New to all of it!!!

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
Dahlia

New to all of it!!!

Unread post by Dahlia » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Hello all, I'm new to homeschooling. And I appreciate the forum. I need tons of help, organization, teaching methods, impatience, and just encouragement to keep going through the year. I hit a wall and it's down right difficult to get back in the game. My little guy is in first grade, so he's learning reading, knows addition/ subtraction, his next lessons are time telling, spelling etc.
I joined this forum because our home is Christ centered and our church has a large homeschool culture. They used to do meetups once a month, but now they are on Facebook. Most of my past groups are. I had a bad experience on Facebook, so I want no part in it. I look forward to all of your ideas!

KThom3

Re: New to all of it!!!

Unread post by KThom3 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi there Dahlia,

Still hitting that wall? I just wanted to reply to this even though it was awhile ago. Just wanted to say: Hi! Hang in there! :) I'm right there with you.

Homeschooling is hard. I'm still new at it too, only on my 2nd year homeschooling. My oldest in in MFW 1st grade like yours, then I have a 4 year old doing MFW Pre-K and a toddler. It's a tad chaotic sometimes. I love it though. I love the curriculum and my kids do too. It's me that struggles mostly to stay organized and on top of things.

Anyway, I hope you are seeking the Lord for strength and wisdom. I was encouraged this morning by Exodus 4. Moses wasn't qualified in his own eyes (or in life?) to lead the Isrealites out of Egypt, but God chose to use him. Moses even tried to say, "Pick someone else!" I have felt very unqualified to do what I believe God has called our family to do - be home and homeschool our kids - and it was encouraging to me to read how God is the one who makes me "qualified". By his Spirit I can have strength, self-control, patience, love...etc. The Lord will gives us the strength, but we do have to have faith in Him and persevere. If that makes sense...it gave me a bit of relief! If He calls, He'll "help me to speak and teach me what to do" (Exodus 4).

If anything, just wanted to say - you're not alone! :) Have a great day.

Dahlia

Re: New to all of it!!!

Unread post by Dahlia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Thank you KThom3! It's good to know that my message did not come back void! It also came with scripture!

I am proud to report that we are still going strong with our lessons. This time last year we took a vacation, in doing so I could not get back in the groove of our lessons. This year same vacay time, I found myself chomping the bit to get back to our schedule. Such a huge difference a year can make!