX
Okay. I said earlier this week that I had been having some discouragement the last few weeks, etc. etc.

Well, we are doing our evaluations for ECC today. I gave my kids the maps of each continent and had them label them. My 12yo dd missed 4 of the 100 countries. She was able to label almost all of the oceans, and many of the capitals. She was able to label every "state" in Australia and all the bodies of water. She had added a lot to that particular gameboard due to the easiness of just having to know New Guinea, Australia & New Zealand.

My 10yo son missed about 15 of the 100, but he knew so many capitals of these countries that I was really surprised. He also knew all the things about Australia that my dd did. I haven't finished our evaluation, but it really showed me just how much they learned through our playing that game twice a week, sometimes not playing the game at all on a few weeks. Wow! They are remembering some things I hadn't expected them to remember. Yes, we are on the right track using this curriculum. I'm just surprised how much easier it was for them to learn this way.

Teresa

BostonMom

Happy results!

Unread post by BostonMom » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:51 am by BostonMom
Hi--We just did our evaluations today (3rd grade twins), and I had the same happy result! I honestly could not believe how much they remembered!! Then I showed them their pre-test that they took at the beginning of the year with the same maps. They couldn't believe it either!! What a wonderful reassurance of this program! Can't wait to start CTG!

donnagio

Keeping it going

Unread post by donnagio » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:28 am

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:19 pm by donnagio
I just wanted to add to the good reviews of the ywam books. One example is the George Muller book. My son and I enjoyed reading it. In church we are considering a property to buy. He brought up (in the small children's prayer group Wednesday night) the story about the property for the orphanage, and how God answered GM's prayers. He said we should do what George Muller did and pray, pray pray! Then he prayed(: But that just says so much to me- how he put into practice the example of this Godly man. He is considering dressing up as George Muller, Nate Saint or Jim Elliot for the History/project fair night of our homeschooler support group. That is one reason why I homeschool(:

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 am
Hi all,
One great thing about homeschooling is that we do not really have to leave ECC behind(: We can revisit it whenever something comes up in our lessons, or in our lives. We can review it when learning the history of the country and so on, even if we do have to "return home" from our trip around the world. We can also keep it going by continuing to pray for those around the world in the Windows on the World book, church missionaries, news stories, and when studying the history, pray for those living in the country/area now.. I am finishing up and looking forward to CTG.
Donna

4Truth

Our garden

Unread post by 4Truth » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:55 pm by 4Truth
MFW is like a garden... it takes time to see the fruit. The fruit is definitely being planted and nurtured along the way, more than we realize. But it's there because roots grow deeper than we can see on the surface from day to day. Then all of a sudden, you wake up one morning and look out the window and you have this beautiful, lavish garden....

Lainie

Our Last Experiment and thank you to all of you

Unread post by Lainie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:33 am

Posted Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:31 am by Lainie
Hey all! We did it!! We are done! It's been an awesome year. Thank you to all the faithful MB people! Thanks for the tips, encouragement, love, prayers and answers to the endless questions by all us newbies!

I posted about our last experiment on my blog and totally forgot to post it here (hee hee). I modified it for us MFWers. I hope it encourages you to continue to insulate your kids in the love of Jesus. David Hazell's CD titled, "Exposed, Isolated, or Insulated" inspired this.

Have a great summer and I hope to order CTG really soon. I'll be back!!!
  • We did our last experiment in ECC for Antarctica. It's the one about penguin fat! Yea! The demo was to show the kids just how much the layer of fat protects the penguins from the icy waters of the Antarctic. I'll explain for those not in ECC. We placed the kids' right hand in an ordinary Ziploc bag. Then we place their left hand into a doubled up bag with a layer of Crisco in between. We molded the Crisco to form a mitten around their hand.
    Then they plunged their hands into very icy water.

The experiment sounds totally simplistic. But I have to tell you, the temperature difference between hands was startling. The left hand felt actually warm and cozy while the right hand quickly turned red and bone cold.

As ds had his hands in the water (we all took turns) it occurred to me that the Holy Spirit does this for us.
    With Jesus, we are protected from the harsh realities of the world. We can be in the world but not of the world.
    We didn't tape the Crisco mitten on our hands. We had to choose to keep it inside.
    Jesus lets us choose too. We have the free will to slip our hand out of it's protective mitten and plunge it into the icy waters. It's up to us. I've plunged in enough to know I don't like it in there. My heart desires to stay nice and toasty in the covering and protection of His everlasting arms.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

TracyLee01026

We're so excited (messages from a 9 and 12 yo)

Unread post by TracyLee01026 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:33 am

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:29 pm
**My kids saw me reading the posts and wanted to write to you all. Last night they were fighting over Window on the World. A friend gave me a copy a couple of years ago. They weren't even interested in watching I Dream of Jeannie! The funny thing is, I was up until 1 am reading it myself!**
Tracy
  • I'm so excited, that I don't want to have summer vacation. I'm gonna do school from my father's world ECC! It has things from all around the world that I really want to learn about. I love to learn about around the world and what language they speak. I love to cook, do crafts, read, sing, and learn.~Age 9.

Shalom! I'm pretty excited about homeschooling this year with MFW ECC. The most exciting things about it is reading biographies, history, geography, foreign language, world facts, and maps. Oyveh! I can't wait! laheetrahowt*! ~Age 12.
    * the Hebrew word for (see you again)

dascott

First week of ECC

Unread post by dascott » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:40 pm

We have finished our first week of ECC and we had A GREAT WEEK, much better than any of our weeks last year (we were using a different curriculum). We were finished by noon and both my kids were very cooperative. There seemed to be just enough information without being too much. I thought my ds - 7th grade - would think the coloring sheets with the Bible verses from different countries would be too young for him, but I was wrong. He did them and enjoyed it!

We have not started Foreign Language or Spelling yet, but I think easing into the year was definately a plus. We also haven't started going to co-op once a week yet, that starts on Sept. 4. I don't think we will have too much trouble fitting everything for the week into 4 days. We have not been able to do the orange experiment, but I plan to next week. We were in an accident, and the van is in the shop. We were all ok and, even with the wreck, had a good week thanks to My Father's World!

I hope everyone else had or will have as good a first week as we did. I pray the weeks continue to be this good and I am sure they will. I feel so blessed to have found this curriculum.

Posted Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:16 am by dascott
We just finished Day 2 of Week 2 in ECC. We had an amazing morning! We had some things come up, so we did individual work first and saved Bible reading and Window on the World Reading until the end of the day. It was the best day we have had in terms of discussion. We read about the Tower of Babel which opened up the discussion of why God wanted to do this, which lead to how we tend to pray more and harder when things aren't going great in our lives and how God is in control at all times and we need to praise God and continue to pray when things are going great and not to start thinking we did it on our own. Then we read about Buddhism and I was amazed at the questions the kids asked. We were able to discuss their religion, our religion and how important it is to witness to those with different beliefs and how important it is not to just think they are crazy for their beliefs but that some of them have never been taught any different. What I thought was a disruption in our schedule, God used in a great way. I believe the kids talked more because we were done with the other work and they weren't focused on what they had to do next. Maybe we will try this schedule for awhile!

We did get all of our work done in a timely manner this morning, but if we did nothing else but Bible and Window on the World Reading I would have considered today a GREAT SUCCESS! I am so glad that God lead me to this curriculum and that I listened! This is one of those days that remind me why I started homeschooling last year! I am sure that everyday won't be this great, but I will try to remind myself of today when I have those "Why did I think I could homeschool" days:0).

Dedra

lisa062797

Loving ECC!

Unread post by lisa062797 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:54 am

We have completed our first week of ECC. We are taking this week off to get ready for our moving sale, but will start again next week on week 2. I have actually *missed* not doing school this week, and I'm pretty sure Vincent has, too. I have been able to get most of the book basket books for weeks 1 and 2, and he has been reading those during our week off. He also is at the world wall map A LOT, and is always asking questions about different places. On his own, he will associate different things while we watch the Olympics. For example, when he sees a country he recognizes, he'll get excited and go try and find it on the map. One time he saw a flag for either North or South Korea, and he recognized it from our John 3:16 coloring page for that country, before the name of the country was even mentioned. It is so awesome to see him so excited to be learning all this stuff! And this is only the first week...I can't wait to watch the rest of the year unfold!
Lisa in MN
Wife to Nick
Mom to
Vincent (11) Completed MFWK, MFW1, ADV, ECC, CtoG, RtR, and currently in EX1850
Andrew (6) Completed MFWK, and currently in 1st
Isaac (4) Currently enjoying MFW preschool toys

lisa062797

Our wonderful week in ECC

Unread post by lisa062797 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:05 pm

We are in week 3 in ECC and loving every minute of it! I get the double pleasure of teaching PLUS watching my son enjoy it as much as I am! Vincent is really surprising me with how well he is doing the geography packet, how much he can do without my help. And he actually *likes* to do it! Yesterday, we picked sand painting for art, and he said "This is the best thing EVER!!! Thanks, Mom!" He is quickly becoming a map guru and is spotting things to talk about outside of school in everyday life that even I miss. I love seeing how this is already spilling over into our lives. And today we (finally) are making the globe cake we were supposed to make last week. Vincent did most of the making, and it's made me realize I *really* need to have him helping in the kitchen more. Vincent is really flourishing this year, and the curriculum is bringing out things I wasn't sure he was ready for yet...turns out he is more than ready!

Oh, and my 2 yo loves it, too. Every day when we sit at the table to do school, Andrew runs over and sits down, too, and asks for his colored pencils and paper. Sometimes he even repeats some of the stuff he hears, if it appeals to him. :-)

I am one happy mamma! (Now, if I can only get the baby's schedule coordinated better around school...)
Lisa in MN
Wife to Nick
Mom to

Sheena IA

Unread post by Sheena IA » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 pm

We are loving it too:)

Tonight Sara was watching the RNC convention with us and she heard different countries mentioned during speeches. She asked where Afghanistan and Iraq were, so went to the map and found them. ECC is really opening up their minds to the rest of the world out there.

On a side note... my girls both love PLL and ILL so far and were asking to do it today. I'm really loving MFW:) :) It's an answer to prayer.
Sheena Mom to Sabrina-10, Sara-9, Ashlyn-7
Creation to Greeks

John 10:10

lisa062797

What ds said to me yesterday...

Unread post by lisa062797 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:37 pm

"Mom, the more I learn about the world, the more interesting it is!"

Man, I love homeschooling. :-) And I *love* this curriculum! Thanks, Hazell's!
Lisa in MN
Wife to Nick
Mom to

NakiainNC

We love ECC!

Unread post by NakiainNC » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:03 pm

I am so impressed with this curriculum. My middle dd is doing K, and of course, I figured it would be wonderful. But ECC is awesome!! Thanks to the Hazells for this great Christian curriculum. We are loving learning about missionaries, but our favorite part so far has been the rainforest. Anna (8 years old- 3rd grade) decided she wanted to do a rainforest shadowbox. I can't figure out how to post a picture here, but if you would like to check out my blog, here is the address. It has a picture of the box. http://chickymomma.blogspot.com/ (October 2008)
Blessed to be the mommy of 3 little ladies and wife to one hunk!

www.chickymomma.blogspot.com

TammyB

Blessed by an authentic Mexican feast

Unread post by TammyB » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:13 am

I need to share with the group here about our Mexican fiesta. It was absolutely amazing, a gift from the Lord....one of those things that I never could have orchestrated on my own. Just a little glimpse into it: We were invited to a friend of a friend's for an authentic fiesta at a Mexican family's home. It was the most beautiful night that we have ever experienced as a family. We lived another culture, and it was more precious than I can describe watching my children making tortillas in a crude outdoor kitchen, surrounded by people from another land, talking, laughing, communicating through gestures.

Okay, I really must go. I'm getting all emotional just remembering it. You know, it was just one of those moments where God just blesses you so abundantly with the knowledge that you are right where you are supposed to be, doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing.

Oh, by the way....It was the little six year old Mexican girl who broke the pinata my six year old daughter made. She showed the other children just exactly how a pinata is supposed to be broken!

Blessings!

striving2Bprov31

I am new and HAAAAAPPPYYYY to be here!!!!

Unread post by striving2Bprov31 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Hello to all,
I am finally here!!!! :) We are new to MFW. Our first day of ECC 2nd edition was on Monday the 11th! When my box arrived and I went through it, I was AMAZED!!! It was even more wonderful than I thought during the 9 months I spent salivating over it, via website.

We are new to homeschooling (August 2009) and I found out about MFW when I was researching currics in April of 2009. I felt the Lord leading us to MFW, but for different reasons, tried to go a different direction when we began schooling. I tried a prepackaged curriculum that was NOT a good fit for us. Then, from last October to now I built our history, science, and Bible myself, and stuck closely with the 3r's. By Christmas I was exhausted and disheartened about homeschooling. I love the creativity of doing my own lesson plans, but we have 4dc and I realistically DO NOT have the time NOR sanity!!!:)

MFW is put together amazingly well! It is what I would put together if I could!! I just can't say enough about it. We are only 2 days into our lessons, LOL, and my kids are already saying how much they love school. Today my dd9 said, "I think geography is my new favorite subject." This is music to my ears!! Our dd9 was in the classroom setting until the end of 3rd grade last spring and homeschooling has been a hard change for her(and ALL of us). She loves to be on the go, so it's been a major adjustment for her even though we are involved in a lot of activities. To see her enthusiasm for homelearning this week has been the boost that I needed.

Anyway, sorry about the rambling....thanks for letting me share!! I know everything happens in God's timing, but I have to wonder what would've happened if I would have started with MFW back in August...? Would the first half of our school year have been easier? Less bumpy?? A smoother adjustment to Hschooling..?? Oh well, it doesn't matter now. Now I think we are on the right track!!

I look forward to getting to know you all! BTW, my husband and I (married 11 yrs.) have dd9, ds7, ds3, ds 12months.
Liz

First week--SUCCESS!!!
Postby striving2Bprov31 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:52 pm
We finished our very first week of MFW ECC--and with flying colors!!! This is an amazing thing for us. Our first year homeschooling, and we FINALLY have found a great fit with curriculum. My kids loved school this week!! --And not because it was all fun and games.....they really love MFW. Twenty minutes ago my son said, "I like this school! Let's keep doing this!" This is the same child that does not want to sit down for anything.

A major victory for us....I've needed this since August.:) :)

Thank you to the Hazell's and MFW!!

Liz

Kelly1730

Re: I am new and HAAAAAPPPYYYY to be here!!!!

Unread post by Kelly1730 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Liz,

Welcome to MFW! We've been with MFW through K, 1st, Adventures and now ECC and I wouldn't do it any other way. I'm so glad that MFW has helped you in your homeschool and that your children are enjoying learning, isn't that great? :)

Thanks for say "hi!
Blessings,
Kelly
Mom to 6
Mimi to 8
MFW K, MFW 1st, Adventures, ECC, CTG, RTR ,EXP-1850, 1850-MOD, Ancient History and Lit 2016-17

TriciaMR

Unread post by TriciaMR » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:57 am

Welcome! We switched from a textbook curriculum to ECC last year, and my then 8 yo dd said, "Geography is my new favorite subject," too! When they love at least one subject in school, it sure helps the attitude overall.

-Trish
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

LA in Baltimore

Unread post by LA in Baltimore » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Welcome!

We came across MFW much later in our homeschooling journey and are very thankful that God put them in our path! We are enjoying Creation to Greeks (CTG) and high school Ancient History and Literature (AHL) this year. It just gets better!!
Glad you shared!
Only by His grace,
LA in Baltimore
Currently enjoying Rome to the Reformation
Graduated oldest May 2010, Three more to go!

tiffany

Unread post by tiffany » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 pm

You know, I think waiting helps you appreciate MFW even more. It tooks us a few years to discover MFW, and I'm not sure I would have picked it from the beginning. I too, wanted to kind of do my own thing. I was really ready to make the change after a few years trying to figure it all out on my own. It was such a relief when that was over. At least you didn't have to wait years! ;)
Tiffany
Wife to Tim ('88)
Mother to Sophie 16, Jonathan 14, Joey 12, Noah 10, Matthew 8, Eli 4
Have completed MFWK, MFW 1st grade, ECC, CTG, RTR, Exp.-1850,1850-Mod., HS Ancients, HS World
Fall of '11 ECC,HS Ancients, HS U.S. History to 1877