Prayers appreciated

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
bethinga

Prayers appreciated

Unread post by bethinga » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi, my name is Beth and I've been a member here for 7 years. I learned how to use MFW partly through my best friend, Micah, who was homeschooled herself. We have been friends since our now 12 year olds were 1. I wanted to ask for prayers here for her family and mine because she passed away on Jan. 20th after a 7 month battle with a malignant brain tumor. We expected her to recover so it was quite a shock. As you can imagine, this has been extremely difficult for her family. She has 3 girls aged 6, 11, and almost 13. Her husband, who was also homeschooled, and her mother, a veteran homeschool mom, plan to work together to continue homeschooling the girls. I have lost my confidante, my encourager, and the person with whom my kids and I share our homeschool ups and downs. We have other very special friendships, for which I'm so thankful, but hers was the longest and most personal. I am struggling to find my "spark" again. Her family's faith is very strong and they're pulling together to support and uplift one another. And they've been so gracious to treat us as family, too. We want to continue our close friendships with them and their children. I don't mean to get everyone down, but I knew that fellow MFWers and homeschoolers would get the impact more than most. I would greatly appreciate your prayers for her family especially at this time, and also for mine. Thank you.
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

manyblessings

Re: Prayers appreciated

Unread post by manyblessings » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious friend. Keeping you and both families in my prayers.
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA, LGS
2019-2020: ADV

Julie in MN

Unread post by Julie in MN » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 pm

I will pray also, Beth, for your friend's family and yours. We are not created to say good-bye. But God walks with us.
Love,
Julie
Julie, married 29 yrs, finding our way without Shane
(http://www.CaringBridge.org/visit/ShaneHansell)
Reid (21) college student; used MFW 3rd-12th grades (2004-2014)
Alexandra (29) mother; hs from 10th grade (2002)
Travis (32) engineer; never hs

Jason Hood

Unread post by Jason Hood » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Beth,

Let me begin by saying I'm so sorry for your loss. I want to take a moment to let you know that our company shares your burden during this time. Our prayers are with you, your family, and your friend's family. Please know that you can always call upon us for help in the upcoming difficult days. Again, we are praying with you, but if the burden gets too heavy, please give us a call and we'd be glad to pray with you over the phone. And, if there's any way we can help during this time as you continue your homeschool journey, we're here for you.

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss. "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed." - Psalm 34:18 (NLT)

Blessings,

Jason M. Hood
Jason M. Hood
Customer Servant - My Father's World
www.MFWBooks.com
www.JourneyEveryday.com

allgrace

Unread post by allgrace » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Beth,
I am praying for your family and your friend's family.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3‭-‬4 NIV

I pray that you all will know God's comfort in a different way.
Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st
Dd5: MFW K
Ds 3: VOD
Ds. 2: being very active😜

bethinga

Unread post by bethinga » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Thank you all for your prayers, and for the sweet card I received from MFW. My friend’s girls are starting at a small Christian school next week, as it seems the Lord has directed them there. They’ve always been homeschooled so this will be a big transition. Thank you for your continued prayers.
Beth in GA
Mom to a boy and a girl
Using MFW since 2012

allgrace

Unread post by allgrace » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:16 pm

You are welcome!
I pray their transition goes smoothly.
Grace
"Sanctify them by the Truth, your word is Truth" John 17:17
Ds10: CTG
Dd7:MFW 1st