Recommends for Biblical Studies

Post questions and comments here. All messages posted in this area will stay active for a time. Older posts will be deleted or archived to one of the areas below.
gflack71

Recommends for Biblical Studies

Unread post by gflack71 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:11 pm

I am listening to David Hazell's conference talks and in one of them he talked about having a Scope and Sequence for Bible. I have not started using MFW. I would like to know whether the curriculum covers all Biblical Studies or if the Hazells have a recommend as to curriculum that covers Biblical Studies, Worldviews, Theology and that type of thing?

Thanks!

Theresa

TriciaMR

Re: Recommends for Biblical Studies

Unread post by TriciaMR » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:35 pm

The high school years cover the entire Bible, Worldviews, Religions, etc.

In the younger years, you memorize parts of the Bible, or in Explorers to 1850, the entire book of James. World Religions are covered in Exploring Countries and Cultures. But, the Bible is beautifully intertwined with the history (one of the things I love about MFW), throughout the younger years.
Trish - Wife to Phil, Mom to Toni(18), Charlie(14), and Trent(14)
2014-2015 - AHL, CTG
2015-2016 - WHL, RTR
2016-2017 - EXP1850, US1877
2017-2018 - DE, 1850MOD
2018-2019 - College, AHL
My blog

gflack71

Unread post by gflack71 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Thank you for the help!

Christy - Staff

Unread post by Christy - Staff » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Welcome to the MFW Message Board! We're glad you are here.

MFW presents the Bible in every aspect of our curriculum. It is our goal to provide you with a frame work each year to help you disciple your children. Every year has a Biblical focus that is incorporated into each year's study of history, science, geography, art, and music. You can find some information about the Biblical focus on this website page - http://www.mfwbooks.com/products?clear=true.

Here are a few examples:

Learning God's Story, First Grade - God’s Story from Genesis through Revelation – We teach that the main reason to learn to read is to read and understand God’s Word.

Exploring Countries and Cultures – God calls man to share His Word to the world: we study Matthew while learning the countries and cultures of the world including their biomes and ecosystems.

Ancient History and Literature – A verse by verse reading of the entire Old Testament with challenging practical application during the examination of the worldviews of ancient societies and their literature in comparison to the Biblical worldview.

I would be happy to talk to you about any other questions you may have.
Christy Callahan - MFW Customer Service Team Lead
Wife to Mike (homeschooling dad)
Mom to 5 blessings and foster mom to many

gflack71

Unread post by gflack71 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Thank you for that reassurance :)