Well, here are a few options:amylynn12 wrote:I am having a hard time finding used National Geographic magazines for ECC that aren't a fortune. :) People are selling them on Craigslist in our local area for $300/set. :( Is there another option that may be cheaper? Does anyone know where to find them less expensive? :) We haven't started ECC yet, but hope to next week. Do you use the photos from the magazines very often?
Thanks in advance for any info.
1. Tell the old folks at church you are studying different countries and ask them if they have an old pile you can have. You never know...
2. Tell the librarian your problem. Perhaps the library checks out National Geographic, then you can get what you need for free (just can't keep it). Ours does, just not the most current copy. Also, sometimes libraries sell the older copies cheap -- they don't have room to hold on to all of them.
3. Check the thrift stores and used book stores. We've picked up a few here and there.
4. Don't forget to ask your homeschooling buddies where THEY find old magazines, etc. THey might have a good source you never thought of.
5. Don't sweat it. We used ours very little. We got more information (and less evolution and less culturally-acceptable partial nudity) from library books.