Preschool: All Aboard the Animal Train -- Share Your Experiences

If you have used My Father's World curriculum, please share some of your experiences with us. We would all love to hear your stories -- and it will be especially helpful for new people who are trying to determine if MFW is right for their family or school situation.
Marie

Preschool: All Aboard the Animal Train -- Share Your Experiences

Unread post by Marie » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:39 am

If you have used All Aboard the Animal Train, please share some of your experiences with us. We would all love to hear your stories -- and it will be especially helpful for new people who are trying to determine if MFW is right for their family or school situation.

manyblessings

Re: Preschool: All Aboard the Animal Train -- Share Your Experiences

Unread post by manyblessings » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:56 pm

I was so happy to hear about Animal Train. It came out just in time for my youngest child to turn 3. We are currently on unit 9 out of 12, so we are in the home stretch. My bright, articulate daughter has really enjoyed every minute of it, as have I. Not only is it fun, I am so pleased with the content. Just the right amount of Christian character, Bible memory, gentle academics, age-appropriate art projects, structured play, and independent play. A flexible schedule that includes helping Mom clean up after breakfast and making sure to go outside every day. Easy and nutritious snack recipes that go along with the color being taught for the unit, easy enough for your child to actually help make them. Beautiful, high-quality Student Sheets that are not just "worksheets" nor busywork, but are truly helpful and time-saving hands-on teaching aids. Extensive read-aloud lists organized by unit. Extra activities in case you need something else to do with your child, or just for extra fun and learning. Optional "letter of the week" art activities. I am just blown away to have everything I need all in one place. Animal Train lays an excellent foundation in good habits and early learning that I believe will have a positive impact for years to come. It helps Mom teach so much more than animals, shapes, colors, and numbers; and even if your bright child "knows" all these things, I can say with confidence that if you do this program as written they will still benefit greatly. Thank you, Marie, for the time, research, and love you obviously put into this program. I can say that after many years of homeschooling, this is the best preschool I have ever tried, and I highly recommend it.
Lourdes
Mom of 4 adults, 1 daughter-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 1 in 1st, and
3 in heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, and 9/13/13
Married to my soul mate since 6/20/09
Past: MFW K, ECC, AAAT, VOD, GCA
2018-2019 LGS

MFW-Lisa

Look where My Father’s World showed up!

Unread post by MFW-Lisa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:49 am

We are one of the recommended curriculum in this month’s online preschool supplement for HSLDA’s quarterly magazine.

The article explains what types of activities and curriculum are most appropriate for preschoolers. Here is the article:
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hslda/2 ... d=1973#/42

HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association) is a great organization that works to protect the rights we have as homeschoolers. We encourage all families to become members of HSLDA.

It’s FREE if your oldest child is under 5!

Lisa
Lisa
MFW Preschool Consultant
Mom of 4, Grandmom of 5 (soon to be 7)

himom

Unread post by himom » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 pm

My daughter is just finishing up All Aboard The Animal Train.She has learned a lot from it. Prior to starting MFW AATAT she was doing ABCJesusLovesMe for the 1 year and for a bit we were doing the 2 year of ABCJLM on its' own but my daughter is a bit advanced though she' was only 2 I found it way too easy for her not enough challenge. I ventured looking for something else to supplement with and we found AATAT which is very sound.I love that its' in unit studies and even though it was a bit simple for her it was more than enough to hold her attention and it taught a lot of biblical character which is something that was and still is so important for me.She's starting to memorize verses and songs.I also loved the short lessons which I try to keep up to 30 minutes no longer than a half hour.A lot of reading was fun too. I found the book lists helpful as I could tailor it to what I wanted my daughter to learn.For my daughter that meant lots of rhyming as she's been recognizing her ABC's from about 2ish.I *think* as she's my only child that helped her to learn words, sounds because now she's trying to read. She started to 'read' prior to AATAT. Though simple along with ABCJLM 2 year it was more than enough to challenge her.We've also had fun with the hands on projects.Just remember that you don't have to do everything.We've actually skipped some activities and I can tell she has learned even if we didn't do everything.It comes highly recommended.Next week we will be starting Voyage of Discovery.Thank You Marie for the awesome program! We truly enjoyed it!

KMmomof2

Unread post by KMmomof2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:49 pm

We were a little unsure if our child was too young, but we started the "All Aboard the Animal Train" program with our 2 year old (she turned 2 in June and started end of August), and she asks to read the First Virtues book every single day without fail. She is saying the verses after the stories, and a couple of the stories she recites by memory!

The only things we added were alphabet and number charts. We go through big case and lower case, the sounds that the letters make, practice counting, and beginning the first steps of writing her letters. This curriculum is very focused on the reading comprehension, Biblical principles, and hands-on learning games, but doesn't have much on math or phonics, so that's why we incorporated some of that in.

Every day she is excited for school, and all of the activities, poems, and books that go along with it. We are confident that at this point in her schooling, this is the very best choice to help our family to train up our children in the ways of the LORD. We are very thankful for this curriculum!